Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    When you get the armour pieces out of the boxes I didn't see and "you have collected this appearance" message.
    With boxes I mean the ensembles. You don't get pieces out of those, it adds straight to your wardrobe. The ensemble does display two distinct messages (which I missed completely): "You know some of the appearances granted by this set already" (in blue) if you already have some of the armor and "Already known" (in red) if you have all of it. If you know nothing, there is no tooltip.

You don't get warnings on gear itself unless you use an addon, afaik.

Could it be that the armour set transmogs you buy are because of that, and so you'd still need to buy them anyway?
    I'm not sure what you mean here.

Anyway, I bought the mail ensemble on my hunter, but since all the mail gear drops for me from the event, that was a waste. I should have bought ensembles of armor types that I won't get in the invasions (I can't be bothered to do them with all my alts). Ah well, I'll just need two extra invasions to make up for the 200 nethershards, so it's not that bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    leveling is already extremely easy
    Yet it is still easier, and faster, with higher ilevel. Significantly so when you go from 640 to 700.

It sucks that there are no off-hands. But hey, it's more or less free loot.

- - - Updated - - -

because "easier leveling" = getting to 110 30-60 minutes earlier (and then spend 2+ years on 110) is irrelevant

leveling is already extremely easy
    @ 680 ilvl with premade characters on Beta, mobs in the Broken Isles were NO joke. It's the very reason for why I'm getting 33 characters to 700+ ilvl. They used to be @ 675-685.

15+ Year Old Account
    Man, if this is unbelievable to you, good thing you weren't playing in vanilla for those world drop rates for good epics.

because "easier leveling" = getting to 110 30-60 minutes earlier (and then spend 2+ years on 110) is irrelevant
    Yup, relevant for me and my 12 level 100s. I don't want to be struggling the first day, because my dps sucks and my hp is low. I just want to breeze through. Not because I want to be done quicker, but because I don't like dying while questing. It's a hassle. And since I quit when I get bored, I don't really spend 2+ years on 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Does the 300% thing mean we'll be getting 2 invasions every 80 minutes on tuesday, or 6 invasions every 4 hours, or 6 invasions every 80 minutes? Or do we just not know until Tuesday? I imagine it'll stay at 2, because only 6 zones can be invaded total.
    They said 300% more intense, so it's 100% + 300% = 400%.

But as for whether it's more frequent (i.e., 2 invasions every hour), more occurrences (i.e., 8 invasions every 4 hours), or just more dangerous (i.e., even mini-bosses one-shot mythic raiders), I don't know.

Yeah my mage is maxed out on nethershards and I haven't gotten any staff.
    Working on my warlock now, but mostly just to gank and toss dots on allies with low HP.

I really wish they would add all the invasion weapons to the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    The message only shows for epics from my experience. And no, if you have the actual items you don't have to buy the appearance set. I have all but the cloth set appearances unlocked and will have to buy the cloth set because I have no casters to farm them on yet.
    You know, lowbies (at least level 10) can farm the invasions, as well. Just find a safe spot to park, go away for 15-20 minutes, come back, and you'll have two crates. They can unlock the armor appearances (I hope; I got the cloth shoulders on a lowbie), as well. They just can't use them in xmog until level 98.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    You guys know getting the artifact is literally the first quest you do in Legion, right ?

Do some invasions for your alts if they're in really shitty gear, even that will get replaced before you're even 102 though. A weapon is the last thing you should care about though, unless it's the transmog you're after, but imo they're pretty meh.
    There's still 2 weeks until Legion drops. Once you've run all your alts through the invasions (and I have a level 100 boost I want to use on a server, and then a DH to create, still)--or all the invasions worth it (e.g., I don't much bother with Dun Morogh, because it takes too long to get there, and I have the achievement already)--you've still got to do SOMETHING.

Edit: For myself, I'm planning on aiming for iLvl 700+. I've bought the pet. I don't need the armor ensembles (I believe I have everything, possibly just missing cloth shoulders if my lowbie's getting them didn't unlock the appearance, but eventually my level 100 clothie will get it).

I'm holding off on buying coalesced fel until about the 25th. I want to save as many shards as possible, so I can have two pairs of the warglaives (Horde character and Alliance character).

I've set my lowbies' (the ones I don't save for when I'm unsubbed) hearths to the Shrine, and will go after the four easy-for-Horde areas (Northern Barrens, Azshara, Hillsbrad, and Tanaris). I'm hoping to get most of them to level 90 by the end of the invasions, but I'll settle for just getting them flying (level 60) and maybe even bypassing Outland (possibly Northrend, as well?).

The hardest part is getting upgrades coalesced fel for my two dual-wielders (rogue and soon-to-be-100 enhance shaman). I figure I'll settle for getting one weapon to 725 and the other staying at 700. (After all, my poor warlock is sporting a level-5-of-6 crafted offhand.) Don't have to worry about my two demon hunters, because their weapons are BoA, and you can just mail them to anyone who has excess coalesced fel or a surplus of nethershards.
    Last edited by PragmaticGamer; 2016-08-15 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't even wanna know how many dupes I got on my warrior and she still doesn't have her boots (she does have her 2h mace, though). The bad luck protection is there, but it's never been a very strong influence on loot RNG since its inception. Also, we're about to get them more frequently (I've heard, but can't supply a source, that they'll be spawning every two hours after tomorrow's patch) which will be a huge boost up in how quickly you can gear up, or use them to level alts; on my 94 rogue, I started doing invasions at 91 and leveled up every two invasions, so she'll be cruising to 100 in no time after the patch. Gonna do the same for my other low-level characters; beats doing Draenor again.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure there is no staff
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    You know, lowbies (at least level 10) can farm the invasions, as well. Just find a safe spot to park, go away for 15-20 minutes, come back, and you'll have two crates. They can unlock the armor appearances (I hope; I got the cloth shoulders on a lowbie), as well. They just can't use them in xmog until level 98.
    I know. As I said I already have 3 fully geared characters. But I don't have a level 10 caster. Yet, atleast. I don't think I'll play any cloth-wearers in Legion and I have no time for side activities and characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    they updated how personal loot rng works, if you have an item already it's not likely to get it double if you still need other items from the loot-pool.

Blizzard does a very fine job and it works great ingame.

Not?
    when i missed just the boots for plate set i kept getting anything but the boots so yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joozt View Post
    Whyyyyyy? in like 2 weeks you will have an artifact... the most useless loot is the weapon XD
    transmog maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    When you get the armour pieces out of the boxes I didn't see and "you have collected this appearance" message.

Could it be that the armour set transmogs you buy are because of that, and so you'd still need to buy them anyway?
    you dont, it just doesnt show up for all items the text.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    They said 300% more intense, so it's 100% + 300% = 400%.

But as for whether it's more frequent (i.e., 2 invasions every hour), more occurrences (i.e., 8 invasions every 4 hours), or just more dangerous (i.e., even mini-bosses one-shot mythic raiders), I don't know.
    the end of invasions bosses can like 3shot M tanks.

I got weapon on all alts within the first 2-3 invasion sites
    Mother pus bucket!

I would unsub if I were you. This sort of injustice is not acceptable
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Rewards is one thing. What about the fact that everyone just afk and leech through the entire thing. An event can take up to 20 min now cause no one attacks. And then to top it of. The taunters that evade bug bosses so they reset. Cause they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baline View Post
    Was that a reference that Bulldog did in the Fraiser TV Show ?
    Yup ^^ Was just watching some last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    they will be like every half an hour with more occuring next week. and then it will intensify again.
    "Invading intensifies"

10+ Year Old Account
    I got three of the two hand maces on the first day so just relax RNG is RNG

Deleted
    Haven't heard of any staff, could someone link it?