Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    also technically they are the only race who have a walking/talking trees as guardian, so there is that.
    Which means they can also scream and run away!

Run filthy tree, run!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    During the quest " Aid of the frostwolf " Drek'thar basically said all that needs to be said about the forsaken.
    Thats rich coming from someone that was really happy to become a warlock when young.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    She's the least horde leader in the horde, the way she acts in the icecrown dungeons, silverpine forest, it's clear she puts herself above others and cares little to nothing for the rest of us, hopefully it's not a permanent appointment.

During the quest " Aid of the frostwolf " Drek'thar basically said all that needs to be said about the forsaken.
    Where has Drek'Thar been in the main universe when all the threats have been aligned against Azeroth and Sylvanas is meeting them head on with her armies in force every time.

Right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That hardly matters.
    The High Elves started a war by building a city in their holy land.
    Let's call it what it is: An invasion.
    Then they asked the humans for help and they agreed if they could learn magic.
    So they both happily decimated the Trolls.
    That's how the old Alliance acted.

Everyone did bad stuff. Except maybe the Tauren.
    I just don't think it's enough to call any race 'evil'.
    People shit talk Sylvanas but here is some food for thought.
    What would of happened if Kel'Thuzad and the Dreadlord trio had reigned unchecked in the Eastern Kingdoms without Sylvanas routing the Dreadlords, Freeing undead, and keeping the Scourge on the offensive?

Thanks Sylvanas. Saving Azeroth for ungrateful fucks in the south that Never fought in the Third War. 10/10 Would downplay again.

Stormwind was dealing with Defias and Gnoll problems OH MY!

Meanwhile Forsaken delt with the Zealous Scarlet Crusade , Scourge, Legion, and the Worgen Curse to the south.

Also plottwist

Genn hates the forsaken not because they took control of his doomed city state that was already sinking into the Ocean. He hates them because Sylvanas and the Forsaken are a reminder of his ultimate betrayal when he left the Alliance and the faced oblivion while the sat with their gates closed saying TOO BAD while polishing their monocles. Genn wishes to absolve himself of his past indignities to the nation that rose from the ashes and destroyed his kingdom. the Same kingdom he left to rot in the first place.

Good show Genn Greyman. Hope Nanathos gets a nice new trophy rug before the expansion ends.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2016-08-14 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats rich coming from someone that was really happy to become a warlock when young.
    Well, old age always tends to change perspectives. Especially when it borders senility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I don't have the wish to look for all those cases, but the human pet walking around undercity its non-canon, its a reference to Fable (to Theressa, the sister of the main character of Fable 1)

Just because Theresa is a reference does not mean it isn't canon. Theresa is definitely canon. Gerard even admitted how he mind controlled her through torture and surgery while she was still awake.

Gerard Abernathy says: A little torture, a pinch of magic, and an ample helping of invasive surgery. She was conscious, of course.

Drek'thar knows the true nature of the Forsaken. He explains everything perfectly.

Drek'Thar says: So you have come seeking our aid?
    Drek'Thar coughs.
    Drek'Thar says: I... *cough* I have been alive for a very long time. In that time I have seen and done terrible things.
    Drek'Thar says: Things that still keep me awake at nights.
    Drek'Thar says: But these terrible things that I have done and the people that I have harmed - I know them... I face them... and I feel remorse for them.
    Drek'Thar says: But the Forsaken. *cough* What do they feel?
    Drek'Thar says: They ravage the land and destroy everything that they touch. How many lives have been lost to their vile poisons?
    Drek'Thar says: How many innocents have fallen before the Forsaken war machine?
    Drek'Thar says: Countless... countless lives... *cough*
    Drek'Thar says: Yes... I have done terrible things, but nothing could ever be as terrible as lending aid to the Forsaken.
    Drek'Thar says: You go back to that spineless orc who would not come see me and you tell him that the Frostwolf clan will not aid the Forsaken. Not now, not ever!
    Drek'Thar says: BEGONE!

Seeing Sylvanas fanboys falling over themselves to justify their love of an awful character is still amusing.

At best, she's schizophrenic (as she switches from 'utter monster' to 'dark hero' whenever its plot-convenient). At worst she's a master manipulator, mass murderer, genocidal warmonger who's willing to do anything to kill and torture her enemies.

Don't get me wrong, she's interesting. But she's not a good guy, at all.

The upside to her being Warchief, of course, is that it probably means her time is growing short. No-one stays Warchief for long in the Horde. She was safer as the dark horse unreliable ally - being in charge of the Horde is either going to get her killed or lead to her finally revealing herself as the big evil bad she's blatantly been for the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    At best, she's schizophrenic (as she switches from 'utter monster' to 'dark hero' whenever its plot-convenient). At worst she's a master manipulator, mass murderer, genocidal warmonger who's willing to do anything to kill and torture her enemies.
    Killing your enemies during a war is not mass murder. And she has committed no genocides. Also, saying that she's willing to do anything to torture her enemies means that torturing people is her goal, which is rather bizarre claim. And objectively wrong since we've been told her actual goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    The upside to her being Warchief, of course, is that it probably means her time is growing short. No-one stays Warchief for long in the Horde. She was safer as the dark horse unreliable ally - being in charge of the Horde is either going to get her killed or lead to her finally revealing herself as the big evil bad she's blatantly been for the last decade.
    Sylvanas is going to finally reveal herself as an avatar of Sargeras and she's blatantly been one for the last decade? Unless you have some other idea of who the big bad of WoW is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    But the Loa told him to pick her, because vision and whatnot.

All joking aside, I think she'll be a capable Warchief, I don't particularly like her character but you can't argue with results, I would much have preferred Lor'Themar because I think he's a lot cooler but hey, at least it's not Vol'Jin and at least it's not Thrall.

I will say the title of Warchief doesn't really fit Sylvanas, Warchief seems very tribal and the Forsaken most definitely are anythin but that.

sorry but i woud rather have her than the goblin or blood elf dude. Baine would be ok but he is kinda young still imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I can never get behind a decision that's rationalized like this was. "I know you suck for the job, but the spirits told me so, so lulkkthxbai".

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Where has Drek'Thar been in the main universe when all the threats have been aligned against Azeroth and Sylvanas is meeting them head on with her armies in force every time.

Right.
    He doesn't need to be leading front and centre to put across an effective point, he's completely correct about the forsaken, events with southshore and other regions they've destroyed with little regard serve to prove his point, he lives with his regrets and feels remorse for the things he's done, Sylvanas doesn't feel shit other than self preservation, she cares about herself and no one else.

But tell me, when has she lead front and centre against threats to Azeroth? Western Plaguelands against the alliance and their farmers? Some threat or how about that dungeon in icecrown when she accomplishes nothing? Legion is the first expansion she'll be leading from the front and after seeing Stormheim on the beta, she's only out for herself and keeping secrets from her fellow leaders such as visiting Helya.