Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation List of all hunter abilities removed in latest prune?

Is there a list of all the hunter abilities removed in the last cancer prune in LEG-pre patch?

people who have strong opinions about pruning are funny

tranqshot
    distracting shot
    others

People who think pruning is a good thing should be shot.

I'm noticing:
    No more explosive traps
    No more frost traps
    No more ice block traps
    No more aspect of the cheetah (pos 3 min cd bs)
    No more spirit bond
    No more hp from disengage
    No more trap launcher
    No more killshot
    No more camouflage
    No more pet stacks for haste (forgot its name)
    No more exotic munitions
    No more aspect of the pack

what else?

You sure seem to post a lot of shit about World of Warcraft, yet you also seem to play. Are you okay?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    No more explosive traps
    Like it was useful in WoD, or in MoP if u arent survival, also there is just for survival hunters.

No more frost traps
    ^

No more ice block traps
    ^

No more aspect of the cheetah (pos 3 min cd bs)
    Well every class lost some mobility, i am ok with that.

No more spirit bond
    It was cool but there was no spirit bond for MM/surv before too.

No more hp from disengage
    I never give a fuck about that hp, i am not a pvp guy, it helped me a waaaaaaaaaay to rare to make any difference for me

No more trap launcher
    U still can throw some of them

No more killshot
    There was no killshot early too, again it was good skill for execute phases but i can leave without it too.

No more camouflage
    there is - as talent

No more pet stacks for haste (forgot its name)
    Frenzy? -> Focus Fire? Why u need to take the haste from ur pet when u dont have any casts anymore, just for auto attacks!?

No more exotic munitions
    I used it only at start of WoD when it was bugged and i cloud have EM+LW.

No more aspect of the pack
    Well ppl hated hunters becuse of AotP, i guess it was time this to happen.

We lost a way more stuff that we have early - stings (scorpid, viper, serpent), immolation trap, scatter shot, counterattack, eye of the beast, silencing shot, readiness, aspects (Impr Aspect of the hawk was cool to me), ammo/arrows, tranq shot, blind shot, healing reduction from aimed, dispell of arcane shot, spell dmg scaling, old disengage which reduce ur aggro only, quivers that give attack speed, deadzone range (8 in vanilla, 5 after this), casting traps only outside combat, mana, pets with unique skills, prob even more that i can think right now, but i dont see someone to make a huge deal because of this
    Last edited by mmoc7c5210db5a; 2016-08-11 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    Oh great, this biased idiot again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since Cataclysm they've been chipping away at hunter but I really feel like this time too much has been cut for my liking but rather than complain about it I'm just rerolling. I didn't roll a turret back in 2005, but that's what my favourite spec has become. It used to be the case that when one spec felt off to me I could spend a tier or two in another; but this is the first time where I've ever disliked hunter across the board. I appreciate that there are going to be those that like the class still, or even prefer it but I'm not one of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    Since Cataclysm they've been chipping away at hunter but I really feel like this time too much has been cut for my liking but rather than complain about it I'm just rerolling. I didn't roll a turret back in 2005, but that's what my favourite spec has become. It used to be the case that when one spec felt off to me I could spend a tier or two in another; but this is the first time where I've ever disliked hunter across the board. I appreciate that there are going to be those that like the class still, or even prefer it but I'm not one of them.
    2005? U are talking about - Aimed -> auto -> multi (it had 0.5s cast time) -> auto? Sounds pretty turret spec to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    2005? U are talking about - Aimed -> auto -> multi (it had 0.5s cast time) -> auto? Sounds pretty turret spec to me.
    I think you're misinterpreting my meaning. There was plenty of flavour and utility to offset the limitations in rotations back then. Hunters had a lot of ways to distinguish themselves with clever use of abilities and mechanics. Now more than ever it feels like I'm literally standing still at the back shooting ugly looking shots or whistling at bad guys. The numbers are fantastic but the class is soulless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    I think you're misinterpreting my meaning. There was plenty of flavour and utility to offset the limitations in rotations back then. Hunters had a lot of ways to distinguish themselves with clever use of abilities and mechanics. Now more than ever it feels like I'm literally standing still at the back shooting ugly looking shots or whistling at bad guys. The numbers are fantastic but the class is soulless.
    My guild - we need hunters to be MM for trueshot aura - if you are going to play other specs - no raiding for u.
    Outside tranq shot and some frost/freezing traps, i dont think i rly had any special job, just clicking 1-2-1-2. In some rarely cases if shit hit the fan, i had to kite, nothing else. But most of the times i was the aura guy. AAAAAAAand if u went oom - mana oils and stacking mp5 was fun too or that stones exchange life for mana, NOT. Hunter never was (and never will be) a complicated class, ofc as always there is a 1-5% of ppl that will make something better than you.

Doing 500,000 sustained DPS as MM in the Broken Isles scenario was sure fun though

Stop comparing the present to the past. Pick something you find fun and play it.

Change is good. If they didn't do stuff like this people would just complain that it's all the same recycled bullshit. At least they're trying, and unlike last time they're trying to make the classes and specs different instead of all the same.

At 110 with artifact weapons things aren't really much simpler than they used to be. In most cases it's "pruning" in the truest sense of the word:

prune(verb): to trim (a tree, shrub, or bush) by cutting away dead or overgrown branches or stems, especially to increase fruitfulness and growth.

To reduce the extent of (something) by removing superfluous or unwanted parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    Like it was useful in WoD, or in MoP if u arent survival, also there is just for survival hunters.
    I miss knockback glyphed explosive trap. It was fun and useful =(

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Doing 500,000 sustained DPS as MM in the Broken Isles scenario was sure fun though

Stop comparing the present to the past. Pick something you find fun and play it.

Change is good. If they didn't do stuff like this people would just complain that it's all the same recycled bullshit. At least they're trying, and unlike last time they're trying to make the classes and specs different instead of all the same.
    With the sentiment (if not the reasoning) I largely agree which is why I'm going to spend my first expansion maining another class. I just feel that it's a shame that for me at least the class has been reduced to a number generator. If that's all I'm going to be, then I'm going to damn well do it with nice looking spells and a pretty dress!

You can add;

- master's call for MM and BM.
    - scare beast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I miss knockback glyphed explosive trap. It was fun and useful =(
    One of the funniest spells in the game, especially in pvp. You could do some really crazy shit with it. Now it's gone and I'm sad about it = (.
    Last edited by mmoc408d56abb5; 2016-08-11 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    There was also BC, Wotlk, Cata & MoP; not only classic. Hunter certainly lost some their flavor.
    In tbc u were still a turret, same for MM in cata, in bc and wotlk u cant auto attack when u moving, so...

Quote Originally Posted by POXHANANANA View Post
    One of the funniest spells in the game, especially in pvp. You could do some really crazy shit with it. Now it's gone and I'm sad about it = (.
    Good for escaping, great for knocking people off cliffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post

No, actually. No change IS better than bad change. More people would be happy with hunters if they literally left everything the same, and that itself is a huge problem. If the class designers were going to make such huge changes, they should have actually a) taken the time to ensure they were doing a good job, and b) responded to player feedback accordingly.

Neither of those things happened. Instead we get comments like "focus capped, not GCD capped" and "Hunter's Mark on auto-shot is no gameplay change due to RPPM": which are things that only someone with 0 clue about the class can say with a straight face.

Deleted
    After playing hunter for more than 10 years and being with the ups and downs of the class this is the first time where I honestly dislike every spec of the class. Survival looks alright, but I think it's a gimick thing and who would want ANOTHER melee dps in their raid group ? Currently after trying out Marksman and Beastmastery the 2 specs have approximately 0.5 to 1second down time in the rotation where you just do nothing at all and I really don't like the feel of it. Maybe it's because everything is changed and I can't get used to it yet, maybe it's because I've outgrown the hunter class and it's time for something new.

Also, the amount of spells removed from my class is insane. I got such an empty action bars now that it's pretty pathethic in my opinion. It's the same with almost every class though so it's not like it's exclusive to hunter.

I will play a few more days with my hunter and see if I like the class and what they did with it, currently I am not a fan, at all.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Oh great, this biased idiot again.
    seriously, all he does is whine.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it