Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oh thank fuck. Have you any idea how boring it was running through BRF, HFC and highmaul several dozen times without even being able to get a piece of transmog gear? Let alone an upgrade.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I'm seeing in this thread is "hardcore" raiders bitch and moan. Blizzard doesn't care about the "hardcore crowd", if bringing LFR back to Cata/MoP gear wise keeps more subscribers, well tough shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    All I'm seeing in this thread is "hardcore" raiders bitch and moan. Blizzard doesn't care about the "hardcore crowd", if bringing LFR back to Cata/MoP gear wise keeps more subscribers, well tough shit.
    This is one internet warrior i wont be adding to my daughters 3ds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Sadly LFR is going back to give retards good rewards :/
    You seriously need to see someone about that ego of yours, and that goes for everyone else that is also so heavily invested in what others might achieve.

Them gaining a tier re-color doesnt affect you in any way if you dont raid LFR. It does however affect them and making them happier.

LFR releases weeks after the normal raid difficulties, there is no need to go in there if you are raiding normally, and if your raid leader requires it, well you better be like top 10 progression raiders trying to get world first, because otherwise, it seriously doesnt matter, and even then it doesnt matter.

The enjoyment of the many trumps the enjoyment of the few, stop trying to make the game worse.

Good news. WoD's LFR felt uninspiring with the gear drops looking no better than that of regular dungeon runs, where as MoP's LFR had me excited and feeling like I was really playing the end game. I would've given Normal mode a shot had I found groups that didn't demand ridiculous ilvl from me.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    You seriously need to see someone about that ego of yours, and that goes for everyone else that is also so heavily invested in what others might achieve.

Them gaining a tier re-color doesnt affect you in any way if you dont raid LFR. It does however affect them and making them happier.

LFR releases weeks after the normal raid difficulties, there is no need to go in there if you are raiding normally, and if your raid leader requires it, well you better be like top 10 progression raiders trying to get world first, because otherwise, it seriously doesnt matter, and even then it doesnt matter.

The enjoyment of the many trumps the enjoyment of the few, stop trying to make the game worse.
    1) LFR is not an "achievement" nobody is achieving anything in there as you can right click boss and win tier gear
    2) If you just want tier recolors then we can just disable any tier bonuses on the gear and you will be ok with that right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Good news. WoD's LFR felt uninspiring with the gear drops looking no better than that of regular dungeon runs, where as MoP's LFR had me excited and feeling like I was really playing the end game. I would've given Normal mode a shot had I found groups that didn't demand ridiculous ilvl from me.
    MoPs LFR was also slightly harder. WoDs LFR was done right. Give shitty rewards equal to the amount of effort you had to put in to beat the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    There's really no hope at this point. Basically, the genre(AAA MMO) is in it's twilight and things are really only going to get more and more stupid easy and overly casual. Warcraft had it's glory days of countless subscriptions and hardcore content but it's over now and we're going to slowly wind down.
    WoW was never hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    The problem is idiots who deal around 5k dps (on main target, I mind you, in HFC I've never seen 'casual' crowd killing adds) and still think they deserve tier gear and trinkets, while geared guys with 80+ k dps carry them through this shit.
    If normal is deserving, LFR is.
    No need for this petty arbitrary distinction between the two that deems LFR not worthy and every other format is.
    Mythic is the only complete encounter, so if people want to start that petty "real raiding" argument, then do it properly.
    Mythic, and everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    1) LFR is not an "achievement" nobody is achieving anything in there as you can right click boss and win tier gear
    2) If you just want tier recolors then we can just disable any tier bonuses on the gear and you will be ok with that right?
    1, You are not achieving anything there, others might.
    2, Sure, as long as we take any stats from Mythic gear while we're at it. If you can clear Mythic bosses you don't need the upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    WoW was never hardcore.
    You obviously didn't clear Sunwell or Naxx 40 during progression.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

They don't have to change the game. They just have to link the LFR lockout to every other lockout. Do LFR locked out of Normal/Heroic/Mythic but they wont do that because they want the odd raiders that get unlucky to carry people in LFR. This is called being tactical. Underhanded as all hell, but tactical.
    it's the other way around actually they want to force players that are actually fine by doing lfr alone into pugs and guilds, why don't lfr award the title or the mounts?

Lfr provide a raid environment were you don't need to deal with guild schedule, rules and drama or shitty pugs and many peoples who prior lfr raided with guilds finally found a way to raid without coping with those bad aspect of raiding, you can bet that if blizzard do a lfr version of normal/hero and even mythic that would be the most successful feature ever introduced.

Anyway blizzard being retarded is what put lfr in an awkward position, it should have it's lookout shared with all the other difficulties and set bonus and trinkets should be usable only to progress in lfr or in open world activity, it's a easy doable change that don't require any incredible work from blizzard side and could easily cut any discussion at it's root.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

MoPs LFR was also slightly harder. WoDs LFR was done right. Give shitty rewards equal to the amount of effort you had to put in to beat the bosses.
    lfr is raiding and should award tier, trinket, title and mounts i know you are salty cuz most peoples prefer lfr than being in a shitty guild fueling peoples ego but hey guilds are obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If normal is deserving, LFR is.
    No need for this petty arbitrary distinction between the two that deems LFR not worthy and every other format is.
    Mythic is the only complete encounter, so if people want to start that petty "real raiding" argument, then do it properly.
    Mythic, and everything else.
    This is not true.

In normal you construct your own raid of(for most guilds) equal minded and closer skilled people.
    You help eachother through the encounters and you replace the people who do 5k dps.

Lfr is just a bunch of random people put together where half of them sits afk and the other half carries it by overgearing it.

Two completely different things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This is not true.

In normal you construct your own raid of(for most guilds) equal minded and closer skilled people.
    You help eachother through the encounters and you replace the people who do 5k dps.

Lfr is just a bunch of random people put together where half of them sits afk and the other half carries it by overgearing it.

Sooo the same as all those Group finder pugs then?

You obviously didn't clear Sunwell or Naxx 40 during progression.
    Vanilla was childsplay compared to other mmos at the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    SNIP
    This is among the worst logic i've ever seen on MMO-C
    For real.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This is not true.

Or in some cases it is the people who overgear it that sits afk because actually doing something useful is beneath them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Sooo the same as all those Group finder pugs then?
    Nothing wrong with a group finder pug, or pugging in general.
    Normal requires people who dont stand as much in fire and has a certain dps requirement. If they dont meet these they get kicked, or the raid doesnt complete the encounter.

In LFR its just ignored and people win anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Fucking hell, not this shit again. I guess we'll get to boost 5 lucky players in the first few weeks.
    lfr open with mythic so many week after normal and heroic are available.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Or in some cases it is the people who overgear it that sits afk because actually doing something useful is beneath them.
    This is also true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Vanilla was childsplay compared to other mmos at the time.
    Hi, I actually raided in 2 other MMO's in that period and I can tell you that this is not true at all. This is a statement that bad EQ players said to justify not leaving EQ. Hardcore EQ raiders abandoned EQ like you wouldn't believe when WoW came out. Afterlife even wrote a major goodbye EQ thread during WoW beta about how polished and working Warcraft was when compared to EQ even during it's beta.

We ran to WoW with arms open because EQ was a buggy nightmare and the only thing "hardcore" was the fact that it wasn't instanced and there was a more harsh death penalty. So stop using that stupid line. I was actually there.

Wednesday, May 5, 2004

Posted by Thott

Goodbye EQ, Hello WoW
    EQ died months ago, but we're tenacious. Like kids with a can, we've played "kick the dead horse" night after night. Then we realized that we'd have more fun eating the EQ CD's than playing what they contain.

Afterlife will no longer be playing EQ. We'd rather watch TV than play EQ. Even if the TV is off. We'd rather go fishing than play EQ. Even without beer.

Making the decision easy is World of Warcraft. While EQ is plagued by bugs, with every quest broken to begin and end game encounters working only by accident, WoW, even in beta, is essentially bug free. I've personally done hundreds of quests in WoW, and they all worked. I haven't done that many working quests in EQ, and I've been playing it for 6 years.

World of Warcraft has thus neatly replaced our previous addiction: sleeping.

Afterlife is now a World of Warcraft guild. "

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-08-15 at 11:36 AM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...