Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanmaru View Post
    I seriously hope you are joking
    healing is crazy before patch 7 ? i used to solo almost all of the mythic dungeons. now it is much and much harder
    i used to survive on boss fights for 30+ seconds without a healer now you only have on source to restore your health and sometimes you need more than 2 or 3 globals to cast a DS not to mention less Cd's over all
    any person who knows how to play blood pre-7 will verify this mate
    You know this is just the pre-patch right? Everything is tuned for lvl 110, not lvl 100...

7+ Year Old Account
    I stand by my opinion that Blood was at its height during MoP, but after getting used to it I like the new Blood, minus the fact that Death Pact is gone. I miss it.

welcome to Legion, OP

what makes me smile: you rant about blood dk so i am happy for you, that you are not a hunter, paladin, rogue, mage or monk player thats really good for you. i dont think you would be happy then...

Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    I stand by my opinion that Blood was at its height during MoP, but after getting used to it I like the new Blood, minus the fact that Death Pact is gone. I miss it.
    a LOT of classes were at their height mid/end MoP (playstlye-wise not actual-dps-wise). i.e. surv hunter, dps shamans, shadows, locks, blood dk, monks etc.

...and then came WoD.... lol

blood dk is easily one of the top tanks right now. wod blood dk had a lot of repeat buttons and they just simplified them or took out some unnecessary spells. this is also prepatch so you dont have your full rotation. this happens every prepatch. how are people still not getting this...

The Specs changed in gameplay but for me the specs are still the same.

Main Frost Second Blood and Unholy Boring.

The old Blood had more healing but the current one is still good.

healing is crazy before patch 7 ? i used to solo almost all of the mythic dungeons. now it is much and much harder
    i used to survive on boss fights for 30+ seconds without a healer now you only have on source to restore your health and sometimes you need more than 2 or 3 globals to cast a DS not to mention less Cd's over all
    Can confirm that blood had a much easier time sustaining its self before the patch

bloods are hella fun to play, and now in pvp with gorfriends grasp you can combo it really well with all those DH on your team so they can eye beam people down really easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood tank is best tank.

Sounds like you're just shit at your class, OP.

Destroying meters with cleave and healing on par with actual healers is nothing to joke about.

- - - Updated - - -

Implying DK is the only tank to be like this. All tanks got the nerf bat, git gud.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

I feel ya brother the changes made finally pushed me to switch to fire mage, at least that spec at least has SOME level of skill/min maxing.
    I always enjoyed MoP tanking, felt really good when YOU the tank were the one to keep your own ass alive with spot heals as needed.
    But i guess now were regressing back to vanilla where all sense of self healing is back on the healers shoulders.
    Only now theres no threat gameplay at all, no form of big dmg reduction CD, and our rotation is a poor mans combo point system.
    So thanks blizzard for ruining what I enjoyed about tanking
    Last edited by TheGreatestWaffle; 2016-08-15 at 02:34 AM.

Rune spam is kind of annoying right now, I'll give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Bear in mind that this is coming from someone who has last played in MoP so maybe some of these changes happened earlier.

So, I logged in couple of days ago for the first time in quite a while. Decided to level my 90 DK to 100, 94 currently, playing as Blood which is the spec I've played almost exclusively since WotLK.

My reaction after these last few days is WTF Blizzard?

No more presences, no choice to quickly switch between tankiness and movement speed, always drawing tons of aggro.
    All runes fucking same and worst of all, not much to spend them on, rotation is a fucking joke.

No active healing of any kind. Blood tap gone, Death Strike requires tons of RP for every single use.
    So many fucking abilities removed, I guess Blizzard doesn't like us using CDs reactively.

Seriously, fuck this shit, this isn't the class I loved playing many years ago.
    Active mitigation happened a long time ago, death strike is how you manage your HP now, build up RP, then after taking a big hit use DS.

Now that DS isnt tied to runes you dont need to use it immediately but can rather use it reactively.

We still have CDs. Bone shield has been baked into the new marrowrend, still have vampiric blood and dancing rune weapon, cant remember if we still have icebound fort.

I like it.

A bunch of the genuine shit abilities have been culled, the coloured rune system was clunky as fuck, if you made a mistake once during your rotation you spent the rest of the boss fight looking at a mangled rune bar. felt like crap, new system is much better imo.

Presences were a waste of a keybind imo, very little pay off. if your worried about the mobility, we atleast now have wraith walk.

Might be worth actually looking at the lost abilities, most of them were shit, icy touch? plaguestrike? rune strike? only one i can think of that had some use was death coil, but i much prefer death strike on runic power than when it was on runes, so i just really dont care for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think Blood is in a bad place, you should play Protection Paladin.

Protection Paladin got raped in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    alot of the self healing was transfered to the Artifact's abiltiy http://www.wowhead.com/spell=205223/consumption
    Strikes all enemies in front of you with a hungering attack that deals 250% Physical damage and heals you for 100% of that damage.
    thats alot of healing to come back
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Bear in mind that this is coming from someone who has last played in MoP so maybe some of these changes happened earlier.

So, I logged in couple of days ago for the first time in quite a while. Decided to level my 90 DK to 100, 94 currently, playing as Blood which is the spec I've played almost exclusively since WotLK.

No more presences, no choice to quickly switch between tankiness and movement speed, always drawing tons of aggro.
    All runes fucking same and worst of all, not much to spend them on, rotation is a fucking joke.

No active healing of any kind. Blood tap gone, Death Strike requires tons of RP for every single use.
    So many fucking abilities removed, I guess Blizzard doesn't like us using CDs reactively.

If you don't enjoy playing it then... I don't know, don't play it?

Also, we lack an artifact which adds a lot of healing to our kit.

No more presences, no choice to quickly switch between tankiness and movement speed
    This effectively happened in WoD. Swapping presences were greatly considered a no-no.

always drawing tons of aggro.
    You're a tank.

All runes fucking same
    Frost DK runes were effecitvely the same in MoP and WoD with the passive that turns a used rune into a Death Rune and oh wait Blood had that too. Basically all your runes were already the same.

and worst of all, not much to spend them on, rotation is a fucking joke.
    I can kind of agree, but most classes were pruned to hell and back. Abilities pruned or lumped into other abilities in WoD and again in Legion.

No active healing of any kind. Blood tap gone
    Blood Tap was changed into a 20% damage reduction with a 20s(?) cooldown and 2 charges, lasting 3 sec... in WoD. I DO miss the heal, though.

Death Strike requires tons of RP for every single use.
    I hear an artifact weapon ability will reduce RP needed for Death Strike or something like that. Others are going on about how they're overflowing with RP. I don't see it, it takes me 1-3 GCDs to get the RP usually.

So many fucking abilities removed
    See: WoD and Legion prunes.

I guess Blizzard doesn't like us using CDs reactively.
    IDK. I miss IBF, though.

Prot Warrior and Guardian druid play well as far as tanking goes. Give 'em a shot. Bear even has on demand healing, sort of. My issue with Blood current is it feels directionless. I just spam marrowstrike and heartstrike randomly with some blood boils and Death Strikes. Like. Damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood DK is fine lol, we don't really have resource issues if we are going for haste. We can still heal for a lot if you are holding onto 80RP like you should be doing. The only thing that sucks is the loss of meaningful single target burst DPS and the lack of an on demand strong cooldown

Idk about anyone else but I was playing with 6 Death Runes all the time on ST bosses anyway and when I wasn't it was because I wanted to spam BB. Now BB doesn't even hurt our mitigation so you can pad like a motherfucker without risking death. DS on RP was hard to get used to but is much better than it being tied to runes because it's much easier to hold onto the RP without random MS procs giving you 30rp and once again, it doesn't hurt your survivability to maximize DPS as Blood.

idk literally all these changes just seem to be letting us maximize DPS without the expensive of our survivability. Most of the issues people find/are posting them blowing the empty bars of out proportion, highly anecdotal/subjective, not understanding the tank/healing changes in Legion or people needing to get better at the spec.
    Last edited by Saybel; 2016-08-15 at 03:10 AM.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    I like this iteration better than WoD, wich is not something you will hear me saying often about Legion class design. If it helps, you will get an amazing super death strike with the artifact weapon. Alot more goodies in the talent tree as a huge shield after vampiric embrace. As for rune tap, its still there on the talent tree.
    In WoD we had no single target strikes outside death strike. Now we finally got heart strike back and i'm so happy to have it back. Marrowrend is your mitigation spell that also does damage and blood boil is still awesome while costing no runes.

Yeah it sucks that DS is costly, but you can reduce its cost by staying in your DnD.

The only problem i feel is with pulls. It's the time we are most vulnerable in and we don't have the best tools to do it. This is because we actually need to be in melee range to get our bone shields up with marrowrend. It's the only issue i have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    welcome to Legion, OP

what makes me smile: you rant about blood dk so i am happy for you, that you are not a hunter, paladin, rogue, mage or monk player thats really good for you. i dont think you would be happy then...
    Mage? Really?!
    What? Not OP enough? Not enough raid spots? Mages are fine. 2 of the specs are awesome. It's only frost that gets the short end.

I always felt the 4 different rune system was stupid af. Everyone else has a uniform resource spender, those runes were just too clunky. You can still give meaningful choices with a uniform resource to spend them on.

Deleted
    Vengeance DH feels somewhat similar to old Blood, even if the resource bars are completely different a lot of the feel remains the same. Very simplistic rotation with relatively frequent meaningful choices.

The new blood is an abberation that I'd burn off the face of the planet if I could but some people apparently like it. Not like Blood was much better in WoD with perma blood death runes which was an abberation as well. You're free to reroll if you think Blood is that bad, complaining won't do shit.
    Last edited by mmocf2aa074f10; 2016-08-15 at 06:03 AM.