Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Which faction you, tryhard and pro players are going for in your opinion in Legion?

This is a general aswell as personal question, I've been playing Horde throughout MoP and refused to go Alliance to atleast find teammates in WoD, don't want to make the same mistake again.

I'm going to play Demon Hunter in Legion and I believe Blood Elf is a better choice PvP-wise due to reliable silence, whether Night Elfs have Shadowmeld which requires a good timing and latency to properly dodge skills, but I don't really want to return to Horde.

Now, because of faction-based rewards for each season it kinda doesn't matter, but, as always, most people will aim for min-maxing and so do I.
    I still think that Alliance racials are better in PvP, Humans arguably will be even stronger and as far as I know Demon Hunter favors melee cleaves and Humans or Gnomes are far better choice for other melee classes compared to Horde variants.

Almost unrelated, but I've been watching streamers lately and most of them play on Horde side on beta right now, of course on beta it doesn't matter, that's simply an aesthetical choice, but still.

15+ Year Old Account
    if you watch the top players stream, 99% of them are going horde in legion

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    if you watch the top players stream, 99% of them are going horde in legion
    And the reason for it? What do they say?

15+ Year Old Account
    didnt ask. most of the top pvp'ers started horde and only went ally bc the human racial was so op. Now everyone is going back

Because the new cut off is faction based. So since horde side PVP was dead, everyone is going horde for easier titles.... too bad its what everyone does, meaning Alliance will get the easy cut off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Because the new cut off is faction based. So since horde side PVP was dead, everyone is going horde for easier titles.... too bad its what everyone does, meaning Alliance will get the easy cut off lol.
    And that's probably how balance is done.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    didnt ask. most of the top pvp'ers started horde and only went ally bc the human racial was so op. Now everyone is going back
    Orc racial is the new racial for PvP. Passive stun reduction one.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    Orc racial is the new racial for PvP. Passive stun reduction one.
    For anything that can't be blood elf, and if there's a huge imbalance, they will nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    For anything that can't be blood elf, and if there's a huge imbalance, they will nerf it.
    Like they did with Human racial after 3 whole expansions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisha View Post
    Like they did with Human racial after 3 whole expansions?
    They nerfed orc and then changed it back, but yes, if everyone plays horde and it's a problem, they will nerf the racials, because it's easier to balance than EMFH was.
    They buffed Horde racials and buffed trinkets for everyone to make the EMFH gap closer.
    Last edited by Sin Cara; 2016-08-15 at 02:08 AM.

Now that human racial has been nerfed and orc buffed horde racial are on average better. Most of the horde racials are great whilst the only good ones on alliance are nelf and human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Orc is the new master race.

Well, whatever happens I have a belf warlock, human warlock, human rogue and undead rogue Not that I'm aiming for r1 or anything, but I feel I have options now. Sort of tired of my belf warlock however, maybe it needs a race change. But the horde races all look like shit. Ah, the dilemma
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    SMOrc Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Orc is the new master race.

I'm also starting to suspect that the pendulum will swing in favor of the horde again this expansion. It's hard to say for sure, but once the move begins everyone and their mother will follow. Plus over the years horde has been the dominant pvp faction, with alliance only briefly dominating. A lot of people are probably happy to go back to horde. If you look at BG statistics it seems EU is a bit ahead of US in this regard. It might take the US a bit longer to feel the change.

CDew said he's going horde. I noticed Venruki was playing orc in his WW guide (and he specifically mentioned the stun resist in the video). Vanguards said he's just going to go to whichever side has healers for him . I think it's a bit early, but faction balance should be a little more even this time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm staying Horde. Went Alliance last expansion because all my friends stopped playing and my server was dead. Big mistake. Glad to be back on Horde at the end of WoD. However, not so excited for the surplus of players coming here next expac, as it seems to be playing out.
    Orc Warrior/Undead Priest/Undead Ruuge/???

Not linking my armory because i like to be anonymuuse, although if you need me you can normally find me here. Krieger !W79kXUqA/6

Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
    I'm staying Horde. Went Alliance last expansion because all my friends stopped playing and my server was dead. Big mistake. Glad to be back on Horde at the end of WoD. However, not so excited for the surplus of players coming here next expac, as it seems to be playing out.
    How can you say that when people are doing the exact same thing you're doing? I mean you didn't follow the crowds, but a lot of people are Horde that are simply returning home.

Horde will be new PvP faction in my opinion, as many pointed above Orc racial is just too good combined with right talent in 1st PvP row (the cc reduction), the duration of all stuns are greatly reduced, for most classes this adds a great amount to their survival aka WW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Cara View Post
    How can you say that when people are doing the exact same thing you're doing? I mean you didn't follow the crowds, but a lot of people are Horde that are simply returning home.
    I switched back to Horde for HFC, not Legion. I also didn't switch factions initially for a frivolous advantage in PvP.
    Orc Warrior/Undead Priest/Undead Ruuge/???

Not linking my armory because i like to be anonymuuse, although if you need me you can normally find me here. Krieger !W79kXUqA/6