Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    Were we not able to sense demons too?
    Used to be able to, but it was pruned. Wouldn't want it clogging up our action bars and it didn't fit the Class Fantasy I guess.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how Pandaren suddenly forgot how to speak to other Pandaren due to a faction difference. Like, choosing a faction suddenly made you not understand the people you were with 1 min ago >.>

Warlocks aren't demons. They don't communicate with their demons in demonic. Their demons don't communicate with them in demonic. Every single one of their demons speaks to them in "common" or whatever, but never in demonic. Because warlocks don't speak demonic.

Even when warlocks could speak Demonic in Meta form as far as I know they still couldn't understand it, so it was more like an accidental side effect rather than something they did intentionally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    Warlocks aren't demons. They don't communicate with their demons in demonic. Their demons don't communicate with them in demonic. Every single one of their demons speaks to them in "common" or whatever, but never in demonic. Because warlocks don't speak demonic.
    Curse of Tongues and a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Even when warlocks could speak Demonic in Meta form as far as I know they still couldn't understand it, so it was more like an accidental side effect rather than something they did intentionally.
    CoT let you speak but not understand.
    Meta used to let you do both, at least at some point - I'm not sure if that was always the case since it's had multiple implimentations.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2016-08-15 at 02:25 PM.

Where do you get those assumptions?

Kanrethad almost became a Demon himself. There's no such thing as "you aren't a demon". You don't born as a demon, you become one, same way Illidan turned himself into one, or sargeras corrupted both Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde into becoming one.

That said, Metamorphosis did exactly that for Warlocks, they could turn demon for a short period of time, without corrupting their souls to the fel before it's too late to change back.

And even if your logic was true, it's a flawed logic anyway. I'm not USA citizen, but I understand and can talk in english, even if not perfect.

It kinda seems like talking Demonic goes beyond just knowing the language... like you need to be part demon or be cursed to be able to speak it. But there's probably something in-game or in lore that contradicts that

Not sure why they removed the Pandaren thing, though

Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Where do you get those assumptions?

Kanrethad almost became a Demon himself. There's no such thing as "you aren't a demon". You don't born as a demon, you become one, same way Illidan turned himself into one, or sargeras corrupted both Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde into becoming one.

That said, Metamorphosis did exactly that for Warlocks, they could turn demon for a short period of time, without corrupting their souls to the fel before it's too late to change back.

And even if your logic was true, it's a flawed logic anyway. I'm not USA citizen, but I understand and can talk in english, even if not perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Curse of Tongues and a mirror.

CoT let you speak but not understand.
    Meta used to let you do both, at least at some point - I'm not sure if that was always the case since it's had multiple implimentations.
    I understand what you guys are saying, and you're not wrong. The only thing is, you're talking about things from the past. Currently, there is no CoT or Metamorphosis for warlocks. Unless I missed something. It is what it is. Until we design our own games to do what we want them to do, we are at the mercy of others that do it for us. Whether we agree with their design or not.

Curse of Tongues is a PVP talent, it's available. But yeah, ever since they nerfed demon into the ground on WoD we already knew it how it was gonna turn out.

I'm okay with it, always liked Demon Hunter and it's thanks to that they're available as a class now.

Just saying it's not because of lore reasons, more likely gameplay/Dev reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They used to be able to make other people speak it with Curse of Tongues, you'd think they would be able to speak it themselves... But you know, blizzard logic isn't logical, so nope.
    It's perfectly logical that it's illogical. Becuase it's blizzard logic to be illogical although it can be logical and us not being logical or seing it logically.
    To summorize my logic agrees with your logil if were not missing any logical reason why it woulnd't be illogical.

'Locks could do it via meta and dark apotheosis.

I believe it's DH only now to help them hype the new class and expansion. Blizz has mentioned it in several interviews and conferences (and I think 2015 Blizzcon) as a cool new feature that DH's will be able to enjoy.

It was pretty cool doing it on my warlock too.
    Horseshit.

Deleted
    I dont see anything wrong with warlocks speaking demonic, but every warlock would not speak demonic. I think they should be able to learn it. As for Demon Hunters speaking demonic, it makes actually perfect sense. Let me give you example Leotheras from Demon Hunter Order Hall sealed Dreadlord into himself and now has all the knowledge the Dreadlord has. All other Demon Hunters dont necessarily have Dreadlords as their Inner Demons but even measly Imp is most likely able to speak demonic. Even something like Felhunter would be (it even posseses intelligence higher than mere animal as seen in Illidan book)

Deleted
    9/10 possibility that the reason Warlocks don't speak demonic is because they wanted to emphasize the faction communication barrier in earlier iterations of the game, something they've lightened on since then. Because now that Demonic as a language is a thing you can speak, it makes sense locks can do it.

Make sure to tell Blizzard about it though, they won't devote time to fixing it unless you make some noise, these issues of environmental logic are kind of invisible to them as they work on other systems.

Some boss journal from TBC outright says demonic magics make you demonic.

Honestly I kinda hope we get a demonic facelift. Maybe even a Dark Soul-esque cooldown comes back where we invoke our demonic powers to do a mini metamorphosis tailored to our specialization.

Wont happen
    Last edited by CuchuCachu; 2016-08-16 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I dunno... I've spent tons of time talking to opposite faction DHs during the invasions. It's pretty cool.
    lol yeah man, i've had this hours long conversation with a blood elf demon hunter in the karazhan crypts :P
    I really like it.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

If PANDAS born and raised on the same damn turtle, speaking the same damn language their entire lives can't communicate with each other, warlocks certainly don't deserve to.

Pandaren not being able to speak to one another was one of the most illogical and idiotic decisions blizzard has ever made in the face of lore or even common sense.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Both would be nice of course, but I see the lack of Sense Demons as a bigger problem from the lore point of view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    If PANDAS born and raised on the same damn turtle, speaking the same damn language their entire lives can't communicate with each other, warlocks certainly don't deserve to.

Pandaren not being able to speak to one another was one of the most illogical and idiotic decisions blizzard has ever made in the face of lore or even common sense.
    It made sense when Blizzard were following a strictly non-cross faction communication stance.

Now that they've broken that rule then it feels a bit daft at times. The panda one is the worst, then there's warlocks being unable to speak demonic despite being so well versed on warlockery, there's also forsaken being unable to speak common despite them being able to do so in lore and beta.

no we shouldnt because we need to deal with stuff being taken away from us. They gave meta to demon hunters. hell they gave death coil to DKs and then renamed ours to mortal coil which sounds far less cool. But the reason you gave for us to speak demonic rather than DHs is actually the reason DHs should have it and not us. They took away our sense demons and gave it to hunters?!?!

So we studied demons and how to summon and control them, thats about it. We dont control them because we sweet talk them and make friends, we enslave them. Demon Hunters all ate a demons heart and that demon continues to live inside them...there is no better reason than that for them to be able to speak demonic.
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2016-08-24 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    So we studied demons and how to summon and control them, thats about it. We dont control them because we sweet talk them and make friends, we enslave them.
    The green fire quest line indicates we're perfectly capable of talking to demons and makes it sound relatively important to the warlocking process.
    That and the very notion that you'd spend years summoning demons and risking your soul without even learning something as rudimentary as speaking demonic seems ludicrous, we've learnt far more complicated and far less useful things than that.