Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    I beat it first time. Seemed like a long game but I got the impression that you couldn't really lose, just like the WoW version..
    O.D. I didn't think it was that easy. Not easy enough to one shot lol. Not before knowing you had to win before fatigue.

Just beat the Mirror.

Holy shit I struggled like a bitch using a mage trying to clear 1/1s. I dicked around using a priest since you guys said to use it, not even tracking my deck with decktracker, and won. Priest is overpowered against this fight lol, poor bitch didn't even get to fatigue. Silencing Rhonin was a godsend.

The first wing is pretty fun, I actually liked the match where you play as Medivh the most. The Chess match was rather unique and I wouldn't mind see'ing it as a tavern brawl as some point. I haven't tried heroic yet but they seem pretty easy, even Amaz one shotted them all. I've only tried out Enchanted Raven so far for my beast druid, and getting it on turn 2 with a Mark of Y'saarjh on turn 2 is a blessing. It traded well with a Totem Golem.

Heroic Prologue has got to be the easiest heroic boss ever, you just get incredibly broken draws and destroy him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I tried Fel Reaver on Mirror. It did not go well. You mill him, but because you also have a Reaver on board and his deck is full of cheap cost, he mills you right back and with higher efficacy
    I got around that with Doomsayer/Shadowstep/Prep+Vanish
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    i enjoyed the first wing quite a bit. that mirror boss was great.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i enjoyed the first wing quite a bit. that mirror boss was great.
    Honestly, the moment it mentioned the compliments not exactly working since Medivh has disappeared, I knew exactly where that was going, so it was kinda cringeworthy to me. But then again, I guess I can't complain since I've been playing specifically as Mage with the Khadgar skin for the sake of it being Khadgar going to save his teacher

The fight itself was interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    I beat it first time. Seemed like a long game but I got the impression that you couldn't really lose, just like the WoW version..
    I was talking about the Heroic version actually. Normal modes are always a joke, I one shot all of them unless they have some super weird mechanic that I don't know about until after already starting the game.

Heroic is much tougher because you will run out of pieces if you don't play eventually(no discover new piece hero power).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think beating Malchezzar on Heroic is all down to luck. It's a hard fight due to him starting with 5 mana and having an OP hero power :P
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2016-08-15 at 01:06 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I think beating Malchezzar on Heroic is all down to luck. It's a hard fight due to him starting with 5 mana and having an OP hero power :P
    Most Heroics have a strong RNG element to them - you must get a good opener and/or hope the AI has a bad start or you get overwhelmed quickly. Bosses like Malch and Chess exacerbate this because you can't tweak the deck at all to give you any advantage. I got lucky with my Heroic one-shot because my opening hand contained Apprentices, 0-cost-this-turn and 2 x summon legendaries that gave me Icehowl and Rafaam right off the bat, meaning I had breathing room to control his deck.

Then I played Normal again a couple days later and got slaughtered twice in a row because 0-cost and 5SP were at the bottom of my deck
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most Heroics have a strong RNG element to them - you must get a good opener and/or hope the AI has a bad start or you get overwhelmed quickly. Bosses like Malch and Chess exacerbate this because you can't tweak the deck at all to give you any advantage. I got lucky with my Heroic one-shot because my opening hand contained Apprentices, 0-cost-this-turn and 2 x summon legendaries that gave me Icehowl and Rafaam right off the bat, meaning I had breathing room to control his deck.

Then I played Normal again a couple days later and got slaughtered twice in a row because 0-cost and 5SP were at the bottom of my deck
    Yeah, I found that too. I went into fatigue in order to beat him on heroic.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been tinkering around with Bolster Warrior with the new Protect The King card. Still haven't worked out a way to make a deck in Standard that competes with the other, more threatening Warrior decks.

It's nice when you slam down a solid Protect The King + Bolster vs aggro decks but otherwise just doesn't have enough to make it better than mid-tier.

The lack of Kelthuzad is extremely noticeable.

I've been tinkering around with Bolster Warrior with the new Protect The King card. Still haven't worked out a way to make a deck in Standard that competes with the other, more threatening Warrior decks.

It's nice when you slam down a solid Protect The King + Bolster vs aggro decks but otherwise just doesn't have enough to make it better than mid-tier.

The lack of Kelthuzad is extremely noticeable.
    That has been the general consensus form what i have seen so far. In the best case scenario it is 3/3 that aren't interactable no the turn they are played equal to the amount your enemy has down. Zoo can value trade, and in any other matchup they are close to dead cards. Having 4 in your deck would mean unless everything is aggro you would lose too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    That has been the general consensus form what i have seen so far. In the best case scenario it is 3/3 that aren't interactable no the turn they are played equal to the amount your enemy has down. Zoo can value trade, and in any other matchup they are close to dead cards. Having 4 in your deck would mean unless everything is aggro you would lose too much.
    It could be really, really good in Wild with Belchers, Inf Tauren, KT and Nzoth. In Standard though... yeah.

Not great.

It could be really, really good in Wild with Belchers, Inf Tauren, KT and Nzoth. In Standard though... yeah.

Not great.
    yea, dont play much Wild so not really sure what that meta looks like. I mean Bolster needs 2 to be really worth it, and if they aren't good cards on their won then it needs 3+. So unless you can consistently get that off I doubt it is a viable top tier deck. I feel like what you are thinking off would be fun though. easily see a dream scenario where you have a sludge and say a brave down, they have a bunch of small minions you flood with protect+bolster+bolster and then basically win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Next tinker of the day was a self-silence priest deck that Brode thinks is gonna make Purify worth more than a wet fart. Obv we don't have Purify yet, but the core idea was still the same with Silence and Owls - Ancient Watchers and Eerie Statues, load up on DoAs, Sunfuries and Faceless Shamblers, round out with standard priest control.

This just in - it still fucking blows.

Like, not even remotely close to being worthwhile.

Eight matches played with tinkering in between each. In not one of them did my board become a threatening presence.

Dunno how he thinks Purify is gonna magically change what a 0-mana silence can't do.

Next tinker of the day was a self-silence priest deck that Brode thinks is gonna make Purify worth more than a wet fart. Obv we don't have Purify yet, but the core idea was still the same with Silence and Owls - Ancient Watchers and Eerie Statues, load up on DoAs, Sunfuries and Faceless Shamblers, round out with standard priest control.
    The intent of the card was I think fair. Fun, but ultimately fairly subpar decks are fine. It’s just priest as a class is currently underperforming to a pretty heavy degree and giving them it seems like what made this card stand out for its horribleness.
    Deadly Fork is I feel a terrible card. Sure if you are able to get it off without suffering any loss of tempo then it's a great value card but that shouldn't really ever occur in constructed (It seems to be fine or better than that in arena). But Rogue is doing alright and their other two cards were intriguing. So no big fuss was made, despite this being something will will see like 0% play in constructed.
    Shaman's wicked witchdoctor is pretty much a worse violet teacher on a class that never used that card anyway. But again, because of the class's state it isn't as talked about.
    And these two cards are arguably worse than purify. You could make a silly deck with priest to use on these silencing your own cards things, and get a few funny games from it. Deadly fork is never gonna do that, and wicked witchdoctor is the same.

I'm not defending the design team, I think this is a major flub (One of many, pretty much every expansion has had major flaws that were quite easy to see) on their part and they should be willing to change cards on the fly when they see how poorly classes are doing. I don't even like that cards like wicked witchdoctor are printed (Cards that are pretty much patently subpar to other stuff and don’t have any real fun interactions/chance to do something neat).

I don’t think they believe silence priest will ever become a remotely competitive deck, and I would have liked to see this card priced more fairly OR made to silence all your minions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Anomaly is a surprisingly good sleeper 1-drop for priests who aren't dragon. I slotted two copies into my thief priest deck.

Having a 2/5 on board at turn 1 with Anomaly - coin - PWS is rather good for early trading.

I'd rather novice coin PWS and spend that investment protecting my draw machine than have 1 more attack on a totally harmless minion that needs at least 2 turns to trade for anything and has all the same weaknesses that novice does on top of being totally worthless at all other stages in the game.

It's a bad card. Don't play it.

Or actually, do play it. I want to face more stupid decks who wear themselves out in the first two turns investing tons of cards into a pathetic 2-attack minion with no special effects. I could use more of these weird arcane anomaly - coin - mirror image mages I've been facing. Thanks for the zero fressure play that wastes all your low-cost combo cards doing nothing useful, guy. May as well coin frostbolt face...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

15+ Year Old Account
    You're vastly underestimating the value of 2 attack instead of 1 in the opening few turns

A 2/5 will reliably kill their 1-drop, 2-drop and sometimes even their 3. A 1/5 will not.

Deleted
    You're vastly underestimating the value of 2 attack instead of 1 in the opening few turns

A 2/5 will reliably kill their 1-drop, 2-drop and sometimes even their 3. A 1/5 will not.
    Yeah but everyone plays Dragon Warrior and none cares about your 1 drop. I don't even think its possible to lose against a Priest as Dragon Warrior.