10+ Year Old Account

Question Val'kyr lore fault

Back in late WotLK or early Cataclysm, Sylvanas siezed control over the remaining four Val'kyr, after we had killed LK.

In a questline in Silverpine, we learned that there was only four left, and no chance of more.... EVER..

Yet, during Broken Shores scenario, we clearly see FIVE Val'kyr come flying in..
    Where did that last one come from?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Then it'll surprise you that Sylvanas will literally visit the home / creation location of Valkyrs on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaucho- View Post
    Then it'll surprise you that Sylvanas will literally visit the home / creation location of Valkyrs on Azeroth.
    I didn't play beta, so I have no knowledge about that, but assuming it's true.....
    That lies in the future, which means there should still only be four (or didn't one actually die at some point??) at this time..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Back in late WotLK or early Cataclysm, Sylvanas siezed control over the remaining four Val'kyr, after we had killed LK.

In a questline in Silverpine, we learned that there was only four left, and no chance of more.... EVER..

Yet, during Broken Shores scenario, we clearly see FIVE Val'kyr come flying in..
    One of them could have been a lesser Val'kyr, or all of them.

Back in late WotLK or early Cataclysm, Sylvanas siezed control over the remaining four Val'kyr
    Wasn't that be 7 Val'Kyrs and one of those 7 takes place of Sylvanas? that would make 6 left.

Quote Originally Posted by nerv234 View Post
    Wasn't that be 7 Val'Kyrs and one of those 7 takes place of Sylvanas? that would make 6 left.
    She started with 9 one sacrificed herself in Icecreown, so 8 left. During the Silverpine campaign she lost 3, down to 5 and one was killed by the Alliance in Andorhal so 4 major Val'kyr left, but there could have been lesser Val'kyr at the broken shore.

Quote Originally Posted by nerv234 View Post
    After the defeat of Arthas there were 9 Val'kyr left. One sacrificed herself to save Sylvanas when they made their pact, leaving 8. Later in the Silverpine starting quest zone Sylvanas gets killed and 3 Val'kyr sacrifice themselves which means 5 were left. During the Battle of Andorhal one the Val'kyr is killed by the Alliance, thus leaving only 4 at the start of Legion.

I guess either the number of Val'kyr has been retconned or the broken shore cinematic is non-canonical

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    After the defeat of Arthas there were 9 Val'kyr left. One sacrificed herself to save Sylvanas when they made their pact, leaving 8. Later in the Silverpine starting quest zone Sylvanas gets killed and 3 Val'kyr sacrifice themselves which means 5 were left. During the Battle of Andorhal one the Val'kyr is killed by the Alliance, thus leaving only 4 at the start of Legion.

I guess either the number of Val'kyr has been retconned or the broken shore cinematic is non-canonical
    Why is everyone ignoring the lesser Val'kyr?

I guess we have to ask Blizzard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Why is everyone ignoring the lesser Val'kyr?
    I don't think I recall lesses Val'kyr. In Edge of Night the Val'kyr themselves state: "These are
    my sister battlemaidens, and we are the only nine who remain."

Where do the lesser Val'kyr come from ?

10+ Year Old Account
    You're thinking of greater Val'kyr, the greater Val'kyr can summon/sire lesser ones.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lesser_Val%27kyr
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-08-15 at 09:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Where do the lesser Val'kyr come from ?
    Ah, found them. It could explain them but to be honest lesser Val'kyr seem like a really bad plot device. It also makes you wonder why Sylvanas would go to so much trouble in Legion if here Val'kyr can just spawn little ones. She just has to make sure she doesn't die herself.

Ah, found them. It could explain them but to be honest lesser Val'kyr seem like a really bad plot device. It also makes you wonder why Sylvanas would go to so much trouble in Legion if here Val'kyr can just spawn little ones. She just has to make sure she doesn't die herself.
    Because only the Main Val'kyr can bring her back and have most likely their limits on how many lesser ones can be spawned, so they are limited but if she gets the ability to create more powerful ones the most important forsaken resource wouldn't be as scarce anymore.