Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Tip For Levelling Alts

Use invasions.
    I managed to level my Level 10 Druid to level 60 in less than a weekends worth of play time. Literally logging in for invasions and doing a few random dungeons. Didn't do a single quest from level 10 apart from Dungeons.

3 - 4 levels per invasion + scaling loot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Use invasions.
    I managed to level my Level 10 Druid to level 60 in less than a weekends worth of play time. Literally logging in for invasions and doing a few random dungeons. Didn't do a single quest from level 10 apart from Dungeons.

Level 10-60 have taken "less than a weekends worth of play" for quite a few years now...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Level 10-60 have taken "less than a weekends worth of play" for quite a few years now...
    Well, I find this way even quicker.

Depends how you spend your weekends. I think I did 10-60 in around 6 hours played time. Not 100% sure as don't have access to my char at the moment.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2016-08-15 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    At best 20 minutes work every 4 hours. So it might have been less than a weekends worth of play for a while, but now it's less than a day's worth of play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use invasions.

Is that you Asmongler?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ0zQ2Kj8Is
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Would be worth to do invasions between 90 and 100 otherwise its pretty wasteful esp if you don't have flying and must resort to portals / taxis.
    I disagree. Most of the portal invasions are near major cities (Westfall, Dun Morogh, Azshara etc)
    Easy work.

Good video by the way.
    I intend to continue from 60 - 100 doing invasions. Fuck Outland and MoP area.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought you had to be level 100 to do invasions Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I thought you had to be level 100 to do invasions Oo
    Completely scales as of level 10 I believe!

15+ Year Old Account
    Completely scales as of level 10 I believe!
    Bah wish I had known earlier ive been frantically leveling a hunter, guess 84-100 will hopefully go quicker now.

Yeah, it's nice to more or less boost a characyer up with these invations.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're 90+, you can get a level every two invasions if you're loomed out. I find the invasions a lot more fun than a seventh trip through Draenor, tbh.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Bah wish I had known earlier ive been frantically leveling a hunter, guess 84-100 will hopefully go quicker now.
    Gear scales to the equivalent iLvl as if it was an heirloom. Save the crates for when you hit 100, so you have some gear to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    If you're 90+, you can get a level every two invasions if you're loomed out. I find the invasions a lot more fun than a seventh trip through Draenor, tbh.
    Best part is, as the weeks go by the invasions will be occurring far more often then every 4 hours. You'll literally be able to do non stop invasions for all your alts and catch everyone up in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Unfortunately, I didn't buy the heirlooms up to 100. :-(

I may have to consider doing that, because I'm getting about 1/4 of a level per invasion.

I'll have to enchant a bunch of heirlooms before I do, since some enchants only work on iLvl 600 or below.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Unfortunately, I didn't buy the heirlooms up to 100. :-(

I may have to consider doing that, because I'm getting about 1/4 of a level per invasion.

I'll have to enchant a bunch of heirlooms before I do, since some enchants only work on iLvl 600 or below.
    Upgrading the heirloom creates a new one, so enchants are lost.

It would be nice to disagree with a reason other than disagreeing for the sake of forum arguing.

Wasteful: Going to invasion as a lvl 50 leave it as a lvl 51.

Good: Going to invasion as a 90-91-92 leaving as a 91-92-93.

The level disparity is huge. 50 to 51 is 15-20 min dungeons and 90-91 is 2 hours dungeons or questing. Rested exp/artifacts included etc.

your 50 lvl will benefit far more if he waits 10-20 lvls so he can gain more per invasion and fly to all of them.
    Listen dude. I'm not arguing with you for the sake of it. I log in and do invasions and a few randoms. If you want to number crunch it, by all means do it. Not trying to argue, I just posted a tip which I was unaware of at the start.

Deleted
    The best part is that you can just go afk until it's done and do something else. Which is much, much, much better than spamming dungeons and having to play manually in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbubbles17 View Post
    Best part is, as the weeks go by the invasions will be occurring far more often then every 4 hours. You'll literally be able to do non stop invasions for all your alts and catch everyone up in no time!
    Aye. If memory serves, they're doubling in frequency after tomorrow, so my rogue is gonna fly to 100 in no time flat.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Would be worth to do invasions between 90 and 100 otherwise its pretty wasteful esp if you don't have flying and must resort to portals / taxis.
    ah but you can do it with higher level friends that can take you to them and it mobs phase to each other's levels while doing it. also get xp for every mob killed. Actually more for the random mobs in the cities versus traveling out to kill the named ones for shards.
    Also recount now adjusts the dps so the low level sees his buddies dps at his levels dps and the higher level sees both adjusted to his level my friend said my level 20 hunter was doing more than his 100 mage. And yes I went from 20 to level 60 and all I did was invasions sat and sun.
    Also if level 90 or higher and have a garrison can buy the potion to give you extra xp from the guy that sells the missives in the garrison for 100 garrison resources. Get 20% more xp, lasts an hour, and lasts thru deaths . Just need a level 2 garrison to buy it.
    Took a 93 to 100 doing the invasions too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    The best part is that you can just go afk until it's done and do something else. Which is much, much, much better than spamming dungeons and having to play manually in my book.
    But get way more xp killing the mobs that spawn in the city some give over 1k xp and lots of them spawn

Wouldn't you like to benefit more per invasion? Thats all Im trying to do here. As usual its a waste trying to help so ye you re right man get your level 10 to invasion and cheer for going to 11. All good.
    I got level 10 - 14 1/2 in one invasion. I log in soley to do invasions rather than the quest grind.
    Your advice is not relevent. Sorry.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2016-08-15 at 01:13 PM.