Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    SAME. And it still happens and only since I returned a month ago.

I know it was not because of any addons as this was happening before I reinstalled any.

It came down to when adjusting the music setting, all the settings would default to ultra.

They promised to fix it in a future patch, but they didn't. It happens on both Windows and Mac machines with totally different graphics cards manufacturers (Nvidia, ATI, Intel). It happens everytime I press Apply or Okay more than 2-3 times even if I don't change any settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    my pc is to old for GeForce optimization
    "Sorry, GeForce Experience cannot optimize games on this PC. "
    oddly the WTF folder keeps changing back to read only, even though i changed it, then ran wow as administrator
    (world of warcraft launcher.exe opened up bnet client, but wow.exe opened WoW to login screen, that no one sees anymore)
    wow is saved to D:\games\world of warcraft

sometimes changing zones, sometimes phasing in same zone / fight, sometimes adjusting other settings(volume, view distance, etc), all happening in game not between sessions, even after changing interface and wtf folders to _interface, and _wtf, this happens, though seems to take a bit longer, but no addons at all...ugh

from min gfx(with trilinear, instead of bilinear, projected textures-on, and particle density-fair)
    up to ultra, i go from having 30 fps max set, and getting 20-30 depending on what i'm doing, down to 1fps, a fraction of 1, since it takes like 4-5 seconds for ctrl + r to show current fps, then after 20-30 seconds it will go up to 2-3 fps. opening settings from start where i hit escape to where fps raises slightly, takes about 30 seconds itself, oddly once settings window is open it raises a bit more

closing game and opening it later when i play again will have gfx settings saved from previous, but it will still randomly(it seems) change back to ultra

i know blizz doesn't want to spend an effort / time=money, on this unless its effecting more players, so it's an issue they've temporarily fixed a few times, but same solutions that don't work until a hotfix comes out, as suggested the last few times this has happened, is annoying as #$%^.
    they should admit to their own mistakes

(yes i know my mistake is not having a better GFX card lol...) like an idiot i got an ipad air and a vita with some money i came into a while back instead of a new pc
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    They promised to fix it in a future patch, but they didn't. It happens on both Windows and Mac machines with totally different graphics cards manufacturers (Nvidia, ATI, Intel). It happens everytime I press Apply or Okay more than 2-3 times even if I don't change any settings.
    "a future patch" if those were the words does not equal a failed promise, as that simply means some later patch.
    And that is assuming that the issue for all those players affected has the same cause, a single cause that is down to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    "a future patch" if those were the words does not equal a failed promise, as that simply means some later patch.
    And that is assuming that the issue for all those players affected has the same cause, a single cause that is down to the game.
    Damn, where did you guys even find this thread?

7+ Year Old Account
    The bug is not about drivers or your OS. I think it is because their lua code about system setting UI is wrong. They may probably write code like this:

Code:
    if graphics_quality == 1 then
    elseif graphics_quality == 2 then

else
        Set your graphics quality to ultra
    end
    The correct code should be:

Code:
    if graphics_quality == 1 then
    elseif graphics_quality == 2 then

elseif graphics_quality == 10 then
        Set your graphics quality to ultra
    end

If people still need a fix for this issue, my addon could solve this issue by replacing the ui of system setting.

ControlPanel