Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    It's not about it not being "shiny enough" so much as people of a very low tier of difficulty had nothing to chase toward. Almost everyone did it once or twice, then stopped doing it. Or did it until they got their legendary. There was no real carrot on the stick for a certain group of players. LFR really, truly did become a tourist mode, and we hated it. Or at least I hated it. I hated it enough that I actually started to pug normal, but then I grew tired of that, TBH. Then I just quit for a while.

Do agree, though, that to help the addicts/perfectionist weirdos, they should gate LFR boss lockouts with other difficulties. (Though I bet people would still complain about that, too)
    While your explanation makes sense, it still doesn't explain why that keeps people raiding. You get better gear because it helps you down the boss. People get a sense of progression shown as the more gear they get the easier the bosses go down, then they move on to a harder version. However, that doesn't matter when the bosses you're killing are dying too fast anyway.

My point is still valid. People get this false sense of progression that has no meaning in the end, but they still want it. LFR is designed for people who do not want to progress to higher raid difficulties as time passes, for whatever reasons they might have. Is that not a tourist mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    While your explanation makes sense, it still doesn't explain why that keeps people raiding. You get better gear because it helps you down the boss. People get a sense of progression shown as the more gear they get the easier the bosses go down, then they move on to a harder version. However, that doesn't matter when the bosses you're killing are dying too fast anyway.

My point is still valid. People get this false sense of progression that has no meaning in the end, but they still want it. LFR is designed for people who do not want to progress to higher raid difficulties as time passes, for whatever reasons they might have. Is that not a tourist mode?
    I guess it's just a difference of opinion. I consider getting more powerful in and of itself progression (in fact, I consider it the single most important part of an RPG, along with story/motivation), I don't consider that "false", as being more powerful allows you to do anything faster/better.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Shit like this really astounds me. They have four fucking difficulties to cater to every single type of player, and even then that's not good enough. People in WoD complained their shitty LFR gear wasn't shiny enough and had no bonuses, even though they never raided higher difficulties. The whole thing makes no god damn sense. People who want to raid higher difficulties will do Normal either way.

Why do set bonuses matter if there is no use for them?
    Who says it's no use for them? A lot of classes were nigh unplayable in pve without hfc 4 piece and had to the entire expansion without basic things like csmash resets and instant aimed shots. Why the hell should someone be forced to join a raid group that requires 30 ilvl higher than it drops to get gear that will make their clas more fun or allow them to improve their character or help them do world quests and bosses or dungeons?

All they need to do is add loot lockouts so no one feels forced to do lfr along with their organized raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Considering in Legion, everything that isn't instanced scales with your iLvL, you won't be getting more powerful. It's a placebo. That murloc you killed in Azsuna at 100 that hit you for 10% of your health every time will still hit you for 10% of your health at 110 regardless if you're in 780 iLvL gear or 840 iLVL gear. Gear feels worthless in Legion. Only place it feels useful is PvE instanced content but how long before that scales with us, too?

If the looting in Legion is indeed a loot lockout system (if you did LFR, you can't get loot from normal), I'm happy. Forces people to think about what difficulty they really want loot from I haven't seen anything on the loot system in Legion beyond the personal loot changes.

Really hate the "forced to do LFR" argument, though. Since when is someone holding a gun to your head? Now that would be forced. WHY are you feeling forced? Because YOU feel you must get your 2-pc and 4-pc or because your FRIENDS/GUILD is telling you? If you're telling yourself you have to get it quick, you have issues and I suggest you see therapy. Do you go to the buffet and eat everything in sight because it's there? No. You eat what you want and leave. Hell, you don't even talk to the owner to remove dishes you hate just because you can see them. You just ignore them and go after what you want. LFR is no different from a buffet. Different things cater to different people. Just because something is offered that you dislike doesn't give you permission to bitch and moan to get it removed. It wasn't catered toward you. Now if your FRIENDS/GUILD are telling you to run LFR for set bonuses, you know what that is? Bullying. If you don't want to do it, then you need to drop them like a rock because if someone's forcing you to do something against your will, they're not your friends. If you keep telling yourself these people are your friends, you just experienced what battered women do in domestic violence situations. These women often tell themselves their partner really does love them and are beating them for their own good. These women often have issues getting out of the situation even though the situation is so obvious to people on the outside looking in. If you don't like being told to run content you don't want to do, then get off your lazy ass and either go find another guild that lets you run only the content you want or make your own.

I'm glad tier sets are back in Legion in LFR. I got my ring (the 670 one on most of my alts and my main has her healing ring at 795) and quit doing LFR. HFC LFR just sucks so I haven't finished the tomes on anyone besides my main. Now I rarely log into my alts because I have no reason to. Doing normal+ raiding on most of them interests me like a hole in the head but the reward from LFR is so crappy they make vendor greys look good. Now I'll have something to shoot for in Legion.

LFR have his own Set color.It could be cosmetic...the stats are just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    When Nighthold comes out I will have to do LFR for a chance at my 4 piece if I haven't already gotten it from heroic and normal.
    so let me get this right, with LFR you are gonna be able to get your 4/4 faster, so you can help your raid kill stuff faster with the bonus, and this makes you mad?

Well, yeah, they added tier items and trinkets to LFR drop, but this time LFR is super easy, it's easier than WoD LFR, so it won't be as time consuming as it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Considering in Legion, everything that isn't instanced scales with your iLvL, you won't be getting more powerful. It's a placebo. That murloc you killed in Azsuna at 100 that hit you for 10% of your health every time will still hit you for 10% of your health at 110 regardless if you're in 780 iLvL gear or 840 iLVL gear. Gear feels worthless in Legion. Only place it feels useful is PvE instanced content but how long before that scales with us, too?

If the looting in Legion is indeed a loot lockout system (if you did LFR, you can't get loot from normal), I'm happy. Forces people to think about what difficulty they really want loot from I haven't seen anything on the loot system in Legion beyond the personal loot changes.

Really hate the "forced to do LFR" argument, though. Since when is someone holding a gun to your head? Now that would be forced. WHY are you feeling forced? Because YOU feel you must get your 2-pc and 4-pc or because your FRIENDS/GUILD is telling you? If you're telling yourself you have to get it quick, you have issues and I suggest you see therapy. Do you go to the buffet and eat everything in sight because it's there? No. You eat what you want and leave. Hell, you don't even talk to the owner to remove dishes you hate just because you can see them. You just ignore them and go after what you want. LFR is no different from a buffet. Different things cater to different people. Just because something is offered that you dislike doesn't give you permission to bitch and moan to get it removed. It wasn't catered toward you. Now if your FRIENDS/GUILD are telling you to run LFR for set bonuses, you know what that is? Bullying. If you don't want to do it, then you need to drop them like a rock because if someone's forcing you to do something against your will, they're not your friends. If you keep telling yourself these people are your friends, you just experienced what battered women do in domestic violence situations. These women often tell themselves their partner really does love them and are beating them for their own good. These women often have issues getting out of the situation even though the situation is so obvious to people on the outside looking in. If you don't like being told to run content you don't want to do, then get off your lazy ass and either go find another guild that lets you run only the content you want or make your own.

I'm glad tier sets are back in Legion in LFR. I got my ring (the 670 one on most of my alts and my main has her healing ring at 795) and quit doing LFR. HFC LFR just sucks so I haven't finished the tomes on anyone besides my main. Now I rarely log into my alts because I have no reason to. Doing normal+ raiding on most of them interests me like a hole in the head but the reward from LFR is so crappy they make vendor greys look good. Now I'll have something to shoot for in Legion.
    Wrong though, they scale with char level not itemlevel.
    Anyway it doesnt matter cus yall wont do damage and still fail at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Considering in Legion, everything that isn't instanced scales with your iLvL,
    I thought it was only the artifact questlines (just to get the artifacts) that scaled with iLvl, and everything else scaled with character level?

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, now I have to do LFR. Blizzard, stop forcing people to do your shitty fucking LFR mode.
    You chose to be in a raiding guild that takes its progression seriously. You have ZERO right to complain about how they enforce your gearing habits, because you made a conscious decision to join a group that can and WILL take any and every advantage to progress. If you don't like that, play in another guild and quit complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    You chose to be in a raiding guild that takes its progression seriously. You have ZERO right to complain about how they enforce your gearing habits, because you made a conscious decision to join a group that can and WILL take any and every advantage to progress. If you don't like that, play in another guild and quit complaining.
    No serious progression guild will use LFR in the first tier since there are no tier sets for anyone. Couple that with the fact that LFR is 25 ilvls (last I checked) below normal raids and Tier set bonuses are not the power jump they are now, any guild that forces LFR for tier is likely to be a pretty shit guild.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Yeah it works like that now but people dont like reading before hand.

You cant do Normal and LFR to get the set bonus faster, its not the same as MoP was.

Set items in LFR is an amazing idea, frankly it was the only thing that made me resub for a good 6-8 months just to gear up alts.

Its not fun playing the game when the only reason to play it is to enjoy your class with its trinkets and set bonus.
    uhm since when? psure they're still separate lockouts,

and even if you clear mythic you still HAVE to do LFR since there's a chance it'll upgrade to 880 or above which is mythic level.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    that has GOT to be the most backwards argument ever.
    if i didnt have to do it in wod why do i have to do it now to do the same thing?

it's not like LFR players have to do mythic, then why do mythic players have to do LFR? the two shouldnt need either for their progression

of course i WILL do it, but literally no mythic raider in the entire world will say "ah im glad i have to do LFR now for a small chance at a big upgrade"
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-08-15 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post

and even if you clear mythic you still HAVE to do LFR since there's a chance it'll upgrade to 880 or above which is mythic level.
    Given how low that chance is, only the best of the best will do this, along with the shit tier guilds that fancy themselves hardcore because they got server 2nd on their backwater realm.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Im not worried about the 4P but about some Calss + Trinket = OP shenanigans. You will farm it on LFR if it dont dropp on Mainraid. I farmed eye of galakras Flex and LFR on my Ret cuz it simply didnt dop on Main Raid that progressed HC ( Mythic now ) at the time, and you still have competition/Lootcouncil if it drops.

This shit i almost forgot lol ... yea welcome LFR
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2016-08-15 at 04:01 AM.

Awesome, now I have to do LFR. Blizzard, stop forcing people to do your shitty fucking LFR mode.
    i don't believe you understand what forced means

15+ Year Old Account

that has GOT to be the most backwards argument ever.
    if i didnt have to do it in wod why do i have to do it now to do the same thing?

it's not like LFR players have to do mythic, then why do mythic players have to do LFR? the two shouldnt need either for their progression

of course i WILL do it, but literally no mythic raider in the entire world will say "ah im glad i have to do LFR now for a small chance at a big upgrade"
    It is absolutely no different from split runs or having to have 2 or 3 geared alts for progression. It comes with the territory, so you have no right to complain that your guild expects you to maximize your gearing. Again, if you don't like it, find another guild.

In WoD they discovered it's a not a good idea to make not inconveniencing the min-maxing higher end raiders a high priority design idea.

Legion adds lots of content that will burn out min-maxers.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

When Nighthold comes out I will have to do LFR for a chance at my 4 piece if I haven't already gotten it from heroic and normal.
    You should be THANKFUL that you have LFR as an option to mitigate bad RNG if you dont get your 4pc from normal/heroic/mythic. We've all streaks like that where our stuff just doesnt drop or we don't win it. LFR gives you an option for extra shots at those missing pieces. Be grateful not whiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 ilvl's below normal but it has a small set bonus? SIGN ME IN! /s

please guys don't do that to yourselves, the advantage will be close to none or even worse. About titanforged: Oh please the chance to get a titanforged item maxed on ilvl is close to non-existent, if you are doing LFR in hopes of getting one, you are insane, not only because of tiny chance of you getting a upgrade, but because you would be better off doing HC dungeons in hopes of drops.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    You should be THANKFUL that you have LFR as an option to mitigate bad RNG if you dont get your 4pc from normal/heroic/mythic. We've all streaks like that where our stuff just doesnt drop or we don't win it. LFR gives you an option for extra shots at those missing pieces. Be grateful not whiny.
    Agree with this.
    You are not forced by blizzard to do lfr. If anyone forces you it would be "you".