Poll: Would you run them?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    40 man raids are still a thing, we don't need to go back at all. Or maybe you skipped Tarlna, Drov, Rukmur and Kazz and the 40 man Fishing raids. Or the 40 mans that were doing Pit, before they put a end to it.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make about Brawler's guild.
    I would suggest you read what you posted earlier, regarding both 40-man raids and Brawlers Guild.

I don't make this stuff up.

PS- yes 40 man raids are still a thing but not with any sort of difficulty involved currently, as they are old raids. They were highly difficult at the time. HIGHLY.

Rather than solo dungeons that follow the current model, I'd like more solo scenarios akin to warlock green fire (before everyone massively outgeared it). Doesn't necessarily need to be class specific, but they should be a challenging form of self-progression with cosmetic rewards.

Solo Dungeon that is Medium/Hard in difficulty.

Dungeons/Scenarios diferente from the current dungeons.

Rewards one box that contains 1 of any Weapon/armor of Previous expansions.(Each piece have equal drop % but only 1 piece will drop)(It can drop removed itens but cant drop Legendaries)

Add Achievs that reward pets and a Mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Woadnson View Post
    Yes but I've yet to see a system/AI that works well enough and keeps a reasonable element of challenge/risk. Arena and Bgs are a definite no, that defeats the point of them.
    I'd prefer active NPCs to a lot of the players you get in random bgs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaithor View Post
    Rather than solo dungeons that follow the current model, I'd like more solo scenarios akin to warlock green fire (before everyone massively outgeared it). Doesn't necessarily need to be class specific, but they should be a challenging form of self-progression with cosmetic rewards.
    This is what I'd love to see. I think it's what blizzard is trying with the artifact quests as those are generally pretty challenging on beta right now but they aren't nearly as long as the green fire quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I'm all up for scalable dungeons that scale based on how many players are in the group. I'm not sure if i would want the loot to be scaled down or not though. Part of me is thinking "Eh there's personal loot anyway" and the other half is thinking "if you want the best gear, you should have to interact with other players, after all it is an MMO."

lol

let's take it one step further and have an NPC run the dungeon for us and bring back some gear after a couple hours, no traveling or community interaction required

thank you for the game-ruining idea OP!

No. I wouldn't want to play in a simulated group with 4 NPCs. If it's solo, then make it solo, so that it focuses on those aspects of the gameplay. You use some of your skills differently, survivability becomes a greater factor, you adapt a different mindset and strategies. An NPC can be brought in here and there in special situations and for flavor, but playing in a group of NPCs ... sounds weird and backwards.

Also, I wouldn't want to play the same stuff that's actually available as normal multiplayer content. It cheapens the idea of dungeons. The most interesting solo player thing I did in WoW was this crazy timed scenario in MoP. It wasn't a watered down version of something that already exists in the game and also not just some cheap ass walk in the park kind of thing.

What?? YES is winning this poll on THIS site? The bastion of "MMO = Raiding and everything else is less important"???
    It would surely be an avalanche if every WoW player could vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    I think the game you are looking for is Skyrim, or anyone of literally thousands of other single player RPGs

this is an MMO, Grouping up to take down content is *literally* what it is about.

I'm pretty sure this is just a troll thread at this point.
    Not anymore, and hasn't been for a while now.

Just because a thread is about something you disagree with doesn't make it a troll thread.

I would rather group up with others but many times if it's content I haven't seen before and others have they want to rush through it and skip the story parts. Now in games like FFXIV that's fine, most players will patiently wait. In WoW, not so much. It would be nice to have the option and it's not hurting anyone else if it was given.

I honestly have never understood why some players care or seem upset about how other players play the game or what rewards they get. As long as everyone is having fun why does it matter?

I think the game you are looking for is Skyrim, or anyone of literally thousands of other single player RPGs

this is an MMO, Grouping up to take down content is *literally* what it is about.

That's just stupid. Dungeons and Raids are only a fraction of what a MMO is supposed to be. I know a ton of people that enjoy multiplayer content such as arenas, battlegrounds, guilds, auction houses, questing in a group, socializing or just plain watching people roam around a city and don't like doing dungeons and raids with others.

This retarded argument of "MMO = Raiding, else go play Skyrim" has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    lol

let's take it one step further and have an NPC run the dungeon for us and bring back some gear after a couple hours, no traveling or community interaction required

thank you for the game-ruining idea OP!
    Cut the hyperbole dude. There's nothing game ruining about offering scaled content. If you think it is then please tell everyone why. Otherwise you're really not offering anything to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    I honestly have never understood why some players care or seem upset about how other players play the game or what rewards they get. As long as everyone is having fun why does it matter?
    I get the concern is mostly that they are worried that Blizzard is going to take stuff away that they like, in favor of "giving in to the casuals". I on the other hand, am part of the give everyone everything club. Give PvPers PvP stuff to do. Give solo artists solo stuff to do, give raiders raiding stuff to do. Give dungeon crawlers at least 15 dungeons every Xpac

We have fishing, Pet battles and other side items. There is plenty of game to go around. Though it may turn out that 70% of the people would rather run solo dungeons than groups. No one ever thinks that maybe it's because of the the toxic attitudes and trolling that happens in these groups. They just assume everyone wants something for free. which is sometimes the case, but I don't think the majority are like that

10+ Year Old Account
    > hopelessly addicted to wow
    > massive autist who can't interact with people
    > spent all my pocket money on chicken tendies so can't look at the countless other single player RPGs on the market
    > "blizzard should make this multiplayer game more single player"

How about no?

I am so very glad you are not game developers, because you would ruin so many companies.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Solo dungeons are already a thing.

Just head into a dungeon alone and solo it. Duh.
    ~RAWR!

I'd rather solo dungeons than use LFG for normal and heroic difficulty. So yes, I'd love that. Especially if there's an "NPC-group" like healing proving grounds.

The bolded is a word you shouldn't use since you don't know what it means.

MMO does not and has not ever ment "Must Group With Others" otherwise it would be called a MGWOORPG.

Ontopic: If it was like Rift,DCUO ect.. I would love to do them. Soloing old raids and dungeons is one of the most fun parts for me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The bolded is a word you shouldn't use since you don't know what it means.

MMO does not and has not ever ment "Must Group With Others" otherwise it would be called a MGWOORPG.
    There is some question about WoW's status in the nomenclature. Problem is:

MMO: Single player online game with multiplayer aspects / availability, with limited interaction.
    RPG: Single player offline game involving development of character(s), with no interaction.
    MMORPG: The combination of an RPG and MMO, with full interaction of all participants to achieve a common goal.

There are other hybrids, such as MMO Action Adventure, which is where I put WoW. I don't feel current WoW is any longer an MMORPG. It doesn't fit the criteria, any more than Diablo 3 is an MMORPG? It can be fun, it can be exhilarating at times, but it's not a very social game, something I feel MMORPG's need to be, to be classified as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they did not offer loot, and only offered story, yes.

If they offered enough loot to the same as or even slightly less then grouping,no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to hang out with my friends in real life, but some of my friends dont play PC games so i have no problem playing WOW without them in case if i meeting them in real life. So yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Yeah, it would be silly to expect a game as large as WoW to have aspects that appeal to various play styles. But apparently, MMO has been translated to mean *hard core, mythic raiding as the only means to consume content and attain gear*.
    Does it not have multitudes of solo content already? That's new.