Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Baine gets a story in Highmountain, which is a lot more than Malf gets.
    Nah, Malfurion storyline continues in a raid. You know, the final boss Xavius has quite a history with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Nah, Malfurion storyline continues in a raid. You know, the final boss Xavius has quite a history with him.
    He just stays back to cleanse Cenarius, I don't think he goes further because he doesn't want to get corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by kennytheone View Post
    Lorewise in legion which of the stories has more interesting story?
    The legion has the more interesting story.. but of the two factions, it's horde ofc.. I read that Sylvannas is doing really interesting mission, and Genn's just following her footsteps trying to catch her. She's in the driving seat for the story.

but that shouldn't surprise you though, the horde's always been more colourful and blizzard admit they like writing for /about it more. Nothing's changed here. Alliance don't really get interesting stuff, especially outside humans. The closest you get is seeing alliance aligned races in neutral capacities.

but I think most people seem to view Warcraft through the horde and alliance. which is why every time they see a person of a race that belongs to one of the factions, even in a neutral capacity they think its faction favouritism, it isn't if the person is in a neutral capacity, everyone of a race who has his members as part of either faction should not be viewed exclusively in that capacity - unless they are actively part of that faction. When you see Tirion, Khadgar, Illidan and for a while even Malfurion and Thrall, especially Malfurion as he didn't form the alliance, we shouldn't be thinking alliance or horde character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    The title is wrong.

Its Alliance or Forsaken (Horde died with Garrosh so if you wanted to play Horde you need legecy servers)
    What Garrosh build wasn't even close to Thralls Horde. You should play legacy servers to see real honor, and not a warmongering Horde who is shoveling down toward its death in a stockpile of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance obviously. Our King died a awesome death. Vol'jin died on a throne.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    I really think that was some nice death for Vol'jin. We already had our share of epic anime death with Varian (which suited him). Vol'jin wasn't a flashy heroe. He was a Shadow Hunter, he needed a discreet, political dead. I personally think his death sequence was marvelous, empowering Sylvanas character along the way. That image of Sylvanas quite while Baine and Lor'themar transported Vol'jins corpse was really touching. Giving such deep feelings (when she hesitated to call retreat, when she was angered then surprised by Vol'jins words, when she managed to rally the Horde after the ceremony) to an undead, to a character many thought was "dead inside"... Man. Vol'jin death is really moving forward the Horde - and what i LOVE more - moving every Horde member close to each other. The Horde needed a bonding moment, and Vol'jin death was that.

Vol'jin was mortally wounded fighting demons to defend Azeroth.

Varian died because he was too stupid to order the Skyfire to shoot the fel reaver in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Vol'jin was mortally wounded fighting demons to defend Azeroth.

Varian died because he was too stupid to order the Skyfire to shoot the fel reaver in the face.
    I doubt it would have done anything, though he also wasn't the commander of the ship.

I doubt it would have done anything, though he also wasn't the commander of the ship.
    Why would a puny little sword damage a fel reaver, but a cannonball to the face wouldn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would a puny little sword damage a fel reaver, but a cannonball to the face wouldn't?
    Because the cannonballs aren't magic.

Deleted
    He's got a point.
    But also you are heavenly mistaken "he's not commander of the ship" well he's high King of the alliance, i think he can do whatever he wants with the ship xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    He's got a point.
    But also you are heavenly mistaken "he's not commander of the ship" well he's high King of the alliance, i think he can do whatever he wants with the ship xD
    I didn't say he couldn't, but he wasn't technically even on the ship, so the actual commander would just act like they normally would in that situation. Since the cannons weren't shown to be firing, I can only assume the commander didn't think it would do anything.

So? The cannon ball would have a tremendous amount of force advantage over the sword regardless of how magical it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? The cannon ball would have a tremendous amount of force advantage over the sword regardless of how magical it is.
    How would you know? Do you have a grimoire on giant ass fel reavers? No one on the ship thought it would help to fire the cannon, so why would you assume it would? Hell they could have even been damaged, or unable to be used (the ship was being grabbed after all). It's not like they'd be fired even if they could anyway because it would kind of defeat the purpose of what happened.

Alliance storytelling always was quite weak. But this time, IMHO, it'll be quite good, and, probably, better than Horde's story.

Unfortunately, Horde doesn't have many interesting lead characters, we have Sylvanas, but that's pretty much it. Thrall's in emo-mode, Baine's Goody Two-Shoes. Gallywix and Lor'themar don't really care about anything.

How would you know? Do you have a grimoire on giant ass fel reavers? No one on the ship thought it would help to fire the cannon, so why would you assume it would? Hell they could have even been damaged, or unable to be used (the ship was being grabbed after all). It's not like they'd be fired even if they could anyway because it would kind of defeat the purpose of what happened.
    The same reason Varian somehow new the vital part of the fel reavers mechanics were hidden behind tinfoil on its head.

For what I know, I think Horde's is more interesting. Sylvanas as Warchief and the search for more Val'kyr. Alliance-side there is Genn and Major Rogers hunting Forsaken for revenge. You may enjoy it if you hate the Forsaken and yearn for revenge for anything the Horde has done over the years, but we know this is the wrong course of action when the fate of Azeroth hangs in the balance. It won't lead to a Siege of Stormwind raid, but at some point Genn will have to admit this is a very shitty time to act on his personal vendetta and you're doing these quests aware of the fact. MoP was similar to Horde players, as we did anti-Alliance/Horde empowerment quests knowing it would all fall flat by the end of the expansion.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    Judging by Blizzard's track record and the released cutscenes, both factions are going to get hand-waved narrative development which shortcuts to interesting outcomes without bothering to properly unfold the plot on the way.

VARIAN: "I am die, now Anduin is lead."

VOL'JIN: "I too am die, Sylvanas you leader ok?"
    I think we can have a new saying.

Do X because spirits

Deleted
    Neither, the expansion focus on the class orders and the factions are secondary to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Princess Missfit View Post
    I really think that was some nice death for Vol'jin. We already had our share of epic anime death with Varian (which suited him). Vol'jin wasn't a flashy heroe. He was a Shadow Hunter, he needed a discreet, political dead. I personally think his death sequence was marvelous, empowering Sylvanas character along the way. That image of Sylvanas quite while Baine and Lor'themar transported Vol'jins corpse was really touching. Giving such deep feelings (when she hesitated to call retreat, when she was angered then surprised by Vol'jins words, when she managed to rally the Horde after the ceremony) to an undead, to a character many thought was "dead inside"... Man. Vol'jin death is really moving forward the Horde - and what i LOVE more - moving every Horde member close to each other. The Horde needed a bonding moment, and Vol'jin death was that.
    This is why I really hope they don't fuck up Sylvanas. Every story that involves her shows her as a complex character, and the cinematic shows her as complex with emotion and internal strife.
    I love Vol'jin but he was very flat in terms of character development. It's always "the spirits this, the spirits that". He wasn't very complex.