Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    i'd say you're insane for not doing it, or you dont raid seriously, either way. statistically you WILL find at least 1-2 upgrades from LFR after a couple weeks, so yes, it does matter, a couple item levels can make or break a gearcheck fight

also legendary drops have similar chance, that wont stop people from trying to get them.
    Normally yeah, but you want tintaforged to proc 5 times, that it's not statiscally probable. AND you will be raiding normal, so for you, a normal raider, hoping to get a upgrade in a LFR raid it's WAAYYY to improbable for you to do that in hopes of finding an upgrade.

Also, legendaries can be acquired from many sources, LFR set gear from just one, that is not a viable comparison. Mainly because everything you do in the world may drop a legendary, so you are working on them without noticing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    There are 6 pieces of tier gear now, so 6 bosses, plus the chance of anything titanforging up to max ilvl makes LFR worth doing for most players not near max-Ilvl anyways. They aren't ONLY looking for tier, tier just makes LFR even more important. Trinkets + relics titanforging can be just as important as tier.
    No they dont, set bonuses are not as critical as they were before. You are counting way too much in your luck to get an upgrade in a content that has a reaaaally small chance of rewarding those. Not to mention you are thinking that any set piece from LFR might satisfy you, when in reality you will probably need a specific one.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Normally yeah, but you want tintaforged to proc 5 times, that it's not statiscally probable. AND you will be raiding normal, so for you, a normal raider, hoping to get a upgrade in a LFR raid it's WAAYYY to improbable for you to do that in hopes of finding an upgrade.

Also, legendaries can be acquired from many sources, LFR set gear from just one, that is not a viable comparison. Mainly because everything you do in the world may drop a legendary, so you are working on them without noticing.

- - - Updated - - -

No they dont, set bonuses are not as critical as they were before. You are counting way too much in your luck to get an upgrade in a content that has a reaaaally small chance of rewarding those. Not to mention you are thinking that any set piece from LFR might satisfy you, when in reality you will probably need a specific one.
    Upgrades are going to "satisfy me" for probably any slot actually, whatever you meant by that. And not doing LFR will still put you at a disadvantage, no matter how you try to argue that it won't. The chance of it titanforging up to mythic ilvl is quite low, but having all 20 members of your mythic raid group do each LFR boss every week increases the chances quite dramatically. In a serious group, it isn't only about your upgrades.

Choosing to skip LFR is similar to skipping classes, just because one is RL and one isn't does not make a difference. There is no logical reason to have tier gear from LFR, especially when LFR/normal aren't even balanced around tier. Blizzard is only adding tier to LFR to force semi-hardcore and hardcore players to do it, so that LFR will have more participation. The simple truth is that WoD LFR more than likely had shit participation and now they are trying to justify keeping LFR by basically making it required for serious guilds. And the whole choosing idea is stupid. Making a choice to be in a guild that is serious doesn't mean that I want to do LFR, but now I have to.
    And its still a choice. Your assumption about the reason for LFR to have actual tier gear is total speculation and backed with no facts so its irrelevant. The fact is its all a choice, you chose to play the game, you chose to be in a guild that requires you to go for the best possible gear in order to raid with them, all of this is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    And its still a choice. Your assumption about the reason for LFR to have actual tier gear is total speculation and backed with no facts so its irrelevant. The fact is its all a choice, you chose to play the game, you chose to be in a guild that requires you to go for the best possible gear in order to raid with them, all of this is a choice.
    Okay, everything in life is a choice going by this philosophy, so does anything really matter?

Sounds good to me, I think I heard that the lfr set won't count towards your normal set as well so not to "force" people as they say to run it for set items. Could be wrong about that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Choosing to skip LFR is similar to skipping classes, just because one is RL and one isn't does not make a difference. There is no logical reason to have tier gear from LFR, especially when LFR/normal aren't even balanced around tier. Blizzard is only adding tier to LFR to force semi-hardcore and hardcore players to do it, so that LFR will have more participation. The simple truth is that WoD LFR more than likely had shit participation and now they are trying to justify keeping LFR by basically making it required for serious guilds. And the whole choosing idea is stupid. Making a choice to be in a guild that is serious doesn't mean that I want to do LFR, but now I have to.
    Oh, I totally agree that they are trying to boost LFR's participation. That and they figure the actual raiders might carry the masses who are standing in crap and auto-attacking the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Sounds good to me, I think I heard that the lfr set won't count towards your normal set as well so not to "force" people as they say to run it for set items. Could be wrong about that though.
    That would be the best solution.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrades are going to "satisfy me" for probably any slot actually, whatever you meant by that. And not doing LFR will still put you at a disadvantage, no matter how you try to argue that it won't. The chance of it titanforging up to mythic ilvl is quite low, but having all 20 members of your mythic raid group do each LFR boss every week increases the chances quite dramatically. In a serious group, it isn't only about your upgrades.
    No, I disagree because if the loot doesn't drop, you will not have its advantage. The chance of one drop of the item titanforging until mythic lvl is REALLY, REALLY REALLY small, as Ion has said before. So counting on that to progress your guild through mythic is simply absurd.

Theoretically speaking, yes, it might give you a competitive advantage if that is what you want to argue, IF it drops (GIANT IF). But the thing is, its such a small chance that realistically speaking, it wont matter much at all, Ion himself said that you will not be seeing this often or even rarely, it will be those one of a kind moments.

Odds are that if you do LFR every week until the end of the expansion you will not see a titanforged mythic ilvl. So arguing that you MUST do it, is, at the very least, dishonest.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The problem is players who are only there for the benefits, who then afk through it as it is "below their standards".
    The problem is idiots who deal around 5k dps (on main target, I mind you, in HFC I've never seen 'casual' crowd killing adds) and still think they deserve tier gear and trinkets, while geared guys with 80+ k dps carry them through this shit.

if you go to the dungeon guide in game, all the loot information and aesthetics are there for the legion raids and difficulties btw.

if you chose not to do LFR, you are hurting yourself. I can chose to take university classes that don't have mandatory attendance. Not going to class will still fuck me over on the tests even though I have a choice to skip.
    you are wrong lfr is not designed for peoples who are doing the higher difficulties, saying you are forced is about the same as lfr raiders asking for mythic nerf because feel forced to do it in order to gain the best reward in game.
    If i was blizzard i would keep all the bonus and proc exclusive to one difficulties meaning that 2 & 4 set bonus and trinket proc are limited to the raid you drop them
    (lfr work in lfr, normal in normal, heroic in heroic and mythic in mythic) and avoiding peoples mixing it cutting out this bs from the root.
    Anyway i'm glad they returned the wod bullshit was an insult to all the players who use lfr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    The problem is idiots who deal around 5k dps (on main target, I mind you, in HFC I've never seen 'casual' crowd killing adds) and still think they deserve tier gear and trinkets, while geared guys with 80+ k dps carry them through this shit.
    the problem are peoples who think they are entitled to judge other and blizzard fueling this shit by not sharing the lockout among all difficulties lfr included
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Shit like this really astounds me. They have four fucking difficulties to cater to every single type of player, and even then that's not good enough. People in WoD complained their shitty LFR gear wasn't shiny enough and had no bonuses, even though they never raided higher difficulties. The whole thing makes no god damn sense. People who want to raid higher difficulties will do Normal either way.

Why do set bonuses matter if there is no use for them?
    In the HfC-tier, some set bonuses and class trinkets made their specs play far better (Not just in a "numbers" sense, but also in the "Actually fun to play now"-sense), being stuck with a half-complete spec because i didn't run normal+ was outright stupid, if Blizz is dead-set on making sets with gamechanging bonuses they should be available to everybody, and in Legion they are. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    In the HfC-tier, some set bonuses and class trinkets made their specs play far better (Not just in a "numbers" sense, but also in the "Actually fun to play now"-sense), being stuck with a half-complete spec because i didn't run normal+ was outright stupid, if Blizz is dead-set on making sets with gamechanging bonuses they should be available to everybody, and in Legion they are. :P
    If you aren't doing content balanced for said sets why then should you have them? I do not race cars so I do not own a formula 1 car.

Also, the chap who said they should link LFR lockouts to Normal/Heroic/Mythic I would be ok with that. So long as it was just LFR that would tack on to your lockout the second you completed any difficulty higher than it.
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-08-15 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    Awesome, now I have to do LFR. Blizzard, stop forcing people to do your shitty fucking LFR mode.
    No one is forced to do anything.

Don't like it go unsub and show blizzard how mad you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    People in WoD complained their shitty LFR gear wasn't shiny enough and had no bonuses, even though they never raided higher difficulties.
    Why do set bonuses matter if there is no use for them?
    I complained and have raided higher difficulty then LFR. Set bonuses matter because they make up a HUGE bulk of your dps its that simple.

People who need LFR gutted or gated need to go check there fucken ego.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    If you aren't doing content balanced for said sets why then should you have them? I do not race cars so I do not own a formula 1 car.

Also, the chap who said they should link LFR lockouts to Normal/Heroic/Mythic I would be ok with that. So long as it was just LFR that would tack on to your lockout the second you completed any difficulty higher than it.
    Might just as well say "Why get anything", considering you could probably do 90% of the rest of the non-raid content with three buttons and auto-attacks.

Everything and anything should not be balanced around and tailored for raiders.

lfr lockout should work like any other if you do first lfr that week you cannot do N/H/M if you do any of the later you can't do lfr simple, clear, effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Might just as well say "Why get anything", considering you could probably do 90% of the rest of the non-raid content with three buttons and auto-attacks.

Everything and anything should not be balanced around and tailored for raiders.
    That's not really a good argument. You should gain gear that merits the challenge of the content. If tier makes you that much stronger LFR needs to have it's difficulty increased in order to merit the reward and actually make use of it. Otherwise it's like firing a bazooka at a paper target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    lfr lockout should work like any other if you do first lfr that week you cannot do N/H/M if you do any of the later you can't do lfr simple, clear, effective.
    That sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainted0ne View Post
    Awesome, now I have to do LFR. Blizzard, stop forcing people to do your shitty fucking LFR mode.
    Just shut up...

Shhh...

I mean it! GO AWAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    "blizzard give us lfr so we enjoy story"

"blizz why you only drop shit gear in lfr"

uh hu

about the purps all along m8

tbh lfr should not drop any gear at all, like broken shore event if you so in for the story
    Then people would only do it once, and then barely anyone would touch raids, and Blizzard is deadset on pushing raids forever.

People need to understand that character progression is insanely important in an RPG, million times so in a subscription based MMORPG. Even if it's superficial and a placebo, or whatever, if you don't get people chasing a carrot on the stick, they're going to stop playing.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not really a good argument. You should gain gear that merits the challenge of the content. If tier makes you that much stronger LFR needs to have it's difficulty increased in order to merit the reward and actually make use of it. Otherwise it's like firing a bazooka at a paper target.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds good to me.
    You're kinda missing my point. From the way people talk, the large majority of WoD was balanced around set bonuses, and the set bonuses seemingly effected the way some classes "played properly", or whatever you wanna call it. (I don't honestly know, I'm just going by how people talk about it. I pretty much set raiding out in WoD and quit for a good while shortly before BRF went live until now) Bonuses that not many people had. Which is just downright silly and is kind of a bad design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post

You're kinda missing my point. From the way people talk, the large majority of WoD was balanced around set bonuses, and the set bonuses seemingly effected the way some classes "played properly", or whatever you wanna call it. (I don't honestly know, I'm just going by how people talk about it. I pretty much set raiding out in WoD and quit for a good while shortly before BRF went live until now) Bonuses that not many people had. Which is just downright silly and is kind of a bad design.
    The only thing balanced around the set bonuses was Heroic/Mythic content. You could clear LFR in 5-man gear and you can cakewalk it in LFR gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Funny, as i remember that was the idea of lfr to begin with.

Oh i understand how important chrackter progression is for a mmorpg, i think its the most important part tbh. but maybe you should look up instant gratificationand the problem it causes longterm
    Ehhh, unless they really go nuts with the drop rates, which they never seem to do, I doubt it'll be that. Plus, the gear is relatively crud for anyone doing anything better.

They do need to crank the difficulty up, though. At least back up to MoP levels. MoP's LFR was just the right difficulty, ignoring some really badly designed fights and fights that required too much coordination. (TBH, from what I did play of normal in WoD, I'd say MoP's LFR was only slightly less difficult than WoD's normal). If what the person said earlier that it's even easier than WoD's, that's pretty distressing. It doesn't need to be easier :/ But it's still not anything I'd call a big deal.

Also, if that was the goal of LFR, I'd like to see where they said it. I can't imagine Blizzard ever wanted someone to do something only once and never again. That goes against anything that costs a monthly fee.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing balanced around the set bonuses was Heroic/Mythic content. You could clear LFR in 5-man gear and you can cakewalk it in LFR gear.
    Well, to be fair, you could probably clear LFR barely geared at all. (But that's beside the point).

Again, I'm just going by how people talk! I pretty much sat most of the expansion out from the launch of BRF until the month before the pre-patch