Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

how do you clean a loaded rifle in such a way that you die in your home without being a total idiot?

Putting aside the fact that pointing a loaded weapon at yourself even if you're not cleaning it is special.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit happens. Not really sure what there is to discuss - take more care over cleaning firearms?

Deleted
    Cleaning a loaded weapon? Shit like this is why a basic safety course should be mandatory for gun owners.

Holy crap. Cleaning a loaded firearm.. yikes. I've been handling firearms for nearly 20 years and I still treat every gun I touch as If it's loaded until I can confirm its not.

Deleted
    How exactly, is this very small, local and no offense, insignificant accident worthy of a thread? Hunting accidents happen all the damned time. What could we possibly discuss? Why is this at all relevant to this forum? Should I start reporting on local news in my area too, like anyone cares? It's so irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    how do you clean a loaded rifle in such a way that you die in your home without being a total idiot?

Putting aside the fact that pointing a loaded weapon at yourself even if you're not cleaning it is special.
    Yeah, I'm sure you are absolutely flawless. Never thought you did something, but really didn't. Never made a single mistake, nope. ONLY AN IDIOT DUZ DAT!~

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure you are absolutely flawless. Never thought you did something, but really didn't. Never made a single mistake, nope. ONLY AN IDIOT DUZ DAT!~
    Yeah, I don't point loaded weapons at my body. Nor do I run with a knife-blade right at my eye!

There's "making mistakes" and there's "L0L GUNS SO C00L LET'S NEGLECT BASIC SAFETY".

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Cleaning a loaded weapon? Shit like this is why a basic safety course should be mandatory for gun owners.
    Hunter safety courses are for minors iirc which would included gun safety.

The story doesn't really add up though. Guns don't discharge by themselves and it doesn't make any sense how a rifle would be cleaned in such a way to have the barrel pointed at ones self and pull the trigger "accidently"....

At any rate - if this is true then it needs to be reported on correctly. There are no accidental shootings/discharges. They're all negligent. Guns don't go bang unless you pull the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    How exactly, is this very small, local and no offense, insignificant accident worthy of a thread? Hunting accidents happen all the damned time. What could we possibly discuss? Why is this at all relevant to this forum? Should I start reporting on local news in my area too, like anyone cares? It's so irrelevant.
    I blame Tennisace and all their local news thread spamming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Hunter safety courses are for minors iirc which would included gun safety.

The story doesn't really add up though. Guns don't discharge by themselves and it doesn't make any sense how a rifle would be cleaned in such a way to have the barrel pointed at ones self and pull the trigger "accidently"....

At any rate - if this is true then it needs to be reported on correctly. There are no accidental shootings/discharges. They're all negligent. Guns don't go bang unless you pull the trigger.
    It could be a suicide and the police are sparing the feelings of the family, that was my original thought considering his age and what happened.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair, I made a mistake recently, I ordered Roast duck Chinese style, instead of Roast duck chow mein, from the Chinese, That's a mistake, Cleaning a loaded rifle, And pointing it at yourself, Isn't an oops moment, it's an idiotic moment, That said, Even if one is an idiot, It doesn't invalidate them from pointing out other idiots:P

Trying to equate an accident with a firearm with that of spilling milk is stretching it.

First and foremost, what he did was like pushing a red button that says "do not push". Then once pushed, another warning comes up "no seriously dont push it" and pushing it anyhow.

1. Cleaning a Loaded Firearm
    2. Pointing a Loaded Firearm at Yourself

Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-08-14 at 07:02 PM.

Either he should have been taught better or he was just plain ignoring the rules. I wouldn't know either way considering how idiotic some teens can be. Anyway he seems good canditate to win Darwin award.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the boons of life: Self-culling idiots.

Deleted
    Sounds like suicide and they are covering it up as an accident to avoid judgement from the community.
    Last edited by mmoc83d17b06e0; 2016-08-14 at 07:13 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Doesn't make sense to me. You have to take hunters safety to get a hunting license anymore (at least in my state) They would have told him this in that class.

- - - Updated - - -

When it comes to a mistake like this... Yes, you are a fucking moron. Always check your gun before cleaning.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That shouldn't even be considered something you have to be taught to know it's a bad idea. That's Darwin Award stupidity.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

It looks like he was hunting the deadliest game of all...man, himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Deeming this kid's life insignificant is pretty judgmental and kinda racist, #alllivesmatter right?

Threads pertaining to gun violence are fairly common on the forums. They come in all shapes and sizes, accidental shootings tend to be among the weirder ones.

I guess it needs to be said, this is not an accidental shooting, the correct term is negligent discharge. While it may seem like a color / colour type of argument, its not. I know this is not going to stop the use of the terms being used, but, whatever, I said it.