Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    bring back basline runetap and il be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Maybe it's my class history, but I'd expect that damage to be nerfed approx 1 week before emerald nightmare/mythic+ launches like last time.
    and this will veyr likly happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    How so? In what scenario would you ever want to not have aggro as a tank?
    Only one I can think of is if you want another tank to tank something, which won't be the case since he's not lvl 100 yet (so he's not in any situation where there's more than 1 tank). And even if he wants to lose aggro he wont do it by switching to unholy presence, he will still have the overaggro.

If you want to be able to actually drop aggro, roll a priest or mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Except not all classes suck. Every class right now is pretty strong, especially DK's. The only class that's a bit behind are the Demon Hunters.

Also, if you're expecting to do any serious progression in the pre-patch you're a moron.
    Not talking about dropping aggro, talking about having the option NOT to generate extra aggro - the only reason (read: ONLY) it was removed is new/bad players who don't understand the concept.

I also don't give a flying shit about performance right now, but a lot of specs lack the complete feeling only the artifact will give.

10+ Year Old Account
    only thing i dont like is keepin 5 bones up for ossuary in aoe scenario
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Not talking about dropping aggro, talking about having the option NOT to generate extra aggro - the only reason (read: ONLY) it was removed is new/bad players who don't understand the concept.
    Alright, so in what scenario would a DK ever want to stop generating extra aggro?
    The only one I can think of is tank swapping, and that's what a taunt is for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    it will stop blood dks to solo same tier content
    DK's haven't done that in a while. It was all warlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Alright, so in what scenario would a DK ever want to stop generating extra aggro?
    The only one I can think of is tank swapping, and that's what a taunt is for.
    And what's more, after the swap is done, all you have to do is stop attacking for a couple seconds, and unless the other tank is terrible or you massively outgear him, you'll never cross the 130% threshold needed to rip aggro back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I like this iteration better than WoD, wich is not something you will hear me saying often about Legion class design. If it helps, you will get an amazing super death strike with the artifact weapon. Alot more goodies in the talent tree as a huge shield after vampiric embrace. As for rune tap, its still there on the talent tree.
    In WoD we had no single target strikes outside death strike. Now we finally got heart strike back and i'm so happy to have it back. Marrowrend is your mitigation spell that also does damage and blood boil is still awesome while costing no runes.

Yeah it sucks that DS is costly, but you can reduce its cost by staying in your DnD.

The only problem i feel is with pulls. It's the time we are most vulnerable in and we don't have the best tools to do it. This is because we actually need to be in melee range to get our bone shields up with marrowrend. It's the only issue i have.

- - - Updated - - -

Mage? Really?!
    What? Not OP enough? Not enough raid spots? Mages are fine. 2 of the specs are awesome. It's only frost that gets the short end.
    nobody talks about OPness here. maybe you have to read again...

Someone said, that blood is preforming well in terms of HPS and cleave DPS, that is true, but the way the spec (and nearly all tanks currently) play is horrible.

Several ppl are saying, that they are enjoying the current form of tanking, but at the same time there are several, who are dearly against it. Neither one of these are correct, both are opinons.

And a word more on blood spesific, ppl are telling, that the Artifact will fix everything, but it will not, you get one more dull skill with a 45sec cd. That will not fix it, neither will all the artifacts +XX% stamina or +XX seconds to your DRW perks you gain when opening the slots.

The changes that they made are done because the good tanks were just way too good in MoP and in WoD, a skilled tank had no issues on taking 3 stacks on Mannoroth, a bad tank did not even get the 1st one correct (aka getting the debuff).
    Now since they reduced the skills tanks have to bare minimun, if you just happen to push something, that is not on CD you are doing a h__l of a good job.

It does not feel rewarding, since you have very little control over your own survivability.

Yes, a good tank knows when to push VB, but rly, if the raid requires some heavy focusing, tank is the 1st one to die, despite what he is doing.

Not fun, not engaging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Lots of crying from the self-appointed great DK over here. Though I guess it is you guys that generally hate change and can't adapt and cry about it.
    I appreciate your friendliness, but if you're going to quote me, would you mind replying something that makes any tiny bit of sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I appreciate your friendliness, but if you're going to quote me, would you mind replying something that makes any tiny bit of sense?
    The Blood Soloing god has returned from hiatus~

Vengeance seems to do everything blood does (mitigation, self healing) but with overall better mobility.

Just as sub rogues, blood dk was dumbed down for those special snowflakes who could not handle too many buttons. Now all you have to do is keep the clunky bone shield up and heartstrike/bloodboil your way to victory while relying 100% on your healers.

I will still play blood to 110 and see if it gets better, but I see no point in playing blood dk while I could be playing something with way more mobility as bear/war/dh tank since all tanks now are kinda the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    nobody talks about OPness here. maybe you have to read again...
    Do enlighten me on why mages aren't happy. Because they have consistenly been the top DPS spec in the game on 2 specs. Whats there to cry about? Maybe you are the one that missed the sarcasm on the post and need to read again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've played Blood and I think it's quite fun. Plenty of abilities to click if you simply ignore trying to be the best tank out there. That being said, I think DKs overall really got screwed. Their mobility is epic bad. Death Pact's removal is crap, because you have no good self heal anymore. Doing the invasion event as a DK is a pain because of it.

Frost's rotation is boring. Death's Advance's removal from Unholy was a weird ass decision. Unholy has always had that 15% increased movement speed, but now all of a sudden it's too much? Yet, we have classes that get passive movement speed increases and several active ones as well. It's ridiculous.

Unholy is a blast, though. But I can't keep up with most classes in dungeons, even with using Wrath Walk + talent on cooldown.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by tonysniper View Post
    Vengeance seems to do everything blood does (mitigation, self healing) but with overall better mobility.

Just as sub rogues, blood dk was dumbed down for those special snowflakes who could not handle too many buttons. Now all you have to do is keep the clunky bone shield up and heartstrike/bloodboil your way to victory while relying 100% on your healers.

I will still play blood to 110 and see if it gets better, but I see no point in playing blood dk while I could be playing something with way more mobility as bear/war/dh tank since all tanks now are kinda the same.
    Have you really played tank DH at 110? They take tons of damage, ways more than blood DK does.

WoD DK was terribly onedimensional to the point every person and their mums ran around with Breath of Sindragosa because it's been the one exciting thing about the spec. Even post-nerf, we'd still play it whenever possible, with just how dull Defile has been.

About 80%+ of my casts were DC, DS, Blood Boil and Blood Tap, and a fair bit below was rune tap. After that the single digit casts. Imo it was a 4 button spec before (5 with talent), the odd DnD back then you dropped into an ad wave is a different thing compared to now, where DnD is pretty much your home turf within which you're an undying demigod. The last was exagerrated, you know what I mean.

Deleted
    Keep in mind everybody. You don't have your artifact yet. When you get an artifact with a fair amount of traits, it becomes a lot more fun.
    Testing on Legion Beta, is the only way you'll get a clear picture of how this spec is meant to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Keep in mind everybody. You don't have your artifact yet. When you get an artifact with a fair amount of traits, it becomes a lot more fun.
    Testing on Legion Beta, is the only way you'll get a clear picture of how this spec is meant to work.
    By having one more ability, that is on 45sec CD? C'mon.
    The artifact is not some God sent present, that will make everything sparkly and awsome again. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by HTowN View Post
    Have you really played tank DH at 110? They take tons of damage, ways more than blood DK does.
    That's a trade-off I'm willing to make. I've played my DK as Blood since WotLK but the difference between DK's ability to move with Wraith Walk (which is outsped by a tank DH simply pressing their space bar over and over) and no Death's Advance is such pitiful run speed that I'll take the class with weaker self-sustain. Healer has to work a bit harder? Oh well. At least I'm able to run 30% faster every 12 seconds and jump around to close gaps.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    I still remember people linking this during the WoD beta leading up to launch, then everyone cried about it going with the Legion changes.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    That's a trade-off I'm willing to make. I've played my DK as Blood since WotLK but the difference between DK's ability to move with Wraith Walk (which is outsped by a tank DH simply pressing their space bar over and over) and no Death's Advance is such pitiful run speed that I'll take the class with weaker self-sustain. Healer has to work a bit harder? Oh well. At least I'm able to run 30% faster every 12 seconds and jump around to close gaps.
    Up to you, I guess. Each tank has their own strengths and weaknesses.

IMHO, MoP Blood DK is and will always be the best iteration of itself in WoW... Rune Strike, Heart Strike, IBF, DC for ranged lol's, Rune tap for "oh shit" heals...

EDIT: grammar