Thread: Stuttering FPS

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Stuttering FPS

Is anyone else having stuttering fps in certain areas, multiple locations hard to write them all down. Ever since patch 7.0.3 my fps plummeted. It seems to be something with their graphics engine i am certain of it. Me and my brother have identical pc's and both of us have the same issues. i7 4790k,gtx 980ti,16gb ddr3,gigabyte 797x gaming 7 mobo, liquid cooling, SSD 250gb x2, 1tb HDD, Windows 10. Drivers up to date and no hardware/software issues. Nothing running in the background while running the game either.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Deleted
    So far had it in stormwind and dalaran (NR)
    never use too, but since patch i have

Been having it quite a bit since the patch. Its like every few seconds in any zone I am in my screen freezes for about a second and in zones with lots of people I get horrible fps. I am really concerned about how playable Legion will be as of right now. Been playing wow for around 9 years and this is the worst lag related issues I can recall. This is also with only recount enabled and all of my video settings turned well below recommended levels. In fact, just logged onto a character in Talador and even there the game was unplayable.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2016-08-15 at 03:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been having this issue happen sometimes when I join a group and get CRZed. None of the servers I frequent have this problem though.

The other problem I've noticed since the patch, is that if someone gets bugged in my raid frames as "Unknown", my UI bugs out and is delayed by 2 seconds until I'm in a different zone than them or I leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having similar problems. Even with my graphics at really low level.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Deleted
    same here, every time I log on any char I get a few freezes but it goes away after about 10-20secs

10+ Year Old Account
    I am getting this damn shuttering when I first log in.....have to sit there not moving for about 2 mins or so ..then its fine......I don't have an high end system so I thought it might be that but others are reporting same thing on higher end systems....

Deleted
    I also have a few stutters and freezes upon logging in. Works fine otherwise but had to turn down settings a notch since prepatch.
    Last edited by mmocff555210cb; 2016-08-15 at 10:24 AM.

Yeah when I first log in and then it smooths out.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's the battle.net helper process. Right-click the tray icon and exit from battle.net after you first open up WoW.

i had FPS issues, then i disabled tom tom and npc scan, and that took care of it

Quote Originally Posted by Bompton View Post
    I also have a few stutters and freezes upon logging in. Works fine otherwise but had to turn down settings a notch since prepatch.
    I get the same thing when I first log into the game. I wait a minute or so then its all fine. Or I just whirl my camera around like crazy to get it to stutter and it stops after. Never had it happen before 7.0. I run a 1070 graphics card with everything else on my pc pretty close to being top notch.

Very noticeable after login, after that can happen randomly in something like stormwind, though not as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I get the same thing when I first log into the game. I wait a minute or so then its all fine. Or I just whirl my camera around like crazy to get it to stutter and it stops after. Never had it happen before 7.0. I run a 1070 graphics card with everything else on my pc pretty close to being top notch.
    Four stutters, right?

According to guildmates of mine, it's an issue with the latest build of DBM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Yeah when I first log in and then it smooths out.
    This
    10-char

Yep, been getting it also. When logging in / after loading screens mainly.

If you have nvidia card try going into the control panel on desk topm go to 3d Power management and set it to Maximum instead of Optimal. That really helped me out
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Four stutters, right?

According to guildmates of mine, it's an issue with the latest build of DBM.
    Happens on my pc with no addons as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad in a way it's not just me :P

The worst thing is : It didn't happen on the beta.

I played the beta and alpha extensively : no fps drop/stutter.

On live before 7.0 : no issues.

After 7.0, on live : my fps plummets at the login and sometimes at the beginning of a fight for a few sec then all is good.

I logged on the beta to see if the same issue occurs : nothing.

:/ :/ :/ :/

Homophobia is so gay.