Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    It sucks that they removed the staff but if you want it for transmog purposes the staff reward for the Horde version of the broken shore questline is the same model. Again, sucks if you don't have a Horde character that can do it, but unless Blizz readds it to the invasions that's your only option.
    You get all the Broken Shore weapon appearances on both factions for doing it on any character.

I have over 800 Nethershards and still never got a single weapon on my Hunter from the invasions. I gave up and just do the invasions on my alt to level.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    they updated how personal loot rng works, if you have an item already it's not likely to get it double if you still need other items from the loot-pool.

Blizzard does a very fine job and it works great ingame.

Not?
    Yeah, that's for the raid and pvp scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    You get all the Broken Shore weapon appearances on both factions for doing it on any character.
    With a warrior, yes. You only unlock the quest rewards the character who completed the quest can equip.

Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    It sucks that they removed the staff but if you want it for transmog purposes the staff reward for the Horde version of the broken shore questline is the same model. Again, sucks if you don't have a Horde character that can do it, but unless Blizz readds it to the invasions that's your only option.
    Even if he did that, he would only be able to tmog that staff on Horde characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    It's just RNG, don't fret about it.

I've been trying to get all the gear on my alts gradually, my DK and druid have everything, bought the rings/trinkets/neck pieces available and the weapons are fully upgraded.

However my hunter is still missing boots, done a few now and still no boots but she has everything else. I have yet to really start on a clothy.

I'm only really doing these invasions for the experiences, the gear is just a nice easy thing to grind for considering now it's just 10-20 mins of your time. Plus, why worry about getting the weapon, unless you really just want the skin for transmog purposes? Cos otherwise it will get replaced in the first few mins when the expansion actually hits :P I understand if you do want it, but just keep trying
    Generally when "it's just RNG" is used as an argument, it is implied that the chance for any given item is equally likely. In this case it seems the weapons are significantly more rare than other items.

Took about 10 invasions to get my hunter bow but I got 4 more bows in the next 2 invasions I did right after getting it...

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    wait people do these for items ? to actually increase ilvl ? 2 weeks before expansion ?
    Uhm, yes. Higher ilevel = easier leveling. Why on earth would that be a surprise to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    I was doing quite a few invasions on my alt trying to get ilvl 700 staff.

This is what I've got so far:

Just cloth items like chest or shoulders, not even a single weapon. And weapons aren't purchasable at vendor's shop.

Can do only 2 invasions per 4 hours and I don't feel like doing invasions everyday 24/7 until Legion praying to get that 0.1% weapon, so maybe I will get a weapon one day before Legion, lul... so how do we get weapons from invasions? Maybe I was doing something wrong
    Weapons do drop from them. And the attacks will continue and get more 'intense' until the 30th.

Myself, I've already looted 4 weapons (well, 10, but 6 of them was the glaives).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    I was doing quite a few invasions on my alt trying to get ilvl 700 staff.

This is what I've got so far:

Just cloth items like chest or shoulders, not even a single weapon. And weapons aren't purchasable at vendor's shop.

Can do only 2 invasions per 4 hours and I don't feel like doing invasions everyday 24/7 until Legion praying to get that 0.1% weapon, so maybe I will get a weapon one day before Legion, lul... so how do we get weapons from invasions? Maybe I was doing something wrong
    The staff didn't make it from beta to live... I.e. it will not drop for you or anyone else..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Someone stole my staff!
    This stinks!
    This is total BS!
    This is -
    Oh nvm here it is, not in the game anymore.
    Was that a reference that Bulldog did in the Fraiser TV Show ?

Deleted
    There is no Staff and there is no Off-hand. So typical Blizzard! You get a Int Mace and Sword but no Staff /facepalm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    ... 2 armor boxes (including the one for my armor type, as I had no idea they are the FREAKING SAME as the stuff that drops) ....
    When you get the armour pieces out of the boxes I didn't see and "you have collected this appearance" message.

Could it be that the armour set transmogs you buy are because of that, and so you'd still need to buy them anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I can't even get the wand to drop
    Gotten the wand 3 times 2 on priest 1 on lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    When you get the armour pieces out of the boxes I didn't see and "you have collected this appearance" message.

Could it be that the armour set transmogs you buy are because of that, and so you'd still need to buy them anyway?
    The message only shows for epics from my experience. And no, if you have the actual items you don't have to buy the appearance set. I have all but the cloth set appearances unlocked and will have to buy the cloth set because I have no casters to farm them on yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    That's neat, wasn't sure if it worked that way or if it was limited to all quest rewards that character could use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Even if he did that, he would only be able to tmog that staff on Horde characters.
    Well, at least it works for one faction. Here's hoping that they added the removed weapons back in for the Alliance players out there.
    Signature not found

Deleted
    You guys know getting the artifact is literally the first quest you do in Legion, right ?

Do some invasions for your alts if they're in really shitty gear, even that will get replaced before you're even 102 though. A weapon is the last thing you should care about though, unless it's the transmog you're after, but imo they're pretty meh.

Deleted
    Dunno, my DH gets plenty weapons (glaives and axes), I had to grind on my main paladin 5 days till I got a 2handed mace. And guess what? After it it started raining 2h maces

So dare I say, it's RNG?

On a side note, my lock only gets gauntlets from the small invasion chests

But who cares? It's free loot!

You have more patience than me. I did one invasion, got a shitty helm, said "fuck this" and logged off lol. Granted I don't really care much, I just wanted a 1H instead of my staff to use a mythic warforged offhand I got recently. But no biggie, all will get replaced instantly in Legion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    You have more patience than me. I did one invasion, got a shitty helm, said "fuck this" and logged off lol.
    Aye, they become boring very quickly.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Uhm, yes. Higher ilevel = easier leveling.
    because "easier leveling" = getting to 110 30-60 minutes earlier (and then spend 2+ years on 110) is irrelevant

leveling is already extremely easy