Poll: How should the old world be updated

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I dont honestly understand why people want another remodeling of the old content. Its something you spendt a minimal amount of time in, and people are already complaianing about the max level content

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see a full world update.
    New quests, stories etc. Also make Everson woods, ghostlands and Azuremyst isle part of Azeroth.
    Atm those 2 zones are placed in the "outlands" world, hence why there are instance portal from eastern plaguelands that takes you to the ghostlands. Also fix those zones so we can fly in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some things regarding old content I would like to see.

I would like to see scenarios as well as events similar to these invasions. Basically events that scale from level X - Max level. Over the course of the next few years, add at least one such event to every zone in the whole game, so that at some point in time you have stuff going on in 3-4 zones at the same time. It could give all sorts of rewards, special marks to buy pets/toys/cosmetics/whatever that are shared between several of those events, so that high level players don't have to do a single event. Low level players would be rewarded with good gear and a huge EXP bonus, as well as the marks, which should be more than enough.

I would also like to see the old world getting used in new story scenarios, like the Green Fire quest or the new artifact ones. Those could come just for story reason or even a return of the 3 man scenarios, just a bit more interesting than the Pandaria ones (which really were nothing more than 3 man dungeons - why not something liek Troves of the Thunder King but for several players?).

10+ Year Old Account
    A rework of every zone with the level scaling tech with rotating zone objectives. World bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I dont honestly understand why people want another remodeling of the old content. Its something you spendt a minimal amount of time in, and people are already complaianing about the max level content

I just want to see a continuation of the story. Even if it was still level 30 content I would go back and do all of it to get an update on what's happened. I don't really want a full rewrite, new textures, etc... (Though that would be nice) Like some people have brought up some of the quests and NPC's are still referring to stuff that happened 3 expansions ago.

Even just a few quests in *current* content that mention older zones and what's happened since then would be fine with me.
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... Pure rubbish mate. Get on with it.
    What I've stated is true. Some zones are completely different and nothing like before. I can hardly see how and why someone would try to argue the contrary.

definitely a full cata style update, that brings quel'thalas and azuremyst into azeroth and updates them.

it's past time. don't feed me a line of shit about "muh raids" and other crap like that. keeping the world consistent is more important.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    So I am wondering some opinions on this. I would love for Blizzard to update the old world. Either through a blanket update like Cataclysm (Not a full reshape the land type thing, as there was a good lore reason behind that) scenario's or phased zones.

Some of my favorite content in WoW has been the revisiting of older locations. Such as revisiting the Black Temple in The Black Harvest Quest, or The Nexus during the Legendary Staff. There are just so many characters and locations that are just forgotten about and never mentioned again once their expansion is over. Few examples, I'd like to know what happened to New Hearthglenn, the place was a fairly large settlement to just be abandoned. Does the Argent Crusade Occupy it? The Alliance? Scourge? Smugglers? Now that the Dark Iron Dwarves are the good guys what happens with Shadowforge City? Will the Dark Irons ever retake Blackrock Spire from the rotating cast of Orcs/Dragons/Ogres/Trolls? (Blackrock Spire has been updated a few times though, which I've always liked) Will Danath ever leave Honor Hold? Etc... I know some people will see this as lazy and just recycled old content but I view little updates like this as a progression of the overall story.

And I've read a bit that Legion is doing this, which is one reason I am looking forward to Legion that perhaps any other expansion.

So if there were to provide updates, how would you rather see them?

Blanket Update like Catacylsm
    Scenario's like Black Harvest
    Phased Zones like Theramore Pre/Post Destruction

And what are some other areas & characters you'd like to see an update on?
    Seeing as there are npcs in place that can take you back into time and what not before the events blizzard can do whatever they want with older zones players know they can always use npc to go back in time to do older previous content they may have missed out on they should utilize this so players can go back and do vanilla/bc stuff no longer available
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I don't want MASSIVE changes overall, but I would like to see some of the damage from Cataclysm to be somewhat receovered in many zones.
    Same here. Darkshore is still a mess, Menethil Harbor is still half underwater, etc. I know there are some things you can't just fix overnight (like when an entire zone gets burned to cinders or completely flooded), but you'd think the inhabitants of some places like Menethil and Darkshore would at least have gotten some general repairs and cleanup done in the years since we took Deathwing down. It's been two expansions (about 4 years) in the real world, but iirc, several years have passed on Azeroth.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-08-14 at 03:55 PM.