Poll: Which one better?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Wrathgate vs Broken Shores

Which one was better?

Legion:

Wrathgate:
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2016-08-14 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    The better story is the Legion one.

I was heavily invested into the whole Arthas and Lich king thing tho

I'm asuming we are not comparing the graphics right. That would be a bit unfair

One sided question. Bolvar's death pales in comparison to Varian's. Saurfang's son was a nobody next to Vol'jin. And did we forget about Tirion's "death"?

Don't worry, I see Varian/Tirion being fel corrupted bosses in next expansion. There's no body seen from Varian, and Gul'dan would've been a fool to simply obliterate him if he could use him.

this shouldn't even be a thing to debate, broken shore is a clear winner here, as wrathgate is not even an actual event, its just a cinematic that pops once you finish the quest chain, while you actually are a part of the event with broken shore, in additions to several cinematics vs the only we got with wrathgate.

Deleted
    Maybe you're a new player Tiphess but the Wrathgate used to send us to an event to attack the Undercity. It was a stupid idea to remove this as it was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcrae View Post
    Maybe you're a new player Tiphess but the Wrathgate used to send us to an event to attack the Undercity. It was a stupid idea to remove this as it was pretty cool.
    started at BC, just forgot the undercity part

I still think broken shore is much better tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    They certainly are the top two in-game cinematics in WoW right now. both putting in those feels the first time I saw them. I seriously cannot choose for now I will say they are both on the same level.

Both tell a great story of sacrifice in the face of a greater enemy. And I am a sucker for those sort of things
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

For me it was Wrathgate. Most of my toons at the time were undead, and even though it turned out to be a renegade faction, when that guy came over the hill going "did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold now the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!" I was literally filled with a perverse sense of pride that no cinematic has matched since.

Broken Shore was definitely good. It was more important in the grand scheme of things; it was longer; it was kind of sad and impactful. But that "oh HELL yeah!" moment has never been duplicated for me.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The THREE Broken Shore cutscenes were amazing.

But it's almost unfair to compare the cinematic team's first work with their latest.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathgate, like pretty much all of WotLK sucked monkey balls..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Broken shore was way better. Story, technology, content. Everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Which one was better?

Legion:

Wrathgate:
    Mate, on this card I cannot vote for a single one, but both. Both were great, and could easily rewatch all the cutscenes from Broken Shore, as well as the Wrathgate scene.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Both were great but I'm giving the edge to Broken Shore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broken Shore: Heavily narrated, (awesome) cutscene riddled, 15-20 minute lasting scenario only available during the pre-launch event
    -OR-
    Wrathgate: Full on storyline that goes through different zones and (if you're lucky) a few levels, lasting quite long, with a single (but very epic) cutscene, small narration (mostly during the UC invasion)

I'm sorry, but to me it feels like we're trying to compare tap-water to a wet fart.

I voted both. Because I'm very indecisive
    Last edited by zubaja; 2016-08-14 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    only available during the pre-launch event
    Not true. Every new player will go through it to get to the Broken Isles, even after launch. You just get the option to skip it if you've done it on another character.

And of COURSE there was more build-up to the Wrathgate than the Broken Shore, because the Wrathgat was the END of a storyline while the Broken Shore is the START of it. Claiming the entire story as part of the ending when comparing it to the start of another is pretty disingenuous.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2016-08-14 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Not true. Every new player will go through it to get to the Broken Isles, even after launch.
    Just new players, or any character just entering Legion content (e.g. lv.100+)?

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    One sided question. Bolvar's death pales in comparison to Varian's. Saurfang's son was a nobody next to Vol'jin. And did we forget about Tirion's "death"?

Don't worry, I see Varian/Tirion being fel corrupted bosses in next expansion. There's no body seen from Varian, and Gul'dan would've been a fool to simply obliterate him if he could use him.
    Tirion dies after Ret paladins get their artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    Just new players, or any character just entering Legion content (e.g. lv.100+)?
    Any character entering Legion content, but if you've already done it on at least one character you hvae the option to skip it.

Deleted
    Horde side of Broken shore cinematic and also part of second is huge lore mess. Voljin being stabbed by some rng trash mobs when he is master when comes to fast combat and have very advanced healing skills. He even kept his scar on neck as reminder to be alawys focused and he doesnt see those mobs coming? Blizzard just doesnt follow their own lore thats is huge fail. I get it can appeal to 8y old audience what doesnt know anything about wow lore but cutter game for this audiece is just wrong.

Deleted
    wtf are you smoking? Bolvar didnt die he became the new lk
    And Tirion being Iceblocked is a death?

No we wont - Varian dieded - hes as dead as it gets - he got literally DISENCHANTED. Same for Tirion who got burned to toast and then gets rezzed as a DK so no, both wont come back as a boss.
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2016-08-14 at 07:03 PM.