Deleted

Tanking as a Demon-Hunter

Its been couple of days now and I honestly cannot complain about the vengeance spec. The sigils work like a charm in Mythic dungeons, the whole rotation can be subjective, but if it works for you, them thats fine. I compared my DK tanking (with legendary ring) to DH tanking and I really don't see the any weakness with the DH (known for being squishy for some odd reason) The 700ilevel gear from vendors mainly focuses on DPS spec rather than tank, perhaps critical strike for example is pretty much mediocre for tanking as it is the lowest from the stat priority, so I focused on mainly Haste > Mastery > Versatility.
    I tanked HFC Mythic, HFC HC and also Mythic Dungeons with randoms, and I cannot complain, I had few deaths here or there, but it was mainly the healers faulty (as tanks more relay on them now) or someone from the group pulled more mobs with barrage (hunter).

Personal opinion, but I actually think DH tanking has a better edge than any other tanking spec, due to mobility.

But hey, this is just my experience, as I played it only couple for couple of days. We really don't need more talents at the moment.

From @Munkky Crit does have some value, both now and later down the road in legion.

From Munkky's Thread
    I will be going for this build: Mastery > Crit > Haste > Vers
    If I feel Squishy in raid I will go for: Haste > Mastery > Vers > Crit
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    From @Munkky Crit does have some value, both now and later down the road in legion.

From Munkky's Thread
    HE also states he is going for those stats to level quicker. The updated 100 survival priority is haste > vers > mastery > crit. 110 it's haste > mastery >= vers (haste dependant) > crit.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post

From Munkky's Thread
    Don't you need haste for the spikes?, since it is a very important spell in your rotation as a tank. I get it that it dosen't provide major min reduction only seconds in the spell, but it still its a powerful spell. If you are getting mastery than the spikes will have more dmg reduction, so why no haste? I am guessing you are going the balanced route with damage and survivability 50/50?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    Don't you need haste for the spikes?, since it is a very important spell in your rotation as a tank. I get it that it dosen't provide major min reduction only seconds in the spell, but it still its a powerful spell. If you are getting mastery than the spikes will have more dmg reduction, so why no haste? I am guessing you are going the balanced route with damage and survivability 50/50?
    Haste reduces the cooldown for demon spikes, immolation aura and felblade. Combine these with traits from the artifact weapons it reduces the damage you take more frequently and increase your self healing from fire damage done.

Those stat weights are for Pre Patch only. As someone stated, I am aiming for Mastery > Crit due to more dps and for Leveling speed. Crit is only good for DPS, and is mediocre at best for Surv.

Haste is going to be really good in Pre Patch for surv and is roughly tied for second best surv wise at 110. Which you can refer to my guide for if you have questions. To be honest, my Demon Spikes uptime is terrible, because Survivability in this nerfed HFC means nothing. Its so easy to survive and you get the heal from Soul Cleave. 9/10 times I'd rather dump the pain into Soul Cleave for more dps. The heal from it is more of a plus at this point.

I made THIS post explaining all of the stats and what all the various weights are for.

p.s. The 110 Surv stats are: Vers > Haste >= Mastery > Crit