Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    First and foremost, that's an Orcish phrase, you are most possibly referring to the horde as a whole, I'd appreciate you do not.

In any case, we'll say "Live to fight another day" from now on, you angry Alliance fella. Sorry your beloved Varian got stomach raped by an Orc and you got stuck with a sissy Child-king.

sissy child king? escuse meh?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I wonder if you guys think that horde players/NPC's and well, every last orc ingame will commit suicide after they lose a cardgame or any other activity? Ah, dang, I lost this 100m dash, god damn, Lok'tar Ogar *stabs himself to the hearth*
    Seriously? Lok'tar Ogar is a orcish WAR-CRY not a freaking mentality of a fanatics.

I like the Alliance's new catchphrase coined by their dead king

"FOR THE ALLIANCE! AHHHH!!! AHHHHHH!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" KAAAABOOM!

Too soon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Garrosh was the last true warchief, horde is now a bunch of wimps, as shown in the cinematic, especially crawling thrall
    Just as long as Garrosh knows his dad was cheering for the Alliance and Horde at the end.

awwww......

Now Garrosh needs to get back on Anti-Depressants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

sissy child king? escuse meh?
    That comic was awesome I totes had like a standing fist pump moment in my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Well, considering how many Horde soldiers died on the Broken Shore, and the Warchief bit it as well (though I'm not convinced Bwonsamdi isn't gonna pull some bullshit to get Vol'jin back in the land of the living; Vol'jin was basically his avatar and no good loa is gonna let their meal ticket die so quickly after getting their shit in gear), 'Or death' was definitely fulfilled in lieu of victory. It's just that the tauren, trolls, undead, blood elves, goblins, and pandaren don't necessarily subscribe to such a black-and-white view of war, instead preferring the "lose the battle but take another crack at it after the heroes bring the plot armor" school of warfare. Which, coincidentally, tends to have a much lower mortality rate than "win or die."
    Second times always go a little better.

just ask the Blood elves......

First fight against the scourge...... -90% race genocide
    Second War against scourge....... heeeeeeyyyyy look whos not extinct.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit, as a lifelong horde player, it was an ignominious end to the scenario for us. You can split hairs that the motto is Orcish>Horde, but if even a little of you gets into the lore, it doesn't feel good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Well, considering how many Horde soldiers died on the Broken Shore, and the Warchief bit it as well (though I'm not convinced Bwonsamdi isn't gonna pull some bullshit to get Vol'jin back in the land of the living; Vol'jin was basically his avatar and no good loa is gonna let their meal ticket die so quickly after getting their shit in gear), 'Or death' was definitely fulfilled in lieu of victory. It's just that the tauren, trolls, undead, blood elves, goblins, and pandaren don't necessarily subscribe to such a black-and-white view of war, instead preferring the "lose the battle but take another crack at it after the heroes bring the plot armor" school of warfare. Which, coincidentally, tends to have a much lower mortality rate than "win or die."
    'The spirits tell me this will cleave my soul.'

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You just turned my perfectly clean screen into a coffee filled swamp. Oh you.
    I thankfully wasn't sipping coffee, but I chuckled at that too. Marvelous, @ZetherosCraig! Absolutely marvelous.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan vaporizing Varian was.......pleasing to the eye.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

"Victory or ...not victory! (rawr!)"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    'The spirits tell me this will cleave my soul.'
    According to the subtitles, it's "claim my soul."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Alliance Players Logic: You should have stayed, continued fighting, and died.

Oh yes, we should have stayed against an overwhelming enemy that is CONSTANTLY replenishing its numbers as ours dwindle.
    Oh yes, we should have stayed against an overwhelming legion while our leaders are being beaten and mortally wounded.
    Oh yes, we should have stayed and died there, then watch as the Horde has no true leadership and the Alliance loses a major ally against the greatest threat in the universe that lorewise we know of (Lore wise characters don't know about the Void Lords).

The only fault of the Horde, is not sending someone to inform Varian of the retreat. Maybe a player could have had a mission to somehow run to the Alliance, inform them we are being overrun, then escape with them. Excluding that, the Horde did what any smart leader should do. Alliance who are angry are literally blinded by their fanboyism and have decided to throw away all logic in this case just to take a jab at the Horde.
    Typical faction-fanboy politicking on both sides, really. "I refuse to look at both sides of the lore to justify my viewpoint because I have invested an unhealthy amount of my self-identification into my chosen faction. So why didn't [Horde/Alliance] do this thing that would have helped my faction, no matter the detriment to theirs?!"
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Garrosh for Warchief! Oh wait.. Vol'Jin and Thrall getting rekt was funny though. Especially Thrall's sad face.
    Felt so good.

Everyone is complaining Thrall shoulda had that, but I guess yall normies don't get to see why he couldn't be useful unless you do the shaman enchantment artifact quest.
    Long story short, the elements abandoned him because something something something dishonourable Garrosh who tortures elementals got killed "unfairly" (?????) in the Thrall v Garrosh Nagrand dual. Apparently the Azerothonian elements give a shit what happens in an alternate reality.
    And apparently if you duel an enchantment Shaman they're not allowed to hit you with their meeee weps and also use elemental abilities (again, ?????!?).

Not that I care about Thrall, but that's why he wasn't his usual deus ex machina mcguffin super sham.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahahah look at all the hordies getting mad

10+ Year Old Account
    ALSOOO Anduin isn't a vagina, he's just not an illogical rage face. The world is going to end unless everyone/thing on Azeroth hands together and does something about it. Killing people who can be useful against the Legion is just flat out stupid and Jaina not being able to reconcile that in her is very out of character for someone who is supposed to be a smarty pants.

If I was an ally, I would faction change immediately. The last thing I want to see is pussy-King Varian Jr. sitting to the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Everyone is complaining Thrall shoulda had that, but I guess yall normies don't get to see why he couldn't be useful unless you do the shaman enchantment artifact quest.
    Actually if you payed attention during the Broken Shore event, Thrall tooks 3 massive blasts to the chest from the 3 Legion Netherships from Orbit. Thats why he is limping away in the cinematic.

Deleted
    Catch phrases are simple phrases for the simple minded cynically devised by marketing departments in order to sell more of a product, they serve no other purpose.

That OP thought enough about them to make a thread about it doesn't tell me anything good about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Genn should have jumped and let the king live.
    It wasn't the jumping part that saved the day.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighelf View Post
    Actually if you payed attention during the Broken Shore event, Thrall tooks 3 massive blasts to the chest from the 3 Legion Netherships from Orbit. Thats why he is limping away in the cinematic.
    Yes and? That doesn't change that everyone is complaining that he should be fine regardless and wipe the floor with the whole Legion. Because green jesus meme.

It doesn't explain that he isn't god-like anymore until you do the shaman artifact quests and it explains hes basically just a tough warrior at the moment until he does some elemental community service.

I personally think he did just fine. I would have proffered him to get beaten by something less extravagant so he at least has some semblance of believability left.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    It wasn't the jumping part that saved the day.
    It was the key part of it though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    You just turned my perfectly clean screen into a coffee filled swamp. Oh you.
    Why are people always drinking something when they read something funny?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It was the key part of it though.
    So, for example, a footman could have done the job if he made the jump instead?
    IMO the ability to kill that fel reaver by yourself was the key part of the sacrifice.
    Mother pus bucket!