Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Blood plague, DS requires 4-5 rune-generating abilties before only 1 use, so both of these are reactive and take some time to get rolling.
    Did...did you just try to argue that Blood Plague is a reactive ability that takes time to get rolling?

7+ Year Old Account
    People ranting about a specc designed for another expansion and with incomplete builds, how lovely.

I fucking love the new blood. How can you complain in the same sentence that active healing is gone and that death strike requires a ton of RP? Proper use of DS is extremely important and getting those 200k heals is sexy as fuck. Plus our damage is insane and our AoE is hilariously strong.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay.

I more or less miss the old model where blood DKs were mostly self sufficient.

Other than that I don't see 6 death runes being much different than what we had in WoD. You rarely paid attention to runes in WoD anyway. Personally aside from the healing being tied to damage in WoD, the only thing I liked about WoD blood DK was BoS, which ended up being frustrating when they nerfed it in HFC.

Basically it's just different. Not having CDs aside from VB (which to be fair is super strong) feels really strange.

But hey. We do a lot of damage both ST and AoE compared to other tanks. Hilariously enough, even though we only have one true defensive CD, I'd say that means we are pretty strong if we can live with just having one.

I feel that the one thing they did do right is actually make haste a stat we actually care about now. If mastery had a value worth obtaining, it would be the most balanced of expansions as far as stats feeling good go. Pretty silly that I can't think of a time where haste was particularly useful, due to how fast our runes came back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the stuff the OP is moaning about in this thread were across the board tanking changes moreso than Blood specific. All tanks had their survivability, cooldowns and self-sufficiency reduced. As a tank player, it seems frustrating on a personal level, but it's overall better for the state of the game. Tank power had got out of control to the point where tank healers were barely even needed. We need to take some steps back to the days when the roles supported each other. A good tank should make a healer's job easier, not remove the need for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Most of the stuff the OP is moaning about in this thread were across the board tanking changes moreso than Blood specific. All tanks had their survivability, cooldowns and self-sufficiency reduced. As a tank player, it seems frustrating on a personal level, but it's overall better for the state of the game. Tank power had got out of control to the point where tank healers were barely even needed. We need to take some steps back to the days when the roles supported each other. A good tank should make a healer's job easier, not remove the need for one.
    Which is a stupid argument that makes no sense outside of a context where literally nobody but the tank ever takes damage.

It's exactly the kind of argument I suppose I've come to expect from blizzard when they justify their bizarre design decisions, though.

Anyway. I'm with the OP, brilliantly articulate as he was. I was going to stick with my DK until I played vengeance DH and realized that it was basically just the neutered new blood DK except way more fun. Though I do miss my death grip...
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Philondra View Post
    Did...did you just try to argue that Blood Plague is a reactive ability that takes time to get rolling?
    Would...you..you...stop stalling like that to try and make your points, it looks really immature. I'm not reading a novel, and I don't think you're writing one.

Deleted
    it will stop blood dks to solo same tier content

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Subjective views are subjective, in other news, fire hot.

I’m personally reserving judgement until i’m 110 with a max level maw of the damned.

People can’t seem to wrap their brains around the fact that no class is tuned properly right now, they’re tuned for level 110, so of course it’ll feel incomplete.
    Incredibly stupid excuse from the Blizzard cheerleader stand.

"Let's make ALL classes suck in the current game! Why? Because they'll feel good at max level that isn't even available yet! Genius!"

aside of losing unholy presence, the main problem is the rework of tanking/healing, not blood specifically. simply put, tanks are no longer supposed to survive on their own, we are there just to play training dummies.

So you logged in, saw that things are different, didn't spend any time at all thinking about it or playing with it seriously, but threw a childish tantrum instead and took to MMO-C to whine about it.

Class.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Bear in mind that this is coming from someone who has last played in MoP so maybe some of these changes happened earlier.

So, I logged in couple of days ago for the first time in quite a while. Decided to level my 90 DK to 100, 94 currently, playing as Blood which is the spec I've played almost exclusively since WotLK.

My reaction after these last few days is WTF Blizzard?

No more presences, no choice to quickly switch between tankiness and movement speed, always drawing tons of aggro.
    All runes fucking same and worst of all, not much to spend them on, rotation is a fucking joke.

No active healing of any kind. Blood tap gone, Death Strike requires tons of RP for every single use.
    So many fucking abilities removed, I guess Blizzard doesn't like us using CDs reactively.

Seriously, fuck this shit, this isn't the class I loved playing many years ago.
    Did you just seriously complain that a tank spec is pulling too much aggro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Vengeance DH feels somewhat similar to old Blood, even if the resource bars are completely different a lot of the feel remains the same. Very simplistic rotation with relatively frequent meaningful choices.

The new blood is an abberation that I'd burn off the face of the planet if I could but some people apparently like it. Not like Blood was much better in WoD with perma blood death runes which was an abberation as well. You're free to reroll if you think Blood is that bad, complaining won't do shit.
    Lots of crying from the self-appointed great DK over here. Though I guess it is you guys that generally hate change and can't adapt and cry about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Let's not pretend like aggro is even a thing anymore since the +500% threat AND comparable damage happened.

Current specs/rotations are built around getting the Artifact weapon once Legion hits. Not only that but you haven't even hit lvl 100 and you're already crying.
    Just quit playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Let's not pretend like aggro is even a thing anymore since the +500% threat AND comparable damage happened.
    I'm just pointing out that him complaining about pulling aggro as a tank is stupid.
    It's like complaining that your damage dealer keeps dealing dmg.
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

I'm just pointing out that him complaining about pulling aggro as a tank is stupid.
    It's like complaining that your damage dealer keeps dealing dmg.
    Not really, all tanks have always had a no/low threat option. Now we've just simply lost the option.

Removing options is in 9/10 cases a bad thing. This is one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    Would...you..you...stop stalling like that to try and make your points, it looks really immature. I'm not reading a novel, and I don't think you're writing one.
    I'm not sure who peed in your rice krispies this morning, but your point has been acknowledged and discarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on his other posts in this thread, I don't think he's very familiar with tanking in general, let alone the spec.

As an exclusively DK tank during wrath, I can't actually believe you have fond memories of the class from Cata onward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    it will stop blood dks to solo same tier content
    eh?

Its not about the class but about the encounter. When did last time DK get first solokill on current tier boss?

IIRC Oregorger was only boss soloed during t17 and nothing during t18?

Oregorger was done by wlock :P

Not really, all tanks have always had a no/low threat option. Now we've just simply lost the option.

Removing options is in 9/10 cases a bad thing. This is one of those.
    How so? In what scenario would you ever want to not have aggro as a tank?
    Only one I can think of is if you want another tank to tank something, which won't be the case since he's not lvl 100 yet (so he's not in any situation where there's more than 1 tank). And even if he wants to lose aggro he wont do it by switching to unholy presence, he will still have the overaggro.

If you want to be able to actually drop aggro, roll a priest or mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Incredibly stupid excuse from the Blizzard cheerleader stand.

"Let's make ALL classes suck in the current game! Why? Because they'll feel good at max level that isn't even available yet! Genius!"
    Except not all classes suck. Every class right now is pretty strong, especially DK's. The only class that's a bit behind are the Demon Hunters.

Also, if you're expecting to do any serious progression in the pre-patch you're a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    I fucking love the new blood. How can you complain in the same sentence that active healing is gone and that death strike requires a ton of RP? Proper use of DS is extremely important and getting those 200k heals is sexy as fuck. Plus our damage is insane and our AoE is hilariously strong.
    Maybe it's my class history, but I'd expect that damage to be nerfed approx 1 week before emerald nightmare/mythic+ launches like last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."