Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spices View Post
    where did you find this out? im curious
    I remember to see that as some fan fiction here on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    I would say quite the opposite. Y'shaarj was the main villain of the expansion. You meet fragments of him ever since few couple of minutes you step a foot onto Pandaria. Then you fight 6 manifestations of him in quest chains, dungeons, world boss and raids. In the final raid you get 7th manifestation plus the old god itself parasiting on Garrosh.
    His influence was felt but the arc of the story still revolved around Garrosh. Y'shaarj's remnant was just a tool of Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    His influence was felt but the arc of the story still revolved around Garrosh. Y'shaarj's remnant was just a tool of Garrosh.
    There was a very little of Garrosh till about halfway the patches. You can say Garrosh was driven to his actions by the manifestations of Y'shaarj - Anger, Hatred, Pride, Violance.

Tl;dr, we've never had an xpac where the premise is about the Old Gods even though Old Gods have been around in every Azeroth xpac pretty directly.

Even though DW was controlled by N'zoth the vast majority of Cata was about Deathwing and his minions. Certainly was not advertised as being about N'zoth or OGs.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a very little of Garrosh till about halfway the patches. You can say Garrosh was driven to his actions by the manifestations of Y'shaarj - Anger, Hatred, Pride, Violance.
    5.1 was directly about Garrosh and the Divine Bell. While definitely sha related, the focus was on Garrosh. The whole patch, and HvA. 5.2 had minimal sha or Garrosh interaction though both H and A wanted power to stop him. 5.3 while it had the excavation of Y'shaarj's heart it primarily involved the Darkspear Revolution and no sha influence.

Ik Blizz said he was affected by it, but I forget when they say that started. Regardless, he was pretty much his normal self during 5.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly related: after seeing the great pre-patch cinematics for Legion, it's a shame we haven't gotten a true cinematic involving an Old God. Closest thing was Sha of Doubt.

Even though he's imprisoned now, N'zoth's Hearthstone card would make for an impressive setting for a cinematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

See, if they do that id think it emphasizes more on the Void Gods now. They gave us a new hierarchy of the Old Gods story.
    The void gods are on a considerably larger scale than N'zoth. Final expansion stuff, after we awaken the titan, deal with Sargeras and chase after them on the exodar or whatever.

Predictions:

After we awaken Azeroth, we go after Sargeras to either get him to help us or we kill him. We discover the void lords have found another titan planet and it has been fully corrupted. Final raid has a cosmic duel between Azeroth and the shadow titan going on in the background while we (army of light) fight the army of shadow/old gods/void lords directly.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2016-08-15 at 04:22 AM.

Deleted
    This is how we will go down.

We handle N'zoth in Legion, in a patch, just like Yogg-Saron and C'thun before him.
    Azshara absorbs his powers or some flashy shit like that, empowering her enough to carry her own expansion of destruction. (as if she needs an empowerment but that's for you unbelievers.)
    South Seas expansion starring Azshara happen, people happy.

:V

Deleted
    I'm 99% sure they've said Sunwell was planned from the beginning.
    While there's a very low amount of examples to draw from, they've been pretty consistent with how the xpac story flows. 1st and last tier extremely related. Mid less related/different theme.
    I agree although i would argue that there has been a trend since MoP that the
    Villain of the last raid tier leads to the next expansion. Not so much in Cata, WotLK and Bc where the new thread comes out of nowhere (Arthas wakes up, Deathwing finished his preparations). So my guess is that there will most likely be some being from the void that will lead us to the next expansion. This however does not mean it has to be Nzoth. Blizzard lately proved that they can introduce new characters quite well.

As said previously, it is not Nzoth that will star as the main villian in an expac but as a path to confront Azshara.

Another thought, maybe he already was. We have lots of folks saying Guldan is just a device created by Sargaras through KJ. Once Guldan has served his purpose he will be tossed aside. Is that not the same scenario we found Deathwing in?

If we assume that we are opposing the leadership of the Burning Legion by confronting their lackeys and minions, the were we not doing the same versus Nzoth and the Old Gods in Cataclysm?
    Last edited by kensim; 2016-08-15 at 02:15 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    An expansion with him would triple dip with Azshara and Void Gods so there would be more than enough substance to fill an expansion and then some.

Legion will likely give us a glimpse of the Void.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-08-15 at 02:17 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    He owns the naga and a mastermind behind cataclysm , i see a him/Ashara expansion

His pet dragon got an expansion

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Because blizzard is running out of marketable villains. So much they had to make WoD to bring Gul'dan and Archimonde back.

I dont think they will repeat the mistakes made in tbc, where they burned a lot of characters who could have had much bigger roles in the game. They're already killing Guldan and Xavius in legion, possibly Kiljaeden last boss.

Who's left? Troll king, Azshara, Nzoth, Sargeras, and the newly made up void lords.
    It really isn't a big deal if they have to make up more.

Deleted
    Here’s my pros and cons list:

Pros:
    - He is one of the bigger threats to Azeroth.
    - He has lots of different armies and races under his command.
    - We were dealing with several of his lieutenants even to a point where one (DW) was a main villain himself.
    - Finishing him in a raid patch seems unfitting for someone as grand as N’zoth.

Cons:
    - He’s huge and can’t move.
    - Thus we will only see his face wherever his encounter takes place.
    - Also he lacks of personification so the expansion would feel a lot like Cata when you don’t interact with him at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Here’s my pros and cons list:

Pros:
    - He is one of the bigger threats to Azeroth.
    - He has lots of different armies and races under his command.
    - We were dealing with several of his lieutenants even to a point where one (DW) was a main villain himself.
    - Finishing him in a raid patch seems unfitting for someone as grand as N’zoth.

Cons:
    - He’s huge and can’t move.
    - Thus we will only see his face wherever his encounter takes place.
    - Also he lacks of personification so the expansion would feel a lot like Cata when you don’t interact with him at all.
    Yoggy appeared as a Vrykul Women around Northend I'm sure Zoth could do something similar.

I do feel like the new tech being used to power the legion invasions could also be used to great effect with old god corruption. Giant tentacle monsters everywhere!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because of the whispers of the shadow spec blade said that the weaksest of the four will prevail and he grows stronger and stronger. Plus Nzoth has been build up since cata or even earlier so to me it sounds like hes been responsible for alot of things and it all sounds pretty cool.
    In combination with queen Azshara being corrupted by it sounds like a nice match for a new expansion story.

As much people are saying queen azshara aint worth it, try to look her up she already has quite the story and can easily be expanded upon.

I remember to see that as some fan fiction here on the forums.
    No it was from a leak before we they uneiled legion.. and it was mostly right, we found out later.
    But its still speculation land.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    No it was from a leak before we they uneiled legion.. and it was mostly right, we found out later.
    But its still speculation land.
    It was after alpha started, and it was almost completely wrong. The only things accurate were stuff that had already been shown, and they even got a lot of that wrong. For example:

It said Varian and Vol'jin's fates would be ambiguous.
    It said Sylvanas would try to take the Warchief position but be rejected until much later (when Blightcaller died)
    It said Tyrande would trade all the Pillars of Creation for Malfurion, she rejected that offer
    It said Malfurion would be captured after the raid, he had already escaped by that point and not recaptured

Actually rereading it, I see absolutely nothing correct there, it even said there was only one Pillar of Creation!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    It was after alpha started, and it was almost completely wrong. The only things accurate were stuff that had already been shown, and they even got a lot of that wrong. For example:

It said Varian and Vol'jin's fates would be ambiguous.
    It said Sylvanas would try to take the Warchief position but be rejected until much later (when Blightcaller died)
    It said Tyrande would trade all the Pillars of Creation for Malfurion, she rejected that offer
    It said Malfurion would be captured after the raid, he had already escaped by that point and not recaptured

Actually rereading it, I see absolutely nothing correct there, it even said there was only one Pillar of Creation!
    It was a fairly early leak, & times change. Especially during production. If I remember rightly this was also leaked in Chinese, so there could be some translation issues there. The fact that they even knew there would be something known as a 'pillar of creation' when we as players and fans have never ever heard of them is something to consider.

& I'm not being funny, but Varian & Vol'jins deaths, have left a hell of a lot of people feeling ambiguous about them.

because Azshara is a minion of N'zoth, even though she refuses to believe it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    It was a fairly early leak, & times change. Especially during production. If I remember rightly this was also leaked in Chinese, so there could be some translation issues there. The fact that they even knew there would be something known as a 'pillar of creation' when we as players and fans have never ever heard of them is something to consider.

& I'm not being funny, but Varian & Vol'jins deaths, have left a hell of a lot of people feeling ambiguous about them.
    Except it wasn't nearly that early of a leak. The Chinese leak before the announcement was completely different. The one that claimed N'zoth would interfere with the final raid came out in January- almost two months after Alpha had started. We had already known about the Pillars of Creation for months (they even said it as plural in the announcement stream)- even known their names by that point. Apart from Vol'jin's death (quest text said Varian was dead and Vol'jin missing before that, but many assumed it would be a fake death for him), all of the stuff I mentioned was already confirmed wrong before the leak was even posted- the Sylvanas stuff by the fact that Stormheim had her Warchief already and Nathanos alive, the other two by Val'sharah questing. Sure, stuff can change, but when absolutely everything contradicted the alpha we already had besides the single best-known plot detail (Anduin and Sylvanas leading the factions), it's obviously fake.