He's the only white male.

Velen: Alien
    Tyrande: A chick
    Jaina: A chick
    Muradin: Circus folk
    Mekkatorgue: Circus folk
    Genn: Dog
    Anduin: Privileged white boy
    This would be funny if it actually was true. But Genn, Muradin and Mekkatorque too are white males.

OT: It would be fun if democracy would kick in; Blizzard doing an ingame poll making players able to democratically choose the leader. Blizzard will have to design around it.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Why is Obama effectively the leader of the Free World and primary commander of all NATO forces? Europeans or the Japanese never voted for him.

Because the US is the backbone of the Free World and makes up the bulk of NATO forces.

Why is Anduin the leader of the Alliance? Because he is the King of Stormwind and Stormwind is the America of the Alliance.

No further debate is to be had here.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2016-08-14 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Why is Obama effectively the leader of the Free World and primary commander of all NATO forces? Europeans or the Japanese never voted him.

Because the US is the backbone of the Free World and makes up the bulk of NATO forces.

Why is Anduin the leader of the Alliance? Because he is the King of Stormwind and Stormwind is the American of the Alliance.

Ehm. Well. I disagree with this statement

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    So what kind of government do the gnomes have?
    Technocracy.

Why is Obama effectively the leader of the Free World and primary commander of all NATO forces? Europeans or the Japanese never voted him.

Why is Anduin the leader of the Alliance? Because he is the King of Stormwind and Stormwind is the American of the Alliance.

The night elves are a far more powerful empire than Stormwind will ever be. Don't forget who caused the sundering, who killed Archimonde, and who has given us the lieks of figures like Illidan and Malfurion.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    The "High King" is a purely military title, and were it not a king holding it would likely be diffrent. It means the holder of the title is in charge of the Allaince Armies as a whole. Blizzard was pretty clear on this early on when the title was first given to Varien.
    Am I still the only one who thinks that the "High King" title as heard from that future vision represents the high king of the army of light? What if the horde/alliance are a PRIME faction now? I mean, it SHOULD...right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fordring should show up, manage to place a dummy LK on the Frozen Throne and take charge of the Alliance. =P Or, freeze Stormwind and do the same taking charge bit while still the LK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Fordring should show up, manage to place a dummy LK on the Frozen Throne and take charge of the Alliance. =P Or, freeze Stormwind and do the same taking charge bit while still the LK.
    I'd much rather have Turalyon showing up :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    The night elves are a far more powerful empire than Stormwind will ever be. Don't forget who caused the sundering, who killed Archimonde, and who has given us the lieks of figures like Illidan and Malfurion.
    The Night Elves of today aren't any of those things. They couldn't stop a Horde invasion of Ashenvale without the intervention of Varian and the Alliance.

The Night Elves aren't immortal anymore and their numbers are down. They are by all intent and purposes a declining race at best and a dying one at worst.

Their reliance of Druidism and historical rejection of Technology and Magic (tho they are now again starting yo dable in it) put them at a severe disadvantage compared to the more industrious races.

There are more humans than Elves, they breed faster, they are politically flexible, they are more ambitious and more industrious.

Stormwind puts up the soldiers, the resources, the ships and the Mages.

Sorry but the powerful Nightelves have been retconned out of existence in the past... 6-7 years now

Deleted
    The Night Elves of today aren't any of those things. They couldn't stop a Horde invasion of Ashenvale without the intervention of Varian and the Alliance.

The Night Elves aren't immortal anymore and their numbers are down. They are by all intent and purposes a declining race at best and a dying one at worst.

Their reliance of Druidism and historical rejection of Technology and Magic (tho they are now again starting yo dable in it) put them at a severe disadvantage compared to the more industrious races.

There are more humans than Elves, they breed faster, they are politically flexible, they are more ambitious and more industrious.

Stormwind puts up the soldiers, the resources, the ships and the Mages.

Sorry but the powerful Nightelves have been retconned out of existence in the past... 6-7 years now
    It's a very clichee situation the NightElves are in. This has been applied to elves from LotR to MassEffect.
    In regards of military it comes down to commando warfare as they don't have the numbers for a full on frontal assault but instead their soldiers are very skilled and deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    This would be funny if it actually was true. But Genn, Muradin and Mekkatorque too are white males.

OT: It would be fun if democracy would kick in; Blizzard doing an ingame poll making players able to democratically choose the leader. Blizzard will have to design around it.
    No, that would mean pissing of possibly more than 50%. You can do that in politics becasue the voters have to suck it but WoW is highly optional. Oligarchy would be best, just form a council with one of each faction. On the other hand having one leader makes you way more agile since you don't have to argue out a compromise before taking action. Emergency Powers and all.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-08-14 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    The alliance overall is not a monarchy but Stormwind is.
    What I know wonder is what kind of government do the other races have?
    Draenei and NightElves got a theocracy.
    Dwarves did have a monarchy too but now it's an oligarchy.
    Gilneas, or what's left of it has a monarchy.
    So what kind of government do the gnomes have?
    OH! I can answer that!

Stormwind - Constitutional Monarchy (because the lords and the constitution have importance in what is said and done, yet Varian moved towards Absolute Monarchy)
    Khaz Modan - Monarchy - currently the Council is reagent for Moira's child unless we count Magni, during Magni's time it was an Absolute Monarchy
    Darnassus - Theocracy with Ecologist Democracy elements
    Exodar - Theocracy
    Gnomeregan - Presidential Republic (leader is chosen by vote from everyone, otherwise this would not have been the case)
    Gilneas - Absolute Monarchy
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-08-14 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    its mainly because Orcs vs. Humans, but...

Lorewise Humans have a good majority within the Alliance military, even as the last bastion of Humanity, Stormwind can supply numerous fronts for other members of the Alliance to reinforce with their own resources. Its the flexibility of the human fleets that make them the most valuable to the Alliance, as a result, they have the most influence in the politics of invested parties.

If Stormwind wants to do something, its in the best interest of the other races to aid them, because if Stormwind fails in its objective, it becomes significantly weaker, and makes them less capable when the other races need humans to get things done.

EDIT: I think it also goes without saying, but just in case: Its doubtful that Stormwind Citizens would agree to be led by anyone but another Human being, conveniently being Anduin.

I doubt even Genn would get much support if Anduin didnt exist in the picture, he is a monarch of a former Alliance Nation sure, but hes also a Worgen, which muddles his relationship with his Stormwind counterparts.
    The irony of that is most of it never made much sense.

Orcs vs Humans stopped being a thing once WC3 released.

Mankind suffered a bigger population purge than most other races, considering most of their kingdoms flat out fell, and those left were burned to the ground and their people scattered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Am I still the only one who thinks that the "High King" title as heard from that future vision represents the high king of the army of light? What if the horde/alliance are a PRIME faction now? I mean, it SHOULD...right?
    Turalyon is the leader of the army of light.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

No....turalyon is high commander of it as of RIGHT now, however in many years to come, he'll be dead. I think we'll just meet turalyon, have anduin train with turalyon, only for someone to kill turalyon later, having anduin take the leader of the army of light title.

Why is Obama effectively the leader of the Free World and primary commander of all NATO forces? Europeans or the Japanese never voted for him.

Why is Anduin the leader of the Alliance? Because he is the King of Stormwind and Stormwind is the America of the Alliance.

Obama is not the "primary commander" of NATO. That would be the current Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg.

You really should learn what NATO is and how it operates, before basing an argument over it.

Deleted
    Alliance is not a monarchy. Stormwind is an absolute monarchy, the best system that has ever been used. Other races should follow the pattern.

Anything other than absolute monarchy is a joke and should be treated as such.

Why the fuck would you give someone a military position if they needed advisors to actually run the show?
    Because doing military things and doing leadership things are two different things. The rationale behind this is: King Anduin gets advice from the military people on what the best military plan should be, and then it is the King's job to sell everyone on the idea and make things happen. Oftentimes, the smartest military minds would make horrible leaders.

Even if you have a complete dictatorship, the leader still has to sell his ideas to the people actually doing the deeds. Otherwise he runs into an unfortunate accident. Or just as bad, people obey his commands in ways that undermine the intent of the operations.

So from a theoretical standpoint, having a King be the Salesman in Chief would be a quite reasonable way to do business. Then he can have experts to rely on to deal with military matters, diplomatic matters, economic matters, keeping the peace matters, etc.

obviously there is only one suitable individual to lead the alliance during this dire time against the legion

Someone who has the experience dealing with such heroes in the past. Someone who was leading the alliance to victory before the lesser races betrayed him and spilled his noble blood.

Lord Garithos!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    He's the only white male.

Velen: Alien
    Tyrande: A chick
    Jaina: A chick
    Muradin: Circus folk
    Mekkatorgue: Circus folk
    Genn: Dog
    Anduin: Privileged white boy
    ugh, and the SJWs have to make something out of it.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    DISCLAIMER: I am primarily an Alliance player and this bugs me.

I don't know if this has been posted before but it kind of bugs me that Anduin automatically becomes "High King" of the Alliance. He is the prince of the humans of Stormwind, but not the prince of everyone else. I feel like Varian's appointment as leader of the Alliance was warranted by his experience and prowess as a strategist and skilled warrior. Anduin barely has any experience leading, and that is paltry when compared to the likes of Velen and Tryande who have had thousands of years of experience, and wisdom, and, well a lot of things that Anduin doesn't have. He shouldn't be the leader of the Alliance. I see people complaining about Slyvanas' appointment by Vol'Jin as the new leader of the Horde and to me that makes more sense than Anduin becoming the leader of the Alliance just because he was the son of Varian. The Alliance is, well, an alliance, not a monarchy. There shouldn't have been some dynastic transfer of power.

/endrant

Uh-huh, because some dying moron appointing a new leader based on the voices in his head is soooo much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Obama is not the "primary commander" of NATO. That would be the current Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg.

You really should learn what NATO is and how it operates, before basing an argument over it.
    Actually...

Jens Stoltenberg is a civilian clerk. He doesn't decide or apply policy.
    The dude actually running the application of policy is a guy called Petr Pavel. Chairman of the Military Committee.

Nominally speaking the North Atlantic Council sets policy by unanimity. In practice, the US decides. Setting the Foreign and Defense policy of the US is the sole responsibility of the President of the United States. The idea that Hungary or Latvia would have the weight in the NAC as the US is laughable at best.

Common let's be frank here.

NATO is the US military and it's auxiliaries. The US is the operational and political backbone of the whole thing. Just as Stormwind is the operational and political backbone of the Alliance. The comparison stands. Tho unlike in WoW, it's highly unlikely you'll see the President of the United States personally leading the charge against a Demonic Invasion, dual wielding magical swords, getting himself killed and passing down the role to his daughter Malia Obama, the Princess Who Was Promised.