Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    BG's are meaningless. That damage is mostly padding by spamming dots on everything that moves. No different to druids dumping Starfall and topping meters.

The change to UA was inevitable, too many melees crying to Blizzard about not being able to continue their accustomed playstyle, which is stunlocking and killing a cloth caster in two globals, warlocks have a chance to dump multiple UA's which people were still dispelling because they were used to being able to dispell with damage of no consequence

Which is now back to where it was, no one gives a shit about dispelling DOTs any more, so we are back to locks spends time and all their shards on doting up and it's lol-vanish back to full health and kick/sap/stun/kick/you're dead

The crying is coming from players who are used to a warlock being completely helpless with a melee on them. Now the melee have to work slightly, because a warlock has a big health pool and shields and can actually hurt people - so melee have to think about using their stuns and lockouts, rather than mashing a few "I win" keys

The big joke is that anyone dispelling a big UA "stack" (I'm aware they don;t, but lets call it that) deserves to get hurt but they nerf it.

Meanwhile we get the usual bullshit about "being aware" of how a team of demon hunters can literally fly a flag across the map before their opponents get out of the doors, which translates as "we know it's unfair but don't give a shit because DH's are the new teacher's pet for this expac like Death Knights were when they launched"
    dispelling a big UA stack will 1 shot you currently on beta btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP affliction raid boss in battlegrounds, it was fun but it was expected

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    You do realize thats almost 700k hp that people have to chip at right? and as for interupting, not gonna happen with a dot class and when they do have to cast they can just pop UE.
    Ua drain and fear. If you cant kick those your reaction time is way too slow. Also 700k is like a few globals. Meanwile dp is a 2min cd and the shield takes 40 seconds to max out. Locks do a lot of damage, but if you cant train one it is because you need practice, not because theya re op.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Ua drain and fear. If you cant kick those your reaction time is way too slow. Also 700k is like a few globals. Meanwile dp is a 2min cd and the shield takes 40 seconds to max out. Locks do a lot of damage, but if you cant train one it is because you need practice, not because theya re op.
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted here, nice try troll

That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted here, nice try troll
    On beta, 700k is indeed a few globals.

Good, affliction was fucking broken.

On beta, 700k is indeed a few globals.
    You do realize we're talking about live

Deleted
    Meanwhile the destro template makes Chaosbolt hit for around 60k...
    So all you do is spamming conflag, immolate and then shadowburn cause it still hits for 50k+ as an instant for only 1 shard that is some good balancing right there.

Now for the main topic:
    About the affliction nerfs saying that affliction are fine cause they have good results on Beta isn’t saying me anything, as far as I know the pvp template change were only on live and not on beta.
    Or am I wrong that they actually updated the pvp template on beta even doe their main focus atm are the live servers?

You do realize we're talking about live
    he wasn't. 700k is what you get on beta, not on live, for warlock shields.

demon skin gives 20% of max hp, so about 125k for live, and 80% of pet hp, which is another 160k tops.
    280k can actually be a few globals on live. It definitely doesn't last long if there are more than one on you.

Deleted
    he wasn't. 700k is what you get on beta, not on live, for warlock shields.

demon skin gives 20% of max hp, so about 125k for live, and 80% of pet hp, which is another 160k tops.
    280k can actually be a few globals on live. It definitely doesn't last long if there are more than one on you.
    Ok, so you cut trough the Warlocks Shield, grats i guess? Now on to its 640k hp which is more then Fury Warriors who take 30%+ damage get.

Quote Originally Posted by vexew View Post
    Ok, so you cut trough the Warlocks Shield, grats i guess? Now on to its 640k hp which is more then Fury Warriors who take 30%+ damage get.
    Because everyone play a fury warrior? What is your point. The game is not balanced around duels. Warlcoks get trained into the ground. You can kick or stun them long enough to break the shields, then the shields dont come bsck, but you keep getting to train them. A few weeks ago a lock could out regenerate. They had 16% versatility like everyone else, fast sheild regen and more damage. Now they dont have any of those things, so get stomped pretty easily. Play a real spec like arms if thats all your complaint is

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkenqt View Post
    Meanwhile the destro template makes Chaosbolt hit for around 60k...
    So all you do is spamming conflag, immolate and then shadowburn cause it still hits for 50k+ as an instant for only 1 shard that is some good balancing right there.

Now for the main topic:
    About the affliction nerfs saying that affliction are fine cause they have good results on Beta isn’t saying me anything, as far as I know the pvp template change were only on live and not on beta.
    Or am I wrong that they actually updated the pvp template on beta even doe their main focus atm are the live servers?
    Beta is also filled with a bunch of bad pvpers. If tyere were 1000 gladiators testing this shit i might care what someone says, but from my beta play, and yes i have gotten glad as a warlock multiple times, warlock damage was strong but their mobility and survivabilty in bgs was terrible. It isnt even worth playing really, you just get trained.

Deleted
    Because everyone play a fury warrior? What is your point. The game is not balanced around duels. Warlcoks get trained into the ground. You can kick or stun them long enough to break the shields, then the shields dont come bsck, but you keep getting to train them. A few weeks ago a lock could out regenerate. They had 16% versatility like everyone else, fast sheild regen and more damage. Now they dont have any of those things, so get stomped pretty easily. Play a real spec like arms if thats all your complaint is
    What the hell?
    You think taking 30%+ more damage is not totally crippling anywhere except in just a duel where self-heals is all you got?
    30%+ damage taken greatly affects the amount of pressure on your healer.
    Play a real class, like Mage instead of Warlock, complaining about being trained as Warlock? Wtf? What's next, you gonna complain that water is wet?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Beta is also filled with a bunch of bad pvpers. If tyere were 1000 gladiators testing this shit i might care what someone says, but from my beta play, and yes i have gotten glad as a warlock multiple times, warlock damage was strong but their mobility and survivabilty in bgs was terrible. It isnt even worth playing really, you just get trained.
    You act like soul leech doesn't work in combat. You do realize that it's not true? You get, like, 10% of damage done as a shield, that what makes warlock extremely tanky, not demon skin 20% extra "health". Not trying to argue about "fairness" of this, but you seem either oblivious or deliberately acting like it doesn't exist

- - - Updated - - -

It's not 640k, because he will get 1% of shield back (at least 1k per second) + whatever his damage output is /10
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

What the hell?
    You think taking 30%+ more damage is not totally crippling anywhere except in just a duel where self-heals is all you got?
    30%+ damage taken greatly affects the amount of pressure on your healer.
    Play a real class, like Mage instead of Warlock, complaining about being trained as Warlock? Wtf? What's next, you gonna complain that water is wet?
    Someone is butthurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You act like soul leech doesn't work in combat. You do realize that it's not true? You get, like, 10% of damage done as a shield, that what makes warlock extremely tanky, not demon skin 20% extra "health". Not trying to argue about "fairness" of this, but you seem either oblivious or deliberately acting like it doesn't exist

- - - Updated - - -

It's not 640k, because he will get 1% of shield back (at least 1k per second) + whatever his damage output is /10
    It isn't 1%, it was nerfed to .5% in pvp. ANd no I never said I didn't get it from damage, but if my dot ticks for 5k, it isn't that much extra hp, when I'm getting crit for 50k+. perspective please.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't 1%, it was nerfed to .5% in pvp. ANd no I never said I didn't get it from damage, but if my dot ticks for 5k, it isn't that much extra hp, when I'm getting crit for 50k+. perspective please.
    It isn't that much, but it still should be count towards. Your dots don't always tick on one person. Also, when healers dispel your UA - you get almost full shield instantly, and drain life gets much more useful when you count soul leech in. It boggles my mind when people complain about demon skin but only count it as "20% hp shield".
    It's like with shadow priests and their VT healing. When you have this crap on 3 players, and you get HoTs from a druid rolling on you - it feels like you are invincible
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It isn't that much, but it still should be count towards. Your dots don't always tick on one person. Also, when healers dispel your UA - you get almost full shield instantly, and drain life gets much more useful when you count soul leech in. It boggles my mind when people complain about demon skin but only count it as "20% hp shield".
    It's like with shadow priests and their VT healing. When you have this crap on 3 players, and you get HoTs from a druid rolling on you - it feels like you are invincible
    You can say this shit all day long. The reality is when 2 melee get on you and take turns stunning and kicking you, the only thing you can reaply get off is instants, and you die. It has always been this bad. In fact it was worse when there was no limit to pushback. Ive had 5 second fear casts in tbd, but i have more utility to defend myself, and i still had to rely on a druid to help peel. Warlock and priest are the two easist classes to train. If you sit on either and they dont hsve helpl you will kill them. Sure msybe not 1v1, but this game isnt balanced for thst and we arent talking that. In a bg if you get swapped to, you will get shut down and skull fucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can say this shit all day long. The reality is when 2 melee get on you and take turns stunning and kicking you, the only thing you can reaply get off is instants, and you die. It has always been this bad. In fact it was worse when there was no limit to pushback. Ive had 5 second fear casts in tbd, but i have more utility to defend myself, and i still had to rely on a druid to help peel. Warlock and priest are the two easist classes to train. If you sit on either and they dont hsve helpl you will kill them. Sure msybe not 1v1, but this game isnt balanced for thst and we arent talking that. In a bg if you get swapped to, you will get shut down and skull fucked.
    So, you are talking about 2v1 scenario then? When 2 melee attack you, lone warlock, and complain that you can't beat them?

So, you are talking about 2v1 scenario then? When 2 melee attack you, lone warlock, and complain that you can't beat them?
    I dot know what you arent getting here. Ever class except priests and warlocks have an escape mechanism. Warlocks are said to be a tank caster, per blizzard. If you are going to make them a tank caster then they have to be effective while tanking. No one would expect a mage to stand there and cast while getting drilled, the would snare and blink, or get frost lock then sheep on arcane. A warlock has onpy shadow, a warlock has no escapes, and a warlocks shields get burned through quick enough that they are laid bare to being trained. They either need to give locks mobily (and priests) or make them tankier.

for fucks sake, affliction is the only pvp spec ive seen where they too the versatilty away. Everyone else has 12%+ and affliction is on 3%? So much for being a tank class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dot know what you arent getting here. Ever class except priests and warlocks have an escape mechanism. Warlocks are said to be a tank caster, per blizzard. If you are going to make them a tank caster then they have to be effective while tanking. No one would expect a mage to stand there and cast while getting drilled, the would snare and blink, or get frost lock then sheep on arcane. A warlock has onpy shadow, a warlock has no escapes, and a warlocks shields get burned through quick enough that they are laid bare to being trained. They either need to give locks mobily (and priests) or make them tankier.

for fucks sake, affliction is the only pvp spec ive seen where they too the versatilty away. Everyone else has 12%+ and affliction is on 3%? So much for being a tank class.
    I don't get why you think warlocks, out of all classes should be able to tank multiple melee. They can effectively tank 1 player. You expect them to tank two players, like tank specs do. Yes, they are "tank casters", but not in terms of being balanced around, but in terms of gameplay. It's your gameplay, you don't run away from danger, you suck it up and fight through it.
    Warlock doesn't need to escape, that's why it's important to keep his spells in one category, so you actually can shut them down. It would be OP if you were to pummel a warlocks drain life at his 100% health and 10% shield, just for him to keep standing and attacking you while still gaining shield back (which is basically, wasting an interrupt). Yeah, chain CC sucks, but that's why DRs are there. If your opponents combine their multiple CC to kill you - you've got outplayed. That's it.

And i want to repeat - warlocks are not supposed to 2v1 melees just because they don't have mobility. They are tanky enough to take beating for about a minute against a melee, if by that time warlock couldn't kill a melee who has almost (comparable to warlock) zero self-healing, that's LTP issue. I've yet to see an affliction warlock reliably losing to a (read, 1v1) melee. When you say "but the game is not balanced around 1v1s!" it goes both ways. If it's 3v3 and for some dumb reason its 2 melee, and warlock gets trained - two of warlocks allies have all the time in the world to do anything.

Jeez, it pisses me off more than one random warrior newbie on RBG raid who blamed blizzard for a loss because "i'm in a tank spec i'm not supposed to die, but i died to two a rogue and a feral anyways"

Don't forget the best part about the Warlock shield not even being magical so it cannot be dispelled/spell-stolen like every other barrier spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    Good, affliction was fucking broken.
    You mean to say Warlocks topping every BG damage chart every single game mashing "1-2-3-Tab" repeatedly while being unholy unstoppable supermen in self-healing and defenses ISN'T fair and balanced...?

I wish Blizzard would get that memo.
    Last edited by Torais; 2016-08-18 at 08:58 AM.