Thread: No Man's Sky

15+ Year Old Account
    So I found an ice planet that has Vortex Cubes in abundance in every. Single. Cave. The problem? I had an extremely hard time finding a trading post where I could sell them. Well I finally found a "crashed" trading post, and there are numerous nearby cave systems, and in about 20 minutes of gathering vortex cubes and running back to the galactic vendor, I've made about 6 million units. The even better part is that they seem to respawn.

Does anyone know if there's a way to add a person waypoint marker somewhere? I definitely want to mark this location, or even this planet.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Beta patch available via Steam. Release for all early next week.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-pc-patch.aspx

ive spent almost 2 hours on the game and i havent even left the first planet yet.

my first planet is kind of a red dessert and theres been a good chunk of lil pokemans running around.

one is a little squirrel with spines, i named this raticate

one are these packs of yellow tiger lookin things with warthog faces and i also found one lone one that scanned as a gender exotic that was the same species but three times the size and with extra spines/rockey things on its back i named it pikachu

one is a giant elephant goat ram giraffe thing i named it girafarig

one is a bunch of just straight up bats flying around that i cant seem to scan because theyre so high, any tips on how to scan flying things? or do i need to kill one to get it to fall since they never seem to come down low enough to scan

and one is a straight up jackalope rabbit with horns.

one is a armadillo i named ankylomon

map thingy says theres one more animal i havent found somewhere

only animals ive been able to feed are the pikachus. i wonder if you can only feed 1 animal per planet or if it just happens to be the ones i got.

ive already killed 50 sentinals. i fucking hate those tiny fockin robits.

named my first planet the kanto region
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

Does anyone know if there's a way to add a person waypoint marker somewhere? I definitely want to mark this location, or even this planet.
    The game does not offer personal custom markers/waypoints and maps. It's not that hard to add such feature to the game, but seems that devs completelly ignored such need, thinking that players will quickly jump between planets and not get accustomed to any of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quoting CohhCarnage:
    48 Slot Suit.
    14 hours in.
    All planets fully scanned.
    Haven't left first system...

Am I doing this right?
    it's honestly a very good idea to explore your first system up to 100% exploration, gather all the upgrades etc. It's much easier to explore next star systems. You can maximize your Suit slot number (48) in the first system

Sounds like they definitely need to add larger ships and maybe even allow like a hover-sled or something to carry more supplies back.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    The game does not offer personal custom markers/waypoints and maps. It's not that hard to add such feature to the game, but seems that devs completelly ignored such need, thinking that players will quickly jump between planets and not get accustomed to any of them.
    The devs want you to explore, once you have explored a planet your not really going to go back once you leave the system, extra features like this will most likely get added further down the line as they further improve on the game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The devs want you to explore, once you have explored a planet your not really going to go back once you leave the system, extra features like this will most likely get added further down the line as they further improve on the game.
    On one side I agree. On the other side - some planets/star systems are veeery nice and because we are humans, part of our nature is that we can easily get used to one place and feel like home and think of that planet/star system as our main base/main home.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Quoting CohhCarnage:

it's honestly a very good idea to explore your first system up to 100% exploration, gather all the upgrades etc. It's much easier to explore next star systems. You can maximize your Suit slot number (48) in the first system
    I had a really difficult time finding drop pods in my first system, the planets were pretty shite.

This planet I'm currently on is MASSIVE, probably the size of all the planets in my first system combined. Every cave system has TONS of vortex cubes in them, which as you know are worth around 22k. I've now found more than one galactic trade terminal, and every time I do find one, I raid the nearby caves for millions of units worth of vortex cubes. I'm also finding tons of drop pods. So yeah, this is the planet I'm going to be spending the next couple of days maxing out on. So far all the wrecked ships on it are once again shite.

The only one I found better than mine had 27 slots, and mine has 26, and with all that was required to repair it I said "fuck it".

"Spend a lot of time in your first system and max out everything" only works if the system is nice. My advice to anyone who's just starting out, if you're having a hard time finding resources, drop pods, or anything else that helps you advance, go on to your next system and explore some there and see if it's any better. I'm in my 4th system and finally found a planet abundant with all the stuff I need to max out my character in several ways.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

What bugs me about people complaining about this game. They say that every planet looks the same. The thing is, isn't it like majority of planets are pretty harsh?

Anyway... so far planets that I can remember.
    Starting planet - Toxic world with constant rain of poison. I used lots of its caverns to get away from the rain. Landscape was redish, but there were greenish pools of liquid. Animals didn't look anything exceptional.

Another planet, I admit, was pretty similar, but it was hot and no caverns.

Dead moon. Cold. No animals. "Plants" looked more like rock formations rather than plants, if they were even plants. I would guess this was intended? Very dark. If there was relevant day/night cycle, I didn't notice it.

Then a world that looked like C'thulhu lives there. Tentacle trees and animals. A ball shaped creature that had nomerous large eyes all over its body. Landscape was partially red, then somewhere green. I didn't stay there long. These creatures were agressive.

The one that I'm landed on currently. It is a cold moon, but it has lots of life. It is covered in trees and I mean lots of them. They cover most of the ground. They look like fir trees. Haven't explored more than that yet. I was driven there by space bandits.

This is just about half of the planets I have visited. There is lots of difference as far as I can see. Yet, people complain everything looks the same?

Anyway, I'm having still fun.

Don't want to leave this system....

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh..._in_the_files/ (spoilers obviously, not really all that spoiler-y though)

Well then, maybe the whole seeing other players thing is due to bugs/server issues :P

Also the thing with hiding the multiplayer icon with a sticker was actually a troll from 4chan iirc (photoshop).

Edit: Take it with a grain of salt of course. (Same goes for the inability to see other players)
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-08-14 at 08:26 PM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit a wall with modding...Textures are easy but getting into the numbers is hard

On one side I agree. On the other side - some planets/star systems are veeery nice and because we are humans, part of our nature is that we can easily get used to one place and feel like home and think of that planet/star system as our main base/main home.
    until they add something like building in game, of which i don't know if the devs would but i think it would be great for a player to be able to build a city and someone could discover it later down the road, also the ability to travel further distances would have to be included as it would take too long to return to your homebase.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

until they add something like building in game, of which i don't know if the devs would but i think it would be great for a player to be able to build a city and someone could discover it later down the road, also the ability to travel further distances would have to be included as it would take too long to return to your homebase.
    NMS would be better served with something like in Starbound where you have a base ship you can decorate. Put up pictures or trophies of creatures and sights you saw ect.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Gotta love them jetpack upgrades

Player bases are confirmed to be added in a future update.

Deleted
    Okay got the 10 star word milestone (Babelfish, 150 words), now time to follow the path of Atlas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so I'm glad I found that area where I was able to farm up 10m in about an hour off of nexus cubes. Now that I'm focusing on maxing out my inventory slots, each slot costing 10k more than the last one is really adding up. Maxing out your inventory is definitely something you need A LOT of money for.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=744335032

I think by far my best discovery yet. It looks pretty good in motion and everything considering its odd shape.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."