Poll: Do you hate opposing faction?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I play Alliance and I hate Horde. While I'm trying to change it now when I transfered to PVE server, I still view Horde players as someone who is trying to ruin my game session.

See, I started playing month after TBC release. My english was not good back then (I'm Czech) so when I heart of a realm full of Czech people (Drak'Thul), I decided to join there. I chose naturally Alliance, because I don't like to play as bad guys (or "dark shade of gray" guys in this case). The server was PVP realm and from some vague descriptions I got the idea that sometimes I get to duel the opposing faction and join in some large PVP events. Why not? The description didn't mention anywhere that sociopaths will try to ruin my game and laugh while doing so. Silly, I know, but back then I had high hopes for humanity (as someone raised on star trek). Now you can see that my first encounters with PVP reality were really bad. With every gank my hatred for Horde rose, while couldn't get myself to return the favor. I felt how it sucked to be ganked and my honor stopped me from ganking unknown players.

End of story? Nope. The server had first 3:1 ratio in favor of horde. Later in TBC and Wrath it was even worse and levelling in Stranglethorn was impossible for my alts. Thankfully Blizzard offered free transfer from our realm to Burning Blade and most of Alliance transfered, leaving the Horde kids with little to noone to gank. Now on BB Alliance was slightly in majority and the world was quite safe now. There were some bad apples, but horde knew mostly their place. And now comes the brilliant move by Blizzard, something that I'll never forgive them - they decided to make BB and Drak'thul connected realms. Meaning that our safe haven was now again open to the horrors of Drak'thul horde. No suprise that when I flew for the first time after the merge to do some archeology, I got attacked right away by some horde who knows the world "honor" only as PVP currency... and on Timeless Isle it was impossible to leave the guarded center area. So when WoD came and I decided I want to play again, I had to pack my two best chars and move to PVE realm. For the sake of my sanity...

So yeah, my experience taught me that Horde is my enemy. That Horde are trying to ruin my game experience. That Horde translate the letters PVP as "party vs player". I hate the Horde and I won't stop soon. Even now on PVE, anytime I see horde player, my heart starts to beat faster and I subconsciously check the cooldowns on bubble/hearthstone. It's all irrational, I know, I usually block myself from hating something, but this is my blind spot.

I hate Horde for everything they have done to me.

Burn them all.

When i started playing wow 10 years ago, I started assimilating the blue alliance being the arrogant / clean on themselves capitalists vs the revolutionnary red Horde fighting for an alternative world. Since then, I always played Horde for this reason, which was my own ^^.

Though, i always liked when Horde and alliance would join against a greater threat. I imagined and hoped that they would merge at some point, allowing us to fight side by side. I would enjoy it so much if i could go into dungeons with alliance people to fight together against one of these threats. I would love also to be able to learn the alliance languages so that we could talk to each other too.
    I liked the idea of sanctuaries where Alliance and Horde would respect a higher authority to the point that they could not attack each other. I would like to see that extended to some other areas where you could fight world bosses together.

I think it would be a nice way to end the world of warcraft franchise, with an ultimate expansion playing on this idea. Though i guess that there would have a lot of people against this idea ^^.

anyway, that was my 2 bronze.

I've always been drawn to the neutral factions like Cenarion Circle and Argent Crusade. My five characters (3 Alliance, 2 Horde) mail each other heirlooms and other BoAs. They think of each other as friends separated by politics beyond their control. When one of them authorizes a table mission involving hostilities toward the other faction, I double-think it as a secret trade initiative between my alts.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirra View Post
    I play Alliance and I hate Horde. While I'm trying to change it now when I transfered to PVE server, I still view Horde players as someone who is trying to ruin my game session.

See, I started playing month after TBC release. My english was not good back then (I'm Czech) so when I heart of a realm full of Czech people (Drak'Thul), I decided to join there. I chose naturally Alliance, because I don't like to play as bad guys (or "dark shade of gray" guys in this case). The server was PVP realm and from some vague descriptions I got the idea that sometimes I get to duel the opposing faction and join in some large PVP events. Why not? The description didn't mention anywhere that sociopaths will try to ruin my game and laugh while doing so. Silly, I know, but back then I had high hopes for humanity (as someone raised on star trek). Now you can see that my first encounters with PVP reality were really bad. With every gank my hatred for Horde rose, while couldn't get myself to return the favor. I felt how it sucked to be ganked and my honor stopped me from ganking unknown players.

End of story? Nope. The server had first 3:1 ratio in favor of horde. Later in TBC and Wrath it was even worse and levelling in Stranglethorn was impossible for my alts. Thankfully Blizzard offered free transfer from our realm to Burning Blade and most of Alliance transfered, leaving the Horde kids with little to noone to gank. Now on BB Alliance was slightly in majority and the world was quite safe now. There were some bad apples, but horde knew mostly their place. And now comes the brilliant move by Blizzard, something that I'll never forgive them - they decided to make BB and Drak'thul connected realms. Meaning that our safe haven was now again open to the horrors of Drak'thul horde. No suprise that when I flew for the first time after the merge to do some archeology, I got attacked right away by some horde who knows the world "honor" only as PVP currency... and on Timeless Isle it was impossible to leave the guarded center area. So when WoD came and I decided I want to play again, I had to pack my two best chars and move to PVE realm. For the sake of my sanity...

So yeah, my experience taught me that Horde is my enemy. That Horde are trying to ruin my game experience. That Horde translate the letters PVP as "party vs player". I hate the Horde and I won't stop soon. Even now on PVE, anytime I see horde player, my heart starts to beat faster and I subconsciously check the cooldowns on bubble/hearthstone. It's all irrational, I know, I usually block myself from hating something, but this is my blind spot.

I hate Horde for everything they have done to me.

Burn them all.
    Im afraid Alliance during TBC and WOTLK did absolutly the same. I played both factions during TBC/WOTLK and when i leveled Horde alt on EU PVP serv almost evry single Alliance 70-80lvl ganking my low level alt, and is worse other lowbies attack my lowbie char in 3vs1 an 5vs1 for no reason.

Also when im playing Random bgs i see that Alliance players act much more evil than Horde ones by putting 2flags in WSG and than farming Horde for 10mins instead of putting 3rd flag, dunno if Horde players doing the same. Thats really evil and worse than ganking lowbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Been playing only Alliance since the beginning (8 years), and while I don't hate Horde, I feel very uncomfortable when leveling a horde char. Every time I receive a quest like "Lok'tar friend, kill 10 Alliance soldier scum" I just can't do it. Needles to say, I never even reached BC zones as Horde char
    Playing both factions since TBC and I have simmiliar experience, i like killing Alliance on my Horde char, but feel very uncomfortable when leveling Alliance char via quests where you have to kill Horde. (my first char in WOW was Alliance and not Horde)

Also i feel unfortoable killing Orcs in Draenor and Iron Horde, because Iron Horde Orcs look simmiliar to Horde Orcs. I prefer having Legion,Scarlet Crusade or Scourge as enemies instead of Orcs.

And in PVP it was even worse to me i disliked killing Horde on my Alliance chars, but i changed my mind after one person gave me a tip, about thinking that alot Horde hate their own faction, and spam "Horde sucks" or farm hks in the middle instead of going for flag. So when im playing Alliance and killing Horde im thinking that im killing Horde haters on their "own" faction.

I still cant play Healer in Alliance bgs cas i feel like traitor and im playing healer only on Horde side, but when i play DPS on Alliance i have no problem killing Horde on dps , expect that playing Horde for me in random bgs is more fun and challenging.

Also i like how Rated BGS and Arenas are Alliance vs Alliance and Horde vs Horde.

_____

All this things teaches us a lesson = we should stop hating other ppl because of their race/ethnic group/skin colour/country/and even in game faction, because we getting brainedwashed by Mass Media just like Horde players getting brainwashed via quests to hate Alliance, and Alliance players getting brainwashed via quests to hate Horde.

Buts its just a game and there is nothign wrong with killing Alliance/Horde in pvp,since pvp is part of the game, as long you understand that both Horde and Alliance ppl are same.
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-08-15 at 12:15 PM.

Where is the "I dont care about factions" options?

10+ Year Old Account
    I play, and enjoy, both factions.

I do though, hate specific attitudes of people on the factions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    7 out of 12 of my characters are Alliance, that said, I'm not a brainless football hooligan, so I don't "hate" one faction and champion another.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Do I joke about hating the opposite faction? Sure. Do I actually hate them? No.
    It an area that used to be a thing... but Blizz has Disney'ed the game and there is no true reason to be at war with the other faction. It feels more like paintball with your buds.

World of Buddycraft

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Poll results are interesting to me, looks like most Horde players doesnt hate Alliance but like both Factions, but most Allinace players hate Horde. Maybe results might change when more ppl will vote or might not.
    Oh yes, it sure did change...!

Deleted
    I think it's a remnant of playing vanilla- I main Horde and I hate the Alliance. It was easiest in Vanilla- then they added elfs to my faction and gave Alliance awesome werewolves. And with the added ability to play both factions on one server, deathknight starting area faction neutrality, Pandaren etc, it has become purely rp-flavour for me to "hate" the others. I ofc play both but spiritual home is Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It an area that used to be a thing... but Blizz has Disney'ed the game and there is no true reason to be at war with the other faction. It feels more like paintball with your buds.

World of Buddycraft
    Except you know... the destruction of Theramore, of Ashenvale, of Southshore, of Gilneas. The Horde have given the alliance plenty of reason to be at war, and its really hard NOT to see them as the bad guys. The Alliance has actually helped the Horde reclaim TWO of its major cities then peacefully gave them back to the Horde. One of these times, we'll not be so generous and force you to live in Outlands or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    For the Alliance! For King Anduin!
    Gonna take awhile to get used to that.
    Cool as a cucumber.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mainly a Horde guy, always have been since I started playing but I also like the Alliance too. Just like now I'm having loads of fun on my human warrior right now just doing invasions and trying to get that damn Sword of Wrynn title (seriously not fun to grind). If you're one of those over-passionate players who hates the opposing faction that's cool I guess but you're missing out on exclusive content.

It sometimes becomes unclear who I like more. Sometimes I'll be having so much fun on my Alliance character that I think to myself "do I like the Alliance more?" but then I'll go back on my Horde guys and then I am reminded why I love the Horde so much. So both sides are awesome. The Alliance has badasses like the recently passed Varian Wrynn and Magni Bronzebeard and Genn Greymane and the Horde has Sylvanas Windrunner, Baine Bloodhoof and Lor'themar Theron and of course Thrall. So both are equally cool in their own ways.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Gameplay wise i like both factions, there is nice and weird on both sides imo, Lorewise i like both factions, but prefer X faction Lore over Y faction Lore.

Gameplay wise both Alliance and Horde have lowbie gankers and corpse campers, both Alliance and Horde have GY campers at BGs ,and Ninjas

Well Horde players have no responsibility for Anti-Horde Lore from developers. I understand you might "hate" Horde npcs but not the actual players.

I dont take Anti-Horde lore from Cataclysm/MOP seriusly because MOP and Cata is two lowest rated expansions

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...urning-crusade User Score 7.8
    Generally favorable reviews based on 749 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...-the-lich-king User Score 7.4
    Mixed or average reviews based on 874 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...raft-cataclysm User Score 5.5 Mixed or average reviews based on 916 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria 4.8 Generally unfavorable reviews based on 1226 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...rds-of-draenor 5.9 Mixed or average reviewsbased on 1078 Ratings

And during Cata Blizzard company was bought by Activision, and alot original WOW developers who created Original WOW left Blizzard or retired during WOTLK/Cata/MOP.

I dislike MOP/CATA - Garrosh/SOO/Theramore Lore my self but i personally dont blame Horde for that. Garrosh cant speak for all Horde, even for all Orcs

wowwiki says that Burning Legion was summoned because of Night Elves reckless use of magic.And Burning Legion enslaved some of Orcish clan minds and made them "evil" - talking about old Warcraft 2 and Vanilla/TBC WOW Lore. But not all Orcs was evil, and those who became evil because of Burning Legion probably wasnt responsible for this i guess,
    Anyone who takes the user scores on metacritic seriously deserves to believe the user scores on metacritic.

/smh

Deleted
    I only really hate the Forsaken and the Goblins, as an Alliance Player.

Looks like I'm the fifth person to select "My main's Horde, and I hate both factions."

Just tired of it all, honestly. Countless more interesting faction related stories could've been told through the years, but we're still on this stupid Horde vs Alliance nonsense, years after we shouldn't be.

my main is horde. I dont hate alliance, but dont like them either, but i respect some dudes

I like most of the Alliance races and didn't mind the Horde when it was under Thrall. I had Horde alts up til the end of Wrath.

Ever since the events of Cataclysm and especially MoP, I can't even bring myself to play Horde.

Funny enough I had the same trajectory as Jaina. I suppose it's a reason why I like her so much.

Maybe towards the end of Legion, I'll try to suppress it so I can experience the Horde quest lines.
    Last edited by Lebanese Dude; 2016-08-15 at 08:26 PM.

Hate hords capitals cities they are always a mess. Hate big mazes, and who wants to play undead...I'm sorry but meeh.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point the ties that bind us together, and the hatreds that separate us are tenuous.

I would like to see an xpac where we choose a specfic faction (Like in BC when we chose either Aldor or Scryers) and those choices become our warring factions.