Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Frankly, the only truly positive changes for hunters since Wrath has been the move to focus, and the increased pet stable system. Everything else, including the loss of ammo and basically eliminated pet management, have made the class worse to play. So many elements of the class that could have been made more interesting (EotB for example) were simply eliminated because reasons.

I won't comment much on SV moving to a melee-only spec. While I think it was unneeded, there were also plenty of folks who apparently did want to see it happen. And for a class that Blizzard has historically said doesn't feel like it should be using magic, MM seems to have no problem defying the laws of physics with silly shit like Sidewinders.

What a mess, anyone that's stuck with this class has my sympathies.

I think they messed up with SV and BM, Surv right now feels more like BM, I mean, the most famous beast master is Rexxar and he uses 2 axes attacking at melee or throwing them and at the same time his pets help him.

They should make BM the melee spec based on Rexxar, and the Survival spec should be ranged with traps and mechanical elements, like a tinker, now that you can tame mechanical pets.

This way you have all the hunter fantasies:

MM ---- Dark Ranger and Farstrider/no pet
    BM ---- Rexxar melee
    SV ---- Tinker

And on top of that they just gave BM a gun as an artifact...I mean...Beast Masters are supposed to be really nature oriented and you give them a titanic gun...

Oh really, "failed"? Well if you say so.

Not gonna read through your long-ass whine post. If you had a real, intelligent point, you'd be able to condense it into a concise and organized post. Whiners and windbags are verbose and meandering.

And now I'm going back to having a blast with my Survival hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    why post in a thread and not even say how you feel about the option?
    Because I feel the same way about all opinions.

Opinions are like assholes... We all have one, and they stink.

I don't agree that your vision of how the specs should change is what needs to happen. The whole idea with SPIRIT beasts is downright silly.

bla bla bla you don't like it doesn't mean it failed i'm loving all 3 specs if you ask me this is the best hunters have ever been.
    agree, fantasy wise all 3 specs seem closer to the original intent and playing all 3 specs just reminds me of vanilla and BC

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    I think they messed up with SV and BM, Surv right now feels more like BM, I mean, the most famous beast master is Rexxar and he uses 2 axes attacking at melee or throwing them and at the same time his pets help him.

They should make BM the melee spec based on Rexxar, and the Survival spec should be ranged with traps and mechanical elements, like a tinker, now that you can tame mechanical pets.

BM ---- Rexxar melee
    SV ---- Tinker

And on top of that they just gave BM a gun as an artifact...I mean...Beast Masters are supposed to be really nature oriented and you give them a titanic gun...
    well to be fair about the gun bit your pet/companion animal has to be trained a lot better if you are hunting with a gun than with a bow so a Beast Master using a gun seems more fitting the idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post

BM ---- Rexxar melee
    SV ---- Tinker

If any spec HAD to be made Melee for a class that's been ranged since the dawn of time in a game already saturated with melee, I'd rather it be Survival than BM.

Why? Because I actually enjoy the class fantasy of taming exotic beasts AND being ranged. I do wish they'd kept SV where it was at in SoO though.

However, I think they're on the right track. They need to fine tune and make changes, but each spec feels different from the next.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-14 at 08:14 PM.

Blizz's vision for the Hunter class fantasy has succeeded.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

How about you wait after legion release and we reach level 110?
    Since, you know, current version is not meant for WoD but for Legiona and we dont have Legion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Since, you know, current version is not meant for WoD but for Legiona and we dont have Legion yet.
    BM doesn't change, you just gain another Pet that just mimics your first one and a 1min CD to line up with the rest. BM just gains numbers not depth.

"the dark ranger idea isn't bad but current mm is better if you ask me and i think it fits as a sniper fine, bm is about beast not spirit your ideas don't fit the theme at all, your survival ideas are just kinda dumb like drinking in their blood? were hunters not vampires sv is fine as it is with you fighting with your beast and having a ton of tools like traps and bombs and stuff." - pigpiethegod

Are you kidding me? Spamming Barrage and Marked Shot on a million targets is a "Sniper"? It seems to me you just jumped on this new Hunter wagon. Thanks for your opinions but most of what you say is invalid. Please let the people who played Hunter for years to talk about it. If you think a sniper is about shooting a shit ton of targets at once, you have it all wrong. Every single aspect of the old Hunters (Before 7.0) was better than how it is now. I don't care if you disagree but many more people will agree than disagree.
    Last edited by Bloodpetal; 2016-08-14 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Added quote of who I was talking to for clarification

Survival should be about drinking your enemies blood and feeding them to your pet?? Wtf did I just read?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Oh really, "failed"? Well if you say so.

Not gonna read through your long-ass whine post. If you had a real, intelligent point, you'd be able to condense it into a concise and organized post. Whiners and windbags are verbose and meandering.

And now I'm going back to having a blast with my Survival hunter.
    I made it about as concise as it could be. Seems like the only one with a lack of intelligence is the one who finds reading 1000 words difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Survival should be about drinking your enemies blood and feeding them to your pet?? Wtf did I just read?
    Like a mother bird regurgitating food for her chicks. Mmmmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Frankly, the only truly positive changes for hunters since Wrath has been the move to focus, and the increased pet stable system. Everything else, including the loss of ammo and basically eliminated pet management, have made the class worse to play. So many elements of the class that could have been made more interesting (EotB for example) were simply eliminated because reasons.

I won't comment much on SV moving to a melee-only spec. While I think it was unneeded, there were also plenty of folks who apparently did want to see it happen. And for a class that Blizzard has historically said doesn't feel like it should be using magic, MM seems to have no problem defying the laws of physics with silly shit like Sidewinders.

What a mess, anyone that's stuck with this class has my sympathies.
    While I don't think Blizzard has done the best job with hunters, I've still found them enjoyable to play throughout the past 3 expansions.

Also, I don't see how the removal of ammo could possibly be a negative change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    I've seen all the artifacts. The only spec that gains significant gameplay changes from their artifact is SV. MM gets Windburst which should assist with some of the rotational gaps MM has, but I already said I don't have a big problem with MM.

BM's is basically entirely passive except for a 1 minute CD that you use after you've cast Dire Beast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Like a mother bird regurgitating food for her chicks. Mmmmm.
    While a hilarious visual, that's not quite what I described.

I do play a troll though, but I can see how such a spec would feel out of place for most of the alliance races and some of the horde races.

bla bla bla you don't like it doesn't mean it failed i'm loving all 3 specs if you ask me this is the best hunters have ever been.
    How?

BM is literally just pop everything on coodown and cobra shot to avoid focus capping. That is the ENTIRE SPEC.

MM is a bit better, but with sidewinders being optimal we are stuck with our rotation being composed of one huge cost long cast time aimed shot, a 12 second cooldown sidewinders and a proc reliant marked shot. There is way too much downtime.

SV is okay.

However, my core problem is that they basically did nothing to the classes except remove things. SV is the exception, but even there its mostly just a recycled warrior spec with a pet, traps and huntery sounding names on abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    However, I think they're on the right track. They need to fine tune and make changes, but each spec feels different from the next.
    They should have opted to do so by adding new abilities, rather than just taking old ones away. SV was already made the melee hunter spec, why did they also have to take away traps from MM and BM?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

The only issue I have with BM is the absolutely HORRIBLE animations for Kill Command and Dire Beast. Why do we need to sheath our gun? The bullets just fly out of our face for the next auto. Would it really have taken the team that long to add an animation that doesn't require us to sheath our gun?

So, somehow you are right and the op is wrong, because you supposedly love all 3 specs? Just because you like it doesn't mean it succeeded. Blah blah blah'ing someone isn't an argument or counterpoint, it's just someone feeling the need to say something but not having something to actually say.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    How?

BM is literally just pop everything on coodown and cobra shot to avoid focus capping. That is the ENTIRE SPEC.

MM is a bit better, but with sidewinders being optimal we are stuck with our rotation being composed of one huge cost long cast time aimed shot, a 12 second cooldown sidewinders and a proc reliant marked shot. There is way too much downtime.

SV is okay.

However, my core problem is that they basically did nothing to the classes except remove things. SV is the exception, but even there its mostly just a recycled warrior spec with a pet, traps and huntery sounding names on abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

They should have opted to do so by adding new abilities, rather than just taking old ones away. SV was already made the melee hunter spec, why did they also have to take away traps from MM and BM?
    i like bm i like the theme and i don't mind the pressing every thing on cooldown, im not raiding so i don't care whats optimal i put fun over numbers so i don't use side winders as i don't like side winders and sv just being warrior with pet traps and huntery ability's is a big different to just being a warrior atlest to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    So, somehow you are right and the op is wrong, because you supposedly love all 3 specs? Just because you like it doesn't mean it succeeded. Blah blah blah'ing someone isn't an argument or counterpoint, it's just someone feeling the need to say something but not having something to actually say.
    at no point did i say i was right and he was wrong i said I find it fun and I don't find it a failure of class fantasy and if you scrolled down at all you would see my counter arguments but that's to hard i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont like it?
    Dont play a Hunter
    Problem Solved
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG