Thread: Demonblade?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Here's a vid I made demonstrating how Demon Blades performs at 110 for context
    Hmm... Many abilities are off their cooldown for the majority of the fight. No Fel Barrage or Bloodlet talents chosen? I don't think this vid properly represents how DB performs at lvl 110...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    I think the way it works is when you use abilities, you can still auto attack, so you're still generating procs but they cannot be spent while you're on GCD, but once you're not on a GCD they are spent.
    So essentially I need an auto attack timer again like wrath and prior? It's not a problem but I'm am wanting clarification.

Deleted
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be using vengeful retreat for reasons other than mobility when using demon blades
    With momentum you use it on cooldown, otherwise it's just for emergency situations unless you have Prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygai View Post
    So essentially I need an auto attack timer again like wrath and prior? It's not a problem but I'm am wanting clarification.
    I don't think that's necessary? It shouldn't be too complicated, keep your abilities on CD (except eye beam and blade dance on ST, I guess. until legion anyway.) and generate fury when you have nothing else to press. Then again, I don't really know much, all I know is the stuff that's written in guides, so maybe someone with more experience could better answer your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    With momentum you use it on cooldown, otherwise it's just for emergency situations unless you have Prepared.
    Of course, but I was referring to live, during the prepatch. Don't have momentum yet.
    Last edited by Justin-Sane; 2016-08-13 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    Of course, but I was referring to live, during the prepatch. Don't have momentum yet.
    Ah, then you only use it with prepared or emergencies.

Hmm... Many abilities are off their cooldown for the majority of the fight. No Fel Barrage or Bloodlet talents chosen? I don't think this vid properly represents how DB performs at lvl 110...
    How so? Because I didn't pick your preferred talents suddenly my fury gen has different rules? It's not a rotational demonstration, but showing how fast the fury builds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I don't want to be forced into that playstyle because it's "the best".
    Don't do mythic raiding then, it's like that for everyone.

How so? Because I didn't pick your preferred talents suddenly my fury gen has different rules? It's not a rotational demonstration, but showing how fast the fury builds.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't do mythic raiding then, it's like that for everyone.
    Except it's not, It's an awful playstyle that blizzard themselves have stated they don't intend mythic raiders to have to use.

They've said multiple times now that the Demon Blades playstyle is intended to be the worst when it comes to DPS, it's simply there for those that want a "simpler playstyle". That's why i chose the Demon Hunter as my main for Legion, the momentum style of play is incredibly fun and interactive and Blizzard stated that they do not intend for Demon Blades to be top tier.

Except it's not, It's an awful playstyle that blizzard themselves have stated they don't intend mythic raiders to have to use.

They've said multiple times now that the Demon Blades playstyle is intended to be the worst when it comes to DPS, it's simply there for those that want a "simpler playstyle". That's why i chose the Demon Hunter as my main for Legion, the momentum style of play is incredibly fun and interactive and Blizzard stated that they do not intend for Demon Blades to be top tier.
    I agree it shouldn't be the best. Active talents should always be better than passives. But my point wasn't specific to demon blades, any class when used in competitive raiding will require you do a certain build.

DB sims at 32% wait time at L110 in full T19 gear. If you enjoy waiting for resources a third of the time, go for it.

Later on in the expansion with more haste on gear, it will get better. But due to how secondary stat budgets are deliberately tuned to scale poorly with itemlvl in Legion, it won't be the huge change we saw in previous expansions.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20742704730

Deleted
    They're not my preferred talents, they're the best dps talents according to sims and feel pretty nice at 110. The main gripe most people have when talking about DB is that "you only autoattack", your video doesn't show the fact that we have quite a lot of abilities to use at 110 to make DB feel less boring than it is at 100. My criticism is that if you make a video demonstrating demon blades at 110, you should at least grab the talents raiding people are going to be using.

Heck, one of the major things with DB at 110 is that it generates Fel Barrage charges much much faster than using bite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    No it's not when coupled with high crit rate, Fel Barrage and legendary Ring (Legion). Once you understand how to use it and it's charge system it's money. However the recent nerf lets it shine in only three setups/situations.
    It's still rng based. It proccs 75% of all auto hits which are missing by default 15% of all time? not reliable imo

DW attacks miss 19% of the time, unless this was changed in 7.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    DW attacks miss 19% of the time, unless this was changed in 7.0.
    I thought this was because the target dummies were meant for 113. This would make sense why some of my attacks are missing.

Special attacks (ie, not autoattacks) should never miss. Autoattacks should miss 19% of the time on targets +3 levels from you. On 113 boss dummies you would miss a heck of a lot more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Okay, cheers for the replies, I think for the most part they sum up what I thought, its pretty dammed awesome, but feels odd not hitting a constant button (due to missing half of our abilities) ?
    You should be hitting more than one button even now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

They're not my preferred talents, they're the best dps talents according to sims and feel pretty nice at 110. The main gripe most people have when talking about DB is that "you only autoattack", your video doesn't show the fact that we have quite a lot of abilities to use at 110 to make DB feel less boring than it is at 100. My criticism is that if you make a video demonstrating demon blades at 110, you should at least grab the talents raiding people are going to be using.

Heck, one of the major things with DB at 110 is that it generates Fel Barrage charges much much faster than using bite.
    Like I said, it's not a dps rotation video. Go find a channel that does class guides for that. The only purpose of the video is to show how bursty the fury is

They've already stated that they intend for Demon Blades to be the worst talent in that tier, let's hope they can actually do that, I don't want to be forced into that playstyle because it's "the best".
    You already are. Now with demon blades nerf....momentum is even worse.

We have an entirely worthless talent tree outside of momentum skills.

We have one dps specialation and somehow still only one viable set of talents.

Anyone advocating the nerf of anything and not the buff of the crappy talents is wrong. Dead wrong.

Tbh, starting to like Demonblades, not just because it's higher damage atm, but because I like having escape tools for escaping, not dps-boosting... At lvl110, we get more abilities via talents anyway.

Deleted
    Even with this talent I almost never just stand around doing nothing.. vengeful retreat, fel rush and throw glaive are buttons to press while waiting for fury to generate (and fel rush actuall helps with it too, with the talent).

I don't understand why people say DH is literally 2 buttons right now, it's not :/.

Edit: Not saying that the playstyle isn't simple, it is. But you shouldn't be standing around doing nothing.
    Last edited by mmoc74a3289bbe; 2016-08-14 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    You should be hitting more than one button even now.
    I do, but it seems slow to generate the fury, then my rotation as normal for a few second, then starved again