Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Hey guys if you like NMS you should check out this game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLtmEjqzg7M

LUL
    anyone whos played it does it look remotely like that? people say theyve been on dead planets but looking at acouple sites theres also planets thats 90% water or an abundance of plant life. anyone find a planet with alot of animal life?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Yes, i have managed to find a planet that looked 90% like what the video showed, no butterflies though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by srathgar View Post
    Yes, i have managed to find a planet that looked 90% like what the video showed, no butterflies though!
    Lucky you. 14 hours in and all I got is a green desert or a purple desert with tentacles, like some hentai space fantasy.

Just started up the game for the first time. For the love of Lord Illidan, give us a way to kill mouse smoothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Just started up the game for the first time. For the love of Lord Illidan, give us a way to kill mouse smoothing.
    That should be in the next patch, in some form.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Played for an hour and a half. It ran okay until I got into space. Then it started lagging like hell. I landed on a space station and it got even worse. I tried returning to the planet but it kept lagging like I was playing on a Windows 98 machine. I'm waiting until that patch comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    anyone whos played it does it look remotely like that? people say theyve been on dead planets but looking at acouple sites theres also planets thats 90% water or an abundance of plant life. anyone find a planet with alot of animal life?
    Yes. My starting planet was almost looking like that and I also had alot of flying creatures. I also saw a few lush and very foresty planets with alot of life. It's a matter of luck and VERY IMPORTANT matter of the star you visit!
    The problem with this game and people is that everyone expects to have a planet like in the trailer, but the game randomly (not completely randomly) generates planets... it's like expecting Legendary drop on the first killed mob. The game has alot of hidden clues, but I think these clues are waaayy too hidden. There are star types which heavily determine the type of planets you have! Many people won't discover that and judge that the game sucks

If you want a lush, dense forest planets with alot of life please read this:
    Yellow Stars/Class G or F
    These are the default star systems you can travel to from the start of the game. Mostly basic resources can be be found on the planets present within them, and a lot of the planets are barren.

Red Stars/Class K or M
    You need a warp reactor sigma upgrade to travel to these stars. Planets will have slightly rarer resources on them, and more planets will be habited with fauna and flora.

Green Stars/Class E
    You need warp reactor tau upgrade to have the ability to travel to these systems. They contain even rarer resources and even more planets will be tropical/lush.

Blue Stars/Class B or O
    You need a warp reactor theta upgrade to travel to these systems. Planets will have a chance of having even the rarest resources on them, and a higher chance of being lush with plentiful plant and animal life.

In my experience, by default the waypoints to the center, Atlas interference, and black holes only traverse the yellow stars, so by following the path you will only be seeing the lower tier systems. I think it's a way to reward players for venturing off the beaten track, but I'm not certain.

Keep in mind, this is only information from my experience. But to me, it seems that the higher tier systems have a higher chance of having more lush planets with rarer resources.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...ae&sh=498983b4
    tl:dr; - If you want lush, tropical planets, focus on warping to Red, Green and Blue stars, ignore the path to the center of the galaxy, it will update itself all the time. Mentioned stars have the highest chances for such planets.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-08-15 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    It's very easy. Properly optimized database structure + proper code and that's it. All is rendered on the players PC and is being rendered and derendered on the flow. You can learn programming and do this in a browser just to get an idea.
    if you've watched rick and morty its like when they're captured by the scam aliens with the holographic shizzle that renders where u go to and derenders where you've been

I put my money where my mouth is and bought the game. I wanted to wait for a price drop but I'm impatient and didn't want to wait too long to play the game.

So far it's confusing as fuck. It tells me I need to craft things but it doesn't tell me how. Right now I need to craft antimatter so I can leave the system I'm in and one of the ingredients is electron vapor but it doesn't tell me how to make it. I have no 'recipe' that tells me what I need.

Also inventory management is a pain in the arse. I have 13 slots on my suit and 15 on my ship and these are not enough by far.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I put my money where my mouth is and bought the game. I wanted to wait for a price drop but I'm impatient and didn't want to wait too long to play the game.

So far it's confusing as fuck. It tells me I need to craft things but it doesn't tell me how. Right now I need to craft antimatter so I can leave the system I'm in and one of the ingredients is electron vapor but it doesn't tell me how to make it. I have no 'recipe' that tells me what I need.

Also inventory management is a pain in the arse. I have 13 slots on my suit and 15 on my ship and these are not enough by far.
    Explore your first planets, you will find alot of droppods with veery cheap inventory slot upgrades. Alot of them. Just patiently explore, walk alot, enjoy. Some people are able to maximize their inventory slots (48) in their starting star system.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-08-15 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Appears to be running on a modded Unity engine

This really pisses me off.

Yea we've seen trailers that embellish the final product a bit (Witcher 3 even), but this? This doesn't even exist in the game as far as I've seen. It's a lush planet with dynamic wildlife and feels alive. All I've found so far are planets that feel as dead as the soul of the guys who marketed this.
    THIS JUST IN

e3 tech/game demos might and mostly do not end up in the final game. Despite happening since 2002 people are somehow STILL suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Explore your first planets, you will find alot of droppods with veery cheap inventory slot upgrades. Alot of them. Just patiently explore, walk alot, enjoy. Some people are able to maximize their inventory slots (48) in their starting star system.
    I found one on my first planet. Haven't found any more. Also the game just crashed on me when I loaded my save

Edit: just found one, woohoo. The early system I've found seems pretty harsh, everything's toxic or radioactive and there's not much life.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2016-08-15 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Played for an hour and a half. It ran okay until I got into space. Then it started lagging like hell. I landed on a space station and it got even worse. I tried returning to the planet but it kept lagging like I was playing on a Windows 98 machine. I'm waiting until that patch comes out.
    I haven't had any performance issues so far to be fair. All settings on max, all I got was fps drops at the very start of the game in the opening sequence.

The only annoying this is texture popping, but that's just the game and not my rig.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

The "quest" system will tell you to return to an Alien you talked earlier, he will reward you with an Antimatter that will allow you to jump to next system. Once you get there, the quest will tell you to break in a factory where you can grab the recipe to build more.

Yeah inventory is the low side for me as well, I guess is intended to avoid hoarding. Just keep mostly Iron, Carbon, Zinc, Thamius9 (or whatever is the name), Plutonium at least, and one of the blue elements I hadnt in my head now but is fairly used in recipes. All the rest I am mostly selling and when I need, I either go back to farm or buy in the market.

Thanks for the answers guys. Another question: in the screen where you can look at Waypoints Discovered there is a section underneath called Records with several empty check boxes. Every single one of those is empty and has a row of ?????????? next to them. What's that about?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the answers guys. Another question: in the screen where you can look at Waypoints Discovered there is a section underneath called Records with several empty check boxes. Every single one of those is empty and has a row of ?????????? next to them. What's that about?
    Those are specific points of interests (the question marks in green when you walking / flying around) you have to discover iirc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those are for the animals/creatures on the planet. When you discover one it will put a green check mark next to the the box. When you discover them all you can get bunch of money when you upload the finished discovery. You have to click the box with the money amount just below the check marks to upload the complete collection.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

How do you 'discover' them? I've seen loads of animals but I don't get any sort of notification when I go near them.

How do you 'discover' them? I've seen loads of animals but I don't get any sort of notification when I go near them.
    On PC, press and hold F to activate the scanner. Then hover over creatures, plants and objects to scan them.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche