Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Venue moved my wife and 5 kids from $65 seats to $14 seats.

My wife took 5 girls to see a concert. We paid $65 per ticket. They were official tickets but we bought them at face value from a friend who could not go.

They were in their seats before the show, and it was apparent that the show was not sold out. Then venue moved everybody CLOSER to the stage, but my group was also moved to the 3rd row from the top of the venue. They all said the seats were much worse than the original seats. They were $14 per ticket from the venue for the area they were moved to.

My wife complained and the venue said that they have the right to move people as stated in fine print. They said that since the seats are closer, they don't need to reimburse us..... my wife and kids said they really could not even see the artists from the new seats, but the seats we bought were just fine for seeing the show.

Cool, I get that part, but I don't think they can move people and put them in seats that cost $51 less, and NOT reimburse people for that. The venue, to date is refusing to reimburse my wife.

Small claims court next?

I have a friend who is an attorney who will draw up a letter for me, but if that doesn't work, I don't know what to do. ( I won't ask my buddy to do anything but write the letter )

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Don't ask for legal advice on MMO-C
    2) IF they state they have the right to move people in fine print and they actually have it in the fine print you aren't likely to win.
    3) You are likely to spend more than $300 worth of effort to try to recoup this with a likely low chance of success.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    My wife took 5 girls to see a concert. We paid $65 per ticket. They were official tickets but we bought them at face value from a friend who could not go.

They were in their seats before the show, and it was apparent that the show was not sold out. Then venue moved everybody CLOSER to the stage, but my group was also moved to the 3rd row from the top of the venue. They all said the seats were much worse than the original seats. They were $14 per ticket from the venue for the area they were moved to.

My wife complained and the venue said that they have the right to move people as stated in fine print. They said that since the seats are closer, they don't need to reimburse us..... my wife and kids said they really could not even see the artists from the new seats, but the seats we bought were just fine for seeing the show.

Cool, I get that part, but I don't think they can move people and put them in seats that cost $51 less, and NOT reimburse people for that. The venue, to date is refusing to reimburse my wife.

Small claims court next?

I have a friend who is an attorney who will draw up a letter for me, but if that doesn't work, I don't know what to do. ( I won't ask my buddy to do anything but write the letter )
    You can put anything in the fine print, but what they did was functionally theft, I don't think fine print can cover that. It's up to you if you want to spend the time to fight it though.

You're in luck!! I just got my law degree out of the claw machine at Dave and Busters. You should sue them. Take them for every penny.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Waste of time for $250. Write them a bad review and never go there again.

Small claims court next?

Sounds like you are already on the next step.... Your "friend" didn't offer any other advice?

Did they try to go back to their old seats?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just take to social media and provide them with bad reviews on all sites available. Seems like a small amount of money to waste your time with.
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    typical entitled special snowflake millennial.

Man I couldn't imagine paying someone $65 to hear them sing something that sounds better on itunes for 1.29.

10+ Year Old Account

Small claims court next?

I would say small claims. You might try a claim with the BBB first.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Man I couldn't imagine paying someone $65 to hear them sing something that sounds better on itunes for 1.29.
    Have you never been to a concert? it's not just about the music. The music is good but it's about the show the band/artist puts on. Also the people you get to meet and hang out with. I went to a Lindsey Stirling concert on the 31st and it was an amazing show. First concert I've been to in a long time.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Have you never been to a concert? it's not just about the music. The music is good but it's about the show the band/artist puts on. Also the people you get to meet and hang out with. I went to a Lindsey Stirling concert on the 31st and it was an amazing show. First concert I've been to in a long time.
    Ive been to a couple, none I paid for just got invited. I enjoyed the show but I wouldn't spend that kind of money. Just my personal preference I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Where have you been? You have been missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    And with a concert you get to be annoyed by loud people, people who stand up and block your view forcing you to stand up too and have sore legs from standing the whole concert, you get to have idiots spill beer on you, pay 5 times the regular cost for food and drink, sit in traffic for hours before and after the concert, and you get to listen to the audience sing parts of songs instead of the artist that you payed a lot of money to hear. All this for 50 tomes the price of a track on Itunes!!! What a deal!.

Concert etiquette sucks. When people go to a concert they SHOULD keep quiet, sit in their damn seats for the whole thing, and gently clap after each song. And most importantly refrain from getting drunk or high and take a damn shower before they go.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Sounds like you are already on the next step.... Your "friend" didn't offer any other advice?
    I didn't ask..... not really his specialty. He is a family ( divorce ) lawyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Concert etiquette sucks. When people go to a concert they SHOULD keep quiet, sit in their damn seats for the whole thing, and gently clap after each song. And most importantly refrain from getting drunk or high and take a damn shower before they go.
    I want to meet the person your forum character is patterned after.

Also, I've been to a number of concerts and they aren't all the same. Some are more calm than others, but concerts are never quiet. I mean, if nothing else the venue sound system ensures that.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post

Really? LOL.... first off, way beyond millennial age, and secondly, would you like being put in $14 seats after paying $65? I love you nut jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I want to meet the person your forum character is patterned after.
    It was a joint project by some university computer science and performing arts groups. Attempting to make the ultimate conservative chatbot; sometimes it works beautifully and would pass most turing tests, other times the logic gates jam or something and it gibbers inanely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buy first row or GTFO. Then you wont care what is going on in rows 2 thru whatever.

Also, you have about a snowballs chance in hell of winning in court. But GL if you go that route because it is your right to do so.