Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

30,000 Muslims unite to DENOUNCE ISIS. Source: Independant.co.uk

Souce: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...=facebook-post

I try not to repost clickbait here, and I usually give muslims a lot of shit but I'm glad to see reason starting to take a foothold and gain some media coverage. Good for you Muslims, good for you.

The article is mostly a puff piece but it's a tiny ray of light in an otherwise chaotic year...I'll take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens a lot

No one cares though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Im sure this will have "great" effect on things.

Muslims are allowed to lie to infidels to further the cause of Islam (of which ISIS undoubtedly is), so that "denunciation" means nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Souce: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...=facebook-post

I try not to repost clickbait here, and I usually give muslims a lot of shit but I'm glad to see reason starting to take a foothold and gain some media coverage. Good for you Muslims, good for you.

The article is mostly a puff piece but it's a tiny ray of light in an otherwise chaotic year...I'll take it.
    You are actually wrong. This isn't "starting to take a foothold". Many, many Muslims have denounced ISIS and terrorist acts for a very long time. Usually, the national media ignores them.

Here are the more recent denouncings:
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/700...ing-terrorism/

http://www.bustle.com/articles/14943...nounced-terror

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/natio...361309791.html

And here is a single page that lists out dozens (possibly hundreds) links to Muslim leaders, Muslim scholars, individual ordinary Muslims, etc condemning various terrorist acts involving Muslims (including 9/11) - http://www.muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php

So this isn't new at all.

Oh yeah like isis will just pack up and leave now. Denouncing does jack shit but nice I guess.

Anyways isis is almost gone anyways, they are getting their asses wooped by kurds and other arab alliances covered by us air strikes.

Out of how many muslims? Its gonna take more than that. #justbeingrealhere

gee it's almost like this happens all the time, but would totally ruin the fear certain groups like to use with "all muslims support terrorism!"

They are also abit late to the party seeing as there is almost no isis left.

Deleted
    Great! 1.5 billion left to go.

Well, if you want to be peacefull, you don't belong to a religion anyway.
    Being muslim means supporting all that stands for this religion. And one they stand for is the murder of "Infidels" and the oppression of women.
    So i don't gave a fuck what they say while still supporting this pos religion.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Muslims are allowed to lie to infidels to further the cause of Islam (of which ISIS undoubtedly is), so that "denunciation" means nothing.
    Please stop helping terrorists destroy our society. If you like them so much that you actually take their side, please join them and fuck off to syria or somewhere where they are active.

Deleted
    So 30,000 Muslims came together to say "not all"/"they're not Muslims". OK, well they are. Even if it doesn't make you feel good. Now, how about instead addressing the various ideas and issues within Islam and Islamic communities, which are often incompatible with Western ideals, and looking at why its adherents are so prone to violent radicalism at the moment. Nobody? I know, it's much harder than a platitude and a prayer circle.

Also, these people are Ahmadi Muslims. They are a relatively small sect, and they are hated by the other mainstream denominations. I doubt that what they do or say has much sway on other Muslims that aren't them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35928848

In many Islamic countries the Ahmadis have been defined as heretics and non-Muslim and subjected to persecution and often systematic oppression.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-08-15 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    The heck is wrong with you...

- - - Updated - - -

It's actually more effective than you might think. Exposing those people more to the media will get less people to join ISIS.
    All of isis supply lines is cut of, they have no way of getting new cannon fodder, of course people can do lone wolf attacks still so if this stops a few then it's all good but they need to spread this more on media if anyone will see it as there is nothing on swedish media reporting and i have seen no other sites then this reporting on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    Great! 1.5 billion left to go.
    Was about to say the same thing. "Moderate" Muslims have zero influence in the big picture.

The most hilarious thing is that ISIS is actually the closest thing to how Muhammed, Islam's prophet and founder, himself lived.

He was stating the truth. Check out this little thing called taqiyya.

Besides, denouncing ISIS doesn't mean jack shit. Even Al-Qaeda, Al-Nusra, Hamas and Hezbollah denounce ISIS.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2016-08-15 at 05:26 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

It's actually more effective than you might think. Exposing those people more to the media will get less people to join ISIS.
    Actually, he is right. Lying is considered bad in Islam unless its lying to protect other Muslims. It is an official practice of Islam.

Couple of problems here: even if all muslims in west are not terrorist, does not mean they are compatbile of western values. Democracy does not work in Islam, neither does woman's rights, gays, abortion, and equality regardless of race, class etc. Its not people this up, Muslims themselves tell us their values in poles.

Second, People saying "this is not real islam or they do not represent islam" is bullshit. Majority of Muslims live out of west. How would western muslims could represent Islam?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Quoted for truth. The Islamic faith specifically allows you to lie to non muslims. Deception is allowed if it advances the religion. It is a form of Jihad

I've been waiting for Muslims themselves taking action against Daesh and other Islamists. But 30 000 out of millions won't do much, but I guess it's a start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Was about to say the same thing. "Moderate" Muslims have zero influence in the big picture.

The most hilarious thing is that ISIS is actually the closest thing to how Muhammed, Islam's prophet and founder, himself lived.

He was stating the truth. Check out this little thing called taqiyya.

Besides, denouncing ISIS doesn't mean jack shit. Even Al-Qaeda, Al-Nusra, Hamas and Hezbollah denounce ISIS.
    Eventually, once we get rid of isis and they helpers in europe like Gahmuret, actively working towards their cause, we might be able to completely isolate ISIS and get rid of this cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha 30.000 muslims. Good for them.