Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Yeah, I don't point loaded weapons at my body. Nor do I run with a knife-blade right at my eye!

There's "making mistakes" and there's "L0L GUNS SO C00L LET'S NEGLECT BASIC SAFETY".
    Ever been driving a car and looked for something that fell in your seat? Or perhaps looked away from the road to change what was playing on the radio? Oh, of course not, because only an idiot would do something negligent and against whatever safety lessons would teach you to do, right? I'm sure you've never done ANYTHING in your life that, had it gone south, would have been construed as just a stupid fucking thing to do, right?

But, I guess it's so much easier to sit here an judge after the fact and call him an idiot because he made a simple fucking mistake that happened to turn out real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Ever been driving a car and looked for something that fell in your seat? Or perhaps looked away from the road to change what was playing on the radio? Oh, of course not, because only an idiot would do something negligent and against whatever safety lessons would teach you to do, right? I'm sure you've never done ANYTHING in your life that, had it gone south, would have been construed as just a stupid fucking thing to do, right?

But, I guess it's so much easier to sit here an judge after the fact and call him an idiot because he made a simple fucking mistake that happened to turn out real bad.
    Your analogy is bad.

A better analogy would be, "Have you ever been driving and decided you needed to change your wardrobe and blow dry your hair while driving?"

Also "simple fucking mistake" is about the worst description you can give to something of this nature.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

These actions are not comparable. It would be more like just letting go of the steering wheel while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    Holy crap. Cleaning a loaded firearm.. yikes.
    I have seen it happen - and at least one round when off (can't remember if more than one round, and whether it was on fully automatic - it was a long time ago).

No-one was hurt that time - since it wasn't pointed at someone.

Your analogies are dumb as fuck, as has been pointed out.

I can safely say i've never been in an uncontrollable spin and rather than try to deal with it I looked at the radio and changed the station though. Given that that's far more comparable to the whole "in a life and death situation" thing that pointing a loaded gun at yourself is.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And of course we have the conspiracy theorists out, "It's a suicide covered up" No, It's some twat cleaning a gun wrong lol, They don't cover things like that up so "spare feelings"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Deeming this kid's life insignificant is pretty judgmental and kinda racist, #alllivesmatter right?

Threads pertaining to gun violence are fairly common on the forums. They come in all shapes and sizes, accidental shootings tend to be among the weirder ones.
    The point of a joke is for it to be funny.
    This isn't threadworthy. At all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhhhh.....who cleans a loaded gun?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Yeah, let your underage kids play with guns in the house unsupervised. Genius!
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Uhhhhhh.....who cleans a loaded gun?
    Apparently it's like forgetting to take out the trash, it just happens

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    How exactly, is this very small, local and no offense, insignificant accident worthy of a thread? Hunting accidents happen all the damned time. What could we possibly discuss? Why is this at all relevant to this forum? Should I start reporting on local news in my area too, like anyone cares? It's so irrelevant.
    It doesn't even matter that he was a hunter, other than making the fact that he was cleaning a loaded weapon all the more sad...because that is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Apparently it's like forgetting to take out the trash, it just happens
    Except trash doesn't kill you when handled improperly...

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post

Except trash doesn't kill you when handled improperly...
    Oh I'm aware of the distinction. Just borrowing an argument from people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    It doesn't even matter that he was a hunter, other than making the fact that he was cleaning a loaded weapon all the more sad...because that is retarded.
    The average "hunter" from what I've seen is pretty retarded. Then again, what else do you expect from people that enjoy and get thrills out of killing other living things?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    The average "hunter" from what I've seen is pretty retarded. Then again, what else do you expect from people that enjoy and get thrills out of killing other living things?
    If we didn't hunt certain populations would run rampant. Deer in particular if left on unchecked can throw everything out of balance.

Actually, I'm a licensed hunter, until it runs out soonish. I just liked being out in the woods, enjoying the nature. And game meat tastes so nice. So it's not really all about murdering animals... We also have max quotas of what we can shoot at and when, we keep count of how many shots were fired and how much game was killed so we get the guncrazy lunatics booted out if there are any around...and just to not have wounded animals running around in the wild and suffering slow, painful deaths.

Responsibility. And really well-tasting meat. Nom.

Granted, I don't live in the US...I just stereotype most people from there with below average intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I guess it needs to be said, this is not an accidental shooting, the correct term is negligent discharge. While it may seem like a color / colour type of argument, its not. I know this is not going to stop the use of the terms being used, but, whatever, I said it.
    Has already been said a few posts up.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, let your underage kids play with guns in the house unsupervised. Genius!
    Underage? He was 17.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I know nothing about guns but I assume you aren't supposed to clean them when they are loaded.

When I was in the army our armory had a bucket of sand, before you turned your pistol in you were supposed to aim in the bucket and pull the trigger, probably saved many a life over the years.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I have seen it happen - and at least one round when off (can't remember if more than one round, and whether it was on fully automatic - it was a long time ago).

No-one was hurt that time - since it wasn't pointed at someone.
    It still blows my mind. I've been around all types of guns including some pretty heavy automatic weapons when I was in the Marines. Cleaning a gun while it was loaded or even if you hadn't checked if it's loaded gives me anxiety just thinking about it.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Hunting accidents are actually pretty low. But don't let me stop you from showing your ignorance.