Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    All human kingdom's are ..... or were, to be exact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Uh-huh, because some dying moron appointing a new leader based on the voices in his head is soooo much better.
    The Loa are not just "some voices" in Vol'Jin's head. Vol'Jin has communed with the Loa for years, it's part of Troll religion and tradition and they are real, considering how we have met some of them already. They're not just some random spirits. They are entities. Powerful entities. The August Celestials of Pandaria are the same type of beings as the Loa of the Trolls.

Someone doesn't know their lore very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Actually...

Jens Stoltenberg is a civilian clerk. He doesn't decide or apply policy.
    The dude actually running the application of policy is a guy called Petr Pavel. Chairman of the Military Committee.

Nominally speaking the North Atlantic Council sets policy by unanimity. In practice, the US decides. Setting the Foreign and Defense policy of the US is the sole responsibility of the President of the United States. The idea that Hungary or Latvia would have the weight in the NAC as the US is laughable at best.

Common let's be frank here.

NATO is the US military and it's auxiliaries. The US is the operational and political backbone of the whole thing. Just as Stormwind is the operational and political backbone of the Alliance. The comparison stands. Tho unlike in WoW, it's highly unlikely you'll see the President of the United States personally leading the charge against a Demonic Invasion, dual wielding magical swords, getting himself killed and passing down the role to his daughter Malia Obama, the Princess Who Was Promised.
    All of which still proves my point that Obama isn't the "primary commander" of NATO, which was the point, in this pointless thread. But thanks, I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    please don't post anymore, you are so dense it hurts @Snowraven.

It continues the WoW tradition of the faction leader being the least qualified to actually lead.

Horde get a Troll that spent nearly an entire expansion in a coma after walking in to the most obvious trap ever and hid from the genocidal dictator trying to kill him in his own village getting another several dozen of his own people killed in the process. As a final display of his complete incompetence, he runs out on the Alliance during the Legion invasion after getting a boo-boo and puts ANOTHER genocidal dictator in charge before dropping (thankfully) dead.

Alliance meanwhile have Dwarves with centuries of hardened battle experience, Night Elves that have been the masters of guerrilla warfare experience for thousands of years or the Draenei, the aliens that live up to 25,000 years and have a racial leader who is the frigging Oracle of pretty much everything. But no, let's put the schizophrenic human with anger issues and his well-meaning but naive son in charge of the entire faction. To the other Alliance races, it must be like putting a goldfish in charge of their collective armies.

Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    The Loa are not just "some voices" in Vol'Jin's head. Vol'Jin has communed with the Loa for years, it's part of Troll religion and tradition and they are real, considering how we have met some of them already. They're not just some random spirits. They are entities. Powerful entities. The August Celestials of Pandaria are the same type of beings as the Loa of the Trolls.

Someone doesn't know their lore very well.
    You ever seen a Loa? No, neither have I, and more importantly neither has Vol'jin.

He can talk to his imaginary space ghosts all he likes, doesn't mean anyone should respect his delusion.

You ever seen a Loa? No, neither have I, and more importantly neither has Vol'jin.

He can talk to his imaginary space ghosts all he likes, doesn't mean anyone should respect his delusion.
    Never been to Zul'Drak or Zul'Aman? Der be Loa ereware mon.

They are probably related to the wild gods in some way. Especially since some trolls consider the wild gods to be Loa.

With a theme like this I would follow Anduin alone to Argos sure of victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    He's the only white male.

Velen: Alien
    Tyrande: A chick
    Jaina: A chick
    Muradin: Circus folk
    Mekkatorgue: Circus folk
    Genn: Sly Dog
    Anduin: Privileged white boy
    Fixed that for you.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Yeah it gets really tiring that the only people who are allowed to have a story or actually do things on the alliance side are the humans. Even Maraad venturing to save the draenei in WoD was the lone draenei from our universe. It would seem like something more draenei would have been interested in doing. Instead it was just mostly humans.

I'm still wondering why the general of the sentinel army hasn't done anything or hasn't shown up in legion. It would make sense that the bigger names would be involved at the very least, especially the military commanders, to help fight the legion. The story of the alliance races just gets transformed into "humans and others".
    Yeah I know that sucks!! Shandris has more skill than any of the current human commanders. It's just a shame.
    But... as I said before, I think it's also just lazy writing

Deleted
    He became the king of stormwind (and all humans, I guess?) but I dont think he became the leader of all alliance...

Humans might be strongest but honestly it doesnt really make sense, its no longer like there are several human kingdoms, it seems there is just stormwind, gameplay wise they developed only stormwind, like if other races did literally nothing over the years (which is caused by lack of development of older zones. All they do is add stuff to stormwind because thats the gathering place for some reason. Like if dwarves with gnomes could not dig deeper through the mountain, dig up a cave and a build a secret harbor on the side where menethil harbor is? Ironforge has also airfield...untouched.

Anyway, I dont see a reason why Anduin should lead the Alliance, nor should Greymane. Dwarves are divided. We will see what happens...

You might not have, but myself and Vol'jin sure have. We met Bwonsamdi during the retaking of the Echo Islands and Vol'jin had a few conversations with him in his book a few years back.

The King of Stormwind is the head of the Alliance.

I don't think that's ever been challenged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Never been to Zul'Drak or Zul'Aman? Der be Loa ereware mon.

They are probably related to the wild gods in some way. Especially since some trolls consider the wild gods to be Loa.
    They actually are wild gods. You should read Chronicle, it's extremely illuminating on the subject.

Some reading material if you're not in a position to read the book: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Wild_God

Deleted
    I have no faith in any of the current Leaders of either faction. I would have followed Garrosh or Varian but they ruined one of them and killed the other. I am just waiting for the Expansion where we can become Neutral with both sides.

DISCLAIMER: I am primarily an Alliance player and this bugs me.

I don't know if this has been posted before but it kind of bugs me that Anduin automatically becomes "High King" of the Alliance. He is the prince of the humans of Stormwind, but not the prince of everyone else. I feel like Varian's appointment as leader of the Alliance was warranted by his experience and prowess as a strategist and skilled warrior. Anduin barely has any experience leading, and that is paltry when compared to the likes of Velen and Tryande who have had thousands of years of experience, and wisdom, and, well a lot of things that Anduin doesn't have. He shouldn't be the leader of the Alliance. I see people complaining about Slyvanas' appointment by Vol'Jin as the new leader of the Horde and to me that makes more sense than Anduin becoming the leader of the Alliance just because he was the son of Varian. The Alliance is, well, an alliance, not a monarchy. There shouldn't have been some dynastic transfer of power.

/endrant
    I was confused as well. Nothing is revealed as far as what Varian would have wanted.. I mean, I get why he is the new king.. but the "High King" title should die out or go to someone else in my opinion. "Well he is human..." is a bad reason.

Because they cba to write for the Alliance as anything other than a blue Horde and it's easier to write for humans, so they just write humans and say "yeah it's Alliance lore."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Alliance is not a monarchy. Stormwind is an absolute monarchy, the best system that has ever been used. Other races should follow the pattern.

Anything other than absolute monarchy is a joke and should be treated as such.
    Absolute Monarchy is not the best system ever used due to the fact that the heir of a good monarch can still be a retard. In this case it's not the case 100%, but there have been examples in history where after a good king/queen their heir came into power and destroyed most of what they built. Why? Because in an absolute monarchy, he could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Actually...

Jens Stoltenberg is a civilian clerk. He doesn't decide or apply policy.
    The dude actually running the application of policy is a guy called Petr Pavel. Chairman of the Military Committee.

Nominally speaking the North Atlantic Council sets policy by unanimity. In practice, the US decides. Setting the Foreign and Defense policy of the US is the sole responsibility of the President of the United States. The idea that Hungary or Latvia would have the weight in the NAC as the US is laughable at best.

Common let's be frank here.

NATO is the US military and it's auxiliaries. The US is the operational and political backbone of the whole thing. Just as Stormwind is the operational and political backbone of the Alliance. The comparison stands. Tho unlike in WoW, it's highly unlikely you'll see the President of the United States personally leading the charge against a Demonic Invasion, dual wielding magical swords, getting himself killed and passing down the role to his daughter Malia Obama, the Princess Who Was Promised.
    You raised a good point and it made me question something. Are humans truly the USA of the Alliance anymore? In the end, over the last expansions, they're the ones who had the worst losses. Meanwhile, the dwarves got quite a few forces with the Wildhammer and Dark Iron joining them fully. The dwarves also are the ones building most of the machines of war used by the Alliance, from tanks to rifles. Dwarves have quite some political power too.
    Why are not the dwarves the USA of the Alliance?

Honestly, I believe that if Stormwind was the USA, Khaz Modan would also be the USA power-wise. Night elves can be Germany. Worgen can be WW2 UK, as in strong but crippled now due to lack of ... country.

Also, no matter who is the USA of the Alliance, I doubt any nation is Latvia... maybe the Pandaren, but I'd count them as Malta.

Anyway, I think other nations are something akin to France, Germany, the UK, as in, nations that while not as strong, still quite strong enough to impose their will when they desire to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    please don't post anymore, you are so dense it hurts @Snowraven.
    I'm glad to hear that, means I won the argument, since you have no relevant counter to my point and resort to attacking me, the poster, instead.
    So thanks

Actually... during the retaking of the Echo Isles we saw Bwotswandi or what's his name.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    DISCLAIMER: I am primarily an Alliance player and this bugs me.

I don't know if this has been posted before but it kind of bugs me that Anduin automatically becomes "High King" of the Alliance. He is the prince of the humans of Stormwind, but not the prince of everyone else. I feel like Varian's appointment as leader of the Alliance was warranted by his experience and prowess as a strategist and skilled warrior. Anduin barely has any experience leading, and that is paltry when compared to the likes of Velen and Tryande who have had thousands of years of experience, and wisdom, and, well a lot of things that Anduin doesn't have. He shouldn't be the leader of the Alliance. I see people complaining about Slyvanas' appointment by Vol'Jin as the new leader of the Horde and to me that makes more sense than Anduin becoming the leader of the Alliance just because he was the son of Varian. The Alliance is, well, an alliance, not a monarchy. There shouldn't have been some dynastic transfer of power.

/endrant
    Stormwind is a monarch and the humans are leaders of the alliance.

/onesentenceisallittook

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    You raised a good point and it made me question something. Are humans truly the USA of the Alliance anymore? In the end, over the last expansions, they're the ones who had the worst losses. Meanwhile, the dwarves got quite a few forces with the Wildhammer and Dark Iron joining them fully. The dwarves also are the ones building most of the machines of war used by the Alliance, from tanks to rifles. Dwarves have quite some political power too.

Honestly, I believe that if Stormwind was the USA, Khaz Modan would also be the USA power-wise. Night elves can be Germany. Worgen can be WW2 UK, as in strong but crippled now due to lack of ... country.
    Dwarves are not very populous. Dwarves and Gnomes build a lot of stuff, but the resourcing seem to come from Stormwind. The trade, the shipyards, the lumber, the food and the manpower. And the Magic.

The Dwarves have always been depicted as the natural allies and auxiliaries of the Humans. Even recently the Council of Three Hammers was created when Varian intervened, marched into Ironforge and settled the political dispute for the Dwarves at basically "gun point".

As lore/fiction character, the Dwarves are like a Scottish/German hybrid thingy, both nations known for the industriousness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Absolute Monarchy is not the best system ever used due to the fact that the heir of a good monarch can still be a retard. In this case it's not the case 100%, but there have been examples in history where after a good king/queen their heir came into power and destroyed most of what they built. Why? Because in an absolute monarchy, he could do that.

Also, no matter who is the USA of the Alliance, I doubt any nation is Latvia... maybe the Pandaren, but I'd count them as Malta.

Anyway, I think other nations are something akin to France, Germany, the UK, as in, nations that while not as strong, still quite strong enough to impose their will when they desire to do so.

I'm glad to hear that, means I won the argument, since you have no relevant counter to my point and resort to attacking me, the poster, instead.
    So thanks

Actually... during the retaking of the Echo Isles we saw Bwotswandi or what's his name.
    It is the best, hell it is nigh perfect. Kings never rule alone, they have advisors. Bad king can be easily taken down by people, unlike in democracy and other shites of the same stench. Even the worst kind of king wishes to leave a prospering country o his heir, unless he is sick but then advisors take control. It is when kings power starts to get dilluted problem arise.