10+ Year Old Account

skilling fishing and archeology

i got first aid and cooking from 1-700 in to time.
    i know there isnt similar way to level fishing and archeology cuz u cant buy mats and just craft, but is there something that could help me level them faster ?
    im quite frightened i have to level fishing from 1 to 700 just by watching and clicking the blobber.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i got first aid and cooking from 1-700 in to time.
    i know there isnt similar way to level fishing and archeology cuz u cant buy mats and just craft, but is there something that could help me level them faster ?
    im quite frightened i have to level fishing from 1 to 700 just by watching and clicking the blobber.
    For fishing, you could focus on the nat pagle friendship thing in pandaria, at a certain rank you can buy +50 bind to account books that grant 50 skill, all the way to 600 I think it is.
    Google nat pagle guide pandaria
    Takes a while, but if you don't like sitting there manually leveling to cap,

The daily fishing quest from the garrison fishing hut awards +15 skill (on top of any you get from fishing).

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can't speed Archeology, except than using the equivalent race stones in Archaeology solves. Check Pandaria faction Lorewalkers for the mantid-only-site spawn item and then you can only keep levelling arch with it (faster than running around various continents for fragments).

You can boost fishing by doing fishing quests in Garrison and Horde Cities for a +30 each day. Can't remember if the dalaran fishing q also awards +fishing, check it out yourself. Faster Pagle rep is by lunkers, since Pandaria Pagle rep is limited to 3 rare fishes per day, but lunker fishing needs +700, so that won't help you. However the books mentioned above are BoA (and extremely expensive). If you got another char with Pagle rep, you can buy them and send to alt.

Deleted
    Yeah the books are very expensive, but the handy thing is, you only need to do it once, then all alts will have access to them via the one with pagle friendship

Deleted
    You don't need 700 Fishing and Archaeology to use them in Legion. The only thing you'd want 800 Fishing for is to get the Fishing Legendary.

As for Archaeology, maybe you need 700+ for the weekly rare quests ? Possibly not, but you can still survey sites just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah well water walking in legion as demon hunter may come in handy, thats why i want to level fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    For fishing, you could focus on the nat pagle friendship thing in pandaria, at a certain rank you can buy +50 bind to account books that grant 50 skill, all the way to 600 I think it is.
    Google nat pagle guide pandaria
    Takes a while, but if you don't like sitting there manually leveling to cap,
    The book is only really useful for alts. You'll need Best Friends status with Nat Pagle to be able to buy them. Doubt you'll reach that before getting to 600 skill.

Easiest, quickest (as in least time spent) and cheapest option is to just do the fishing shack daily everyday. +15 skill from the quest completion on top of whatever skill you gain from fishing for the quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The book is only really useful for alts. You'll need Best Friends status with Nat Pagle to be able to buy them. Doubt you'll reach that before getting to 600 skill.

Easiest, quickest (as in least time spent) and cheapest option is to just do the fishing shack daily everyday. +15 skill from the quest completion on top of whatever skill you gain from fishing for the quest.
    Hence why in reply to that, I said is more handy for alts, as you only need one with the friendship

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You can boost fishing by doing fishing quests in Garrison and Horde Cities for a +30 each day.
    I've been leveling fishing on my DH, currently 280ish. Garrison gives +15, Stormwind +1 and Dalaran no xp at all. But I like fishing and doing fishing stuff. Big problem to me is leveling Arch..

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You can boost fishing by doing fishing quests in Garrison and Horde Cities for a +30 each day.
    Thats wrong. Garrison daily give you +15 but daily from horde city gives you... +1. Its not even worth doing because in time spend traveling to the quest locatiion you could just fishing and get much more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Garrison daily give you +15 but daily from horde city gives you... +1.
    Or +2.

Fishing daily quests:

1. Garrison, +15 fishing, don't have to fish just buy the fish
    2. Capital cities, usually +1 fishing, one daily gives +2
    3. The Anglers, 3 dailies each +1 fishing

I leveled fishing on all my alts without ever fishing anything, just buy stacks of enormous fish from the AH for the daily quest in the garrison

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    City dailies might be worth it anyway because of the chance for a 75 skill lure hat and a 30 skill rod. Plus they only take about a minute to do, so why not? (Nat Pagle has better rods and hats, but getting them is a very time consuming process.)

Can get 1-2 points from the major city fishing daily, 3 points total from the 3 fishing dailies in krasarang and 15 points from the garrison fishing hut daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    Or +2.

Fishing daily quests:

1. Garrison, +15 fishing, don't have to fish just buy the fish
    2. Capital cities, usually +1 fishing, one daily gives +2
    3. The Anglers, 3 dailies each +1 fishing
    What about the Outlands and Northrend fishing, don't they have daily quests?

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but I don't think they give skill. Plus they're much harder and more time consuming at lower skill levels.

Deleted
    Outlands one is handy if crocolisk in the city is the daily, as you might get a battle pet
    NR one is handy for the cooking token/rep drop thing that starts a quest, neither give skill reward though, shame they can't even just add a +1 reward to both of them