Deleted

[Legion] Restoration Artifact talent order

Hello, I start this Thread to ask about the order you'll follow on the artifact talents.

I think that the best order is the following:
    1- The strong CD one (More healing each tick it does)
    2- The little healing totem (Leaves a HoT after healing)
    3- The Riptide one (Chance to summon a healing totem on cast)

I hope to hear about your opinions

Pd: sorry about my bad english haha

Quote Originally Posted by scrotix View Post
    Hello, I start this Thread to ask about the order you'll follow on the artifact talents.

I think that the best order is the following:
    1- The strong CD one (More healing each tick it does)
    2- The little healing totem (Leaves a HoT after healing)
    3- The Riptide one (Chance to summon a healing totem on cast)

I hope to hear about your opinions

Pd: sorry about my bad english haha
    I tried to make sense of which talents you were talking about, I think these are the ones:

1. Cumulative Upkeep - Healing Tide totem gives stacking buff for more heals
    2. Queen's Decree - Healing Stream totem gives a bonus hot for 6 sec
    3. Tidal Pools - Riptide has chance to summon Tidal totem for extra aoe heals

Its a tough call, the path to take isn't as obvious as with some other artifact weapons. One thing to note is that if you aim for Queen's Decree or Tidal Pools, it will only take 11 levels instead of L15 for Cumulative Upkeep.

The left path (leads to tidal pools) buffs your Riptide mainly, while the right path (leads to queens decree) buffs healing stream totem, and the stuff in the middle had various buffs including 2 traits for chain heal and some pretty good 1 point passive traits like the bonus healing during lust/hero. I would say that the GW trait (ghost in the mists) is the weakest talent as it does give you damage reduction but you prob won't need it much till later on for mythic stuff.

So, it all depends if you wanna buff riptide or healing stream first. I will prob go the HST route for Queens decree first since it will always apply a hot and the riptide one is a chance... I do want that first trait Tidal Chains tho cause bonus haste/crit on tidal waves is pretty good. After that go for Cumulative upkeep, and get the 1pt traits either before or after CU, "Sense of Urgency" seems pretty good as its +25% healing for 40 sec of lust/hero. This is prob how I will end up going:

1 - (L14) Queens Decree first: http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...FIDRUA0XAFUgBA

2 - (L24) Then Cumulative Upkeep plus the 1pt traits: http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...FoBRcAUXQFUgBA

3 - (L31) Then Tidal Pools by going down the left side instead of middle so I can skip the GW trait "ghost in mists" for now: http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...FFsBRcAUXQFUgB

4- (L34) Get ghosts in the mists to fill out the artifact tree.

I have no idea if this is the best way to go or what.... just what seems like the best for me. Tidal Waves and Queen Ascendant will give me lower cast time on heals, then Refresh currents+Floodwaters for cheaper chain heals that crit more, and the Urgency trait to buff healing during lust.... all that stuff seems like priority for me to be more well rounded for dungeons/raids.

I haven't played Beta so everything I say is based off of other people/streams.

There's a point where the Artifact Power you need for your next point jumps up drastically. I believe that point is your 19th-20th rank taken. Just before you're able to get your 2nd gold trait iirc. Anyways, the most optimal path imo is Queen's decree and then straight on into Cumulative Upkeep. You'll then, most likely, want to get your final gold trait and then you'll pick up the left over traits. I imagine the path you'll take would look like this.

As stated, I haven't played beta and have no experience with the artifact. Feel free to correct me. But just based on what I've heard/know about artifact power acquisition, this seems like the most logical path to take.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Deleted
    WOW! Thanks! I 100% agree with you, thanks for the explanation of everything

I hope it'll be useful to others as well.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post

There's a point where the Artifact Power you need for your next point jumps up drastically. I believe that point is your 19th-20th rank taken. Just before you're able to get your 2nd gold trait iirc. Anyways, the most optimal path imo is Queen's decree and then straight on into Cumulative Upkeep. You'll then, most likely, want to get your final gold trait and then you'll pick up the left over traits. I imagine the path you'll take would look like this.

As stated, I haven't played beta and have no experience with the artifact. Feel free to correct me. But just based on what I've heard/know about artifact power acquisition, this seems like the most logical path to take.
    Yea, there are two jumps or breakpoints or whatever that I know of, one which you mentioned.

From Level 13>14 : You jump from 1000 AP cost up to 6840 AP (before this point, each new level would only be like an extra 100-200 more AP then the last one, then all of a sudden it costs like 5-6k more AP then before. You should be able to get your first golden dragon trait by the time you are level 13).

From Level 20>21 : You jump from 30,600 AP to 39,520 AP (here the difference in AP cost from previous few levels is like 2300 AP when it was going up by around 1000 AP each level. This is usually after you get your second golden dragon).

That's just what I found by looking at the artifact calculator. Have no idea if that is significant for anything, but it does mean we will have to plan our route carefully.... I know the costs go up exponentially after 21, so like the amount of AP just to go from say 30>31 will be so expensive that you could use the same AP and probably get to like L14 in your offspec artifact weapon. That first jump from 13>14 will be significant for me cause I plan to try to get my offspec artifact weapons to atleast level 13 since it won't cost much AP and will give me atleast one golden dragon talent. For Resto tho, I will prob take the path I mentioned in my earlier post, as some of the passive and 1 pt traits are pretty good.

Instead after getting Comulative Upkeep I would go for your number 4 and 5 in the picture then up to tidal pools, its the same amount of traits (2) but instead of speccing Sense of urgency and Ghost in the mist you are getting Tidal chains and pull of the sea traits earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Instead after getting Comulative Upkeep I would go for your number 4 and 5 in the picture then up to tidal pools, its the same amount of traits (2) but instead of speccing Sense of urgency and Ghost in the mist you are getting Tidal chains and pull of the sea traits earlier.
    It's not the same amount of traits. That path requires 10 total ranks to get Tidal Pools while the one linked above is 8 because Sense of Urgency is a 1 rank trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    For Resto tho, I will prob take the path I mentioned in my earlier post, as some of the passive and 1 pt traits are pretty good.
    The 1 rank traits aren't worth picking up until last in my opinion. The only reason I pick up the Bloodlust trait before others is because it's the quickest path to the final gold trait. Bloodlust is typically used for a DPS increase and additional healing during lust, especially at the start of a fight, is usually not needed. There will always be cases where it is, such as lusting during Gorefiend's Feast but that's not your typical lust usage. Refreshing Currents is decent but I will always choose throughput before mana return. It's also not as good as the Druid's mana return trait which is just a flat ~6% mana regeneration trait.

What I linked as 4 and 5 are very good traits so it may be optimal to get them before picking up your final gold trait but that requires math that I'm not willing to do. I just know that golden traits are supposed to be very good, hence them being golden, but from what I hear Tidal Totems is not only pretty random but it's just not very good from an actual throughput perspective. I'm sure someone's done the math and found the proper path to take but I haven't seen it posted anywhere so, until then, the path I linked is what I intend to do.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

What about for those of us who plan on spending 13 points for resto offspec, what would you recommend?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    What about for those of us who plan on spending 13 points for resto offspec, what would you recommend?
    I would say get Queen's Decree and you are good to go (that's what I plan to do with my Enhancement main)

The 1 rank traits aren't worth picking up until last in my opinion. The only reason I pick up the Bloodlust trait before others is because it's the quickest path to the final gold trait. Bloodlust is typically used for a DPS increase and additional healing during lust, especially at the start of a fight, is usually not needed. There will always be cases where it is, such as lusting during Gorefiend's Feast but that's not your typical lust usage. Refreshing Currents is decent but I will always choose throughput before mana return. It's also not as good as the Druid's mana return trait which is just a flat ~6% mana regeneration trait.

What I linked as 4 and 5 are very good traits so it may be optimal to get them before picking up your final gold trait but that requires math that I'm not willing to do. I just know that golden traits are supposed to be very good, hence them being golden, but from what I hear Tidal Totems is not only pretty random but it's just not very good from an actual throughput perspective. I'm sure someone's done the math and found the proper path to take but I haven't seen it posted anywhere so, until then, the path I linked is what I intend to do.
    Yea, Refreshing Currents isn't all that great but the +heals on lust one is pretty good cause it lasts for the full 40 sec but like you said, you have to get it anyways on your way to the final gold trait. Our paths are pretty similar, cept after the second gold trait I went back around the left side instead of cutting thru the middle. The trait you have as number 4, Tidal Chains, is awesome and def worth picking up early which is why I went that route mainly. I've heard the same thing about Tidal Totem too, and I don't like rng which is why it was the last golden trait on my priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar
    I would go Queen's Decree path, with 2/3 for Tidal Chains.... the buff to Tidal Waves it gives is really good.

Deleted
    I think left side outweights what you get in the middle talents. We will mostly rely on our RT/HW/HR with a few CH and HS and the left side offers more benefits towards that gameplay. Middle path offers virually no healing benefits. I guess sense of urgency is good but only if its used at a time of high dmg. I do agree that probably Upkeep outweights Tidal Totem, moreso with Praetorian's Tidecallers, mostly due to the unpredictability of the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    I would go Queen's Decree path, with 2/3 for Tidal Chains.... the buff to Tidal Waves it gives is really good.
    Great, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matjakl View Post
    I think left side outweights what you get in the middle talents. We will mostly rely on our RT/HW/HR with a few CH and HS and the left side offers more benefits towards that gameplay. Middle path offers virually no healing benefits. I guess sense of urgency is good but only if its used at a time of high dmg. I do agree that probably Upkeep outweights Tidal Totem, moreso with Praetorian's Tidecallers, mostly due to the unpredictability of the proc.
    Yea, that may be true. I'm kind of debating it myself....right now I'm planning the right path to Queen Decree (with tidal chains filled or atleast 2/3), then Cumu Upkeep, then prob go up left path for Tidal Totem. Main reason being that Queens Decree seems more reliant as it works every time vs Tidal Pools which is a chance for small aoe heals. The thing is tho that HST isn't a smart heal so it won't prioritize the lowest HP but rather just anyone who is low on HP. For the left path, stuff like Riptide and HR will be used all the time and esp for Riptide will be targetable so will be pretty useful and reliable. But also for the right side, if you have Queen Ascendant + Tidal Chains that gives you way more hasted spells esp if it crits. It's a tough call... hopefully someone will do the math and testing and let us know with more certainty.... either way, I think trying to get both of the first traits for either side (Tidal Chains and Buffeting Waves) may be a good idea since you cast alot of heals during Tidal Waves buff.

Hmm... I'm finding myself not agreeing with any of this. And here's why.

All of the legion logs I've seen so far, have placed CH, Riptide, and CB as our top spells in 90%+ of fights. Healing Surge, Healing Wave, and HST don't even come close to those other three. (HW and HS get honorable mention in a few fights though) In terms of time spent using spells, I think we're best off bolstering what we're going to use most (I'm not disputing the fact that we should have HST down 100% of the time, when applicable).

I think anything that buffs CH and Riptide should be our priority. That's why i think Tidal Pools is #1 for me. Cumulative Upkeep is #2, because you can take the increased crit chance on CH along the way. I find Sense of urgency to be rather meh. We're already doing strong throughput during heroism. I don't see the ability to do more that helpful. Which is why i think going up the middle would be best instead of branching off of Ghost in the Mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtere1 View Post
    Hmm... I'm finding myself not agreeing with any of this. And here's why.

All of the legion logs I've seen so far, have placed CH, Riptide, and CB as our top spells in 90%+ of fights. Healing Surge, Healing Wave, and HST don't even come close to those other three. (HW and HS get honorable mention in a few fights though) In terms of time spent using spells, I think we're best off bolstering what we're going to use most (I'm not disputing the fact that we should have HST down 100% of the time, when applicable).

I think anything that buffs CH and Riptide should be our priority. That's why i think Tidal Pools is #1 for me. Cumulative Upkeep is #2, because you can take the increased crit chance on CH along the way. I find Sense of urgency to be rather meh. We're already doing strong throughput during heroism. I don't see the ability to do more that helpful. Which is why i think going up the middle would be best instead of branching off of Ghost in the Mist.
    Those are raid testing logs though, and those won't be available for the first month. Going up the right side is the most versatile because queens decree is strong in both 5man and raids. 5mans usually are too spread for optimal ch usage, so you're going to rely on st heals. Healing tide and tidal totem can't reach their potential in 5mans. By the time nightmare is out you should be most of the way up the left or middle of the tree. So it makes sense to go right side first since that gold trait is most useful for the content you'll be dong first.

I do agree and think that going For the first golden dragon Queen decrea will be the best first route to go for main and all weapon.

I haven't play beta or alpha but I have big doute that we will be able to chain spam in raid chain heal. It will be way to costly as there is almost no mana save/refound trinket. The first one in my mind came fro dungeon and hit mana back on casting Healing wave. The other witch seem a must have is the Darkmoon fair/scriber trinket. the other one came from raid and act as a dreamless potion where you can do nothing for 10 second i think. Yes in raid you might have inervate or hymn of hope but even so. I'm sur at the start of the raiding fight will still be around 4 to 6 min long. it will take time befor you can kill a boss in under 2 min. and that gona be when you run normal in full mythic gear so. We will have to triage more or get tone of crit to get tone of resurgence mana refound plus the talent.

So like I say. I haven't play it so I don't know I just assume. But the first 3 week of legion will be dungeon farming even like de first 5 week. cuz guild have a tendancie to gear dps and tank befor healer. So dugeon I don't see you cast that much chain heal or even Healing rain either unless you get 4 melees with you.

So with all that said. I will go Queen decre first. to help me in dungeon,
    Second will be cumulative upkeep. Since raid will be out and resto shammy is all about cd.
    then I will go for tidal pool but I will take every trait that buff my healing befor to take something random and that people have the tendancy to get out of it cuz they think it's a bad boss mecanique like the Earth shiled totem lol. Almost all the time i drop it in live the tank get out of it lol.

My question for you guys and gals is : witch relic do you aim for? as to witch trait you want to see at rank 4 5 or even 6?