10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I'm much more of a fan of a priority system.
    Yeah, although static rotations are much more difficult to execute during actual encounters, I too prefer a priority system.

I find FF-XIVs obsession with combos and buff juggling a bit tiresome. EVERY class has buffs you need to maintain, EVERY class has DoTs you need to keep up. It's all the same somehow.

Makes me glad that I main a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Just read this thread:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...A-DPS-Paradigm

Am I the only one that finds this somewhat overkill in terms of class complexity / stuff to manage?
    that makes drg look way more complicated than it is in most situations. a strict 50 step cycle looks impressive in a guide but that rarely happens on most boss fights.\

the only big thing to manage is blood of the dragon which is easier imo to use than something like enochian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, was hoping to grind last Yo-Kai medals today, but guess I was hoping for too much.. that place is pretty much deserted, while yesterday there was easily 15-20 players. Found some friendly Monk and did some together, but he got all medals and left. And doing those FATEs alone simply takes way too long.

40 medals left.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Aww, was hoping to grind last Yo-Kai medals today, but guess I was hoping for too much.. that place is pretty much deserted, while yesterday there was easily 15-20 players. Found some friendly Monk and did some together, but he got all medals and left. And doing those FATEs alone simply takes way too long.

40 medals left.
    once i'm done with the 30s grind in outer la nos i have to go back to southern thanalan for 7 and it's pretty much dead too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    a strict 50 step cycle looks impressive in a guide but that rarely happens on most boss fights.
    Very true, yet that is still what the player must fight for, in hopes to get as close as possible for optimum output.

The bulk of content can be tackled by doing 'just enough' damage with generous room for errors or a bit of laziness. It's only in high end content that a strict adherence to a particular job's full arsenal is required...and even then in some cases there's still quite a bit of wriggle room. I do hope the number of abilities is pruned by the time the next expansion swings around though. A lot of abilities could stand to be combined for the sake of convenience - especially if they intend to add more.

Take 'Heavy Thrust' for instance - it's effect could easily be combined with another ability.

Guys just started my yonkai hunt. Any tips/guides for like what weapons should be tackled first considering fate spawn and stuff. Thx for any help provided
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 76 View Post
    The bulk of content can be tackled by doing 'just enough' damage with generous room for errors or a bit of laziness. It's only in high end content that a strict adherence to a particular job's full arsenal is required...and even then in some cases there's still quite a bit of wriggle room. I do hope the number of abilities is pruned by the time the next expansion swings around though. A lot of abilities could stand to be combined for the sake of convenience - especially if they intend to add more.

Take 'Heavy Thrust' for instance - it's effect could easily be combined with another ability.
    yea i'm really hoping they go this route next xpac. either traits or new abilities that replace/combine old ones.

One thing I'd really like to see is proper ability scaling. Cut out this 'oh you're synced to x level so y and z abilities aren't available to you now' stuff and have it all stay relevant once you've unlocked it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    Guys just started my yonkai hunt. Any tips/guides for like what weapons should be tackled first considering fate spawn and stuff. Thx for any help provided
    If you are going for all of the weapons get blizzaria yoko and USApyon first and farm up 30 medals (but don't turn them in till the weapons start costing 30 medals) for each doing the 2 fast spawning fates in outer la noscea (the ones in the back of the mine) that way you will have the 30 medal weapons covered already.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I understand why they have it the way it is, though, even as annoying as it is. Even with identical ilvl, someone who is naturally level 34 won't have near all the neat skills/spells available that a downleveled 60 would have, so there's no way in the world for the natural level 34 to contribute meaningfully in comparison.

The ability bloat in this game is real, though. I don't like how it was done in WoW, but this game would definitely benefit from pruning. By that I'd be more in favor of combining similar abilities. Black Mage Thunder spells come to mind as one example.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2016-08-15 at 08:30 PM.

Agreed. I also wish they would remove potency from Stun/Silence abilities, barring the PLD shield bash and any of the other on GCD abilities. Things like that shouldn't have to be weaved into your regular rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I understand why they have it the way it is, though, even as annoying as it is. Even with identical ilvl, someone who is naturally level 34 won't have near all the neat skills/spells available that a downleveled 60 would have, so there's no way in the world for the natural level 34 to contribute meaningfully in comparison.

The ability bloat in this game is real, though. I don't like how it was done in WoW, but this game would definitely benefit from pruning. By that I'd be more in favor of combining similar abilities. Black Mage Thunder spells come to mind as one example.
    what do you guys think about the number of cross class skills too? or if they should even still have cross classing.

the number of off-gcd buffs my bard has is insane tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope the number of abilities is pruned by the time the next expansion swings around though.
    Same here.
    A massive prune is in order to eliminate some of the ridiculous button bloat.
    I esp want to see spell ranks and useless 3 step tank combos go away.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    what do you guys think about the number of cross class skills too? or if they should even still have cross classing.

the number of off-gcd buffs my bard has is insane tbh.
    Some classes make out like a bandit with cross class skills, like Machinist. Others, like Paladin, struggle to find use out of more than half of the abilities. I would be fine with removing cross class support for jobs if they compensated with increased DPS (I mean any way you cut it, losing a CD like Raging Strikes is a pretty big deficit) and finding a suitable replacement for abilities like Provoke, Swiftcast, Virus, and Invigorate.

Overall, I don't find cross class skills that compelling. There is a list of abilities for cross class that should you be able to take them, you do, and the other abilities just don't get used. There is little choice in the matter, and few exceptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of cross class skills is cool.

But it ends up either being borderline useless or "ermagawd crippled w/o it".

I think stuff like this just doesn't wirk in a MMO setting that demands balance.

Just had an interesting discussion about pets with my guild mates and I can now finally put into words why pets seem so uninteresting to me:

The art style is too different from the rest of the word, which makes them stand out and break immersion.
    Exclusions would be e.g.: Moth, Allagan companion module and dragon whelps. These look like actual creatures that might have taken a liking and begun following the character. Incidentally, these are the pets I actually like.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-08-15 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The madness is over.. it's finally over.. and think I still have small part of my sanity left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats ... on retaining a splinter of your sanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The idea of cross class skills is cool.

But it ends up either being borderline useless or "ermagawd crippled w/o it".

I think stuff like this just doesn't wirk in a MMO setting that demands balance.
    One thing that I found that was really nice in PSO2 was their class system.
    How it works is you have a main class and a sub class. The main class is what dictates what weapons you can wear, main stats, photon art (weapon skills/PA), and techniques (spells if applicable).
    Subclasses however gives you the ability to inherit the class's PA, techniques, class skill (think talent tree) and bit of stat bonus. Class skills have some exceptions that say "main class only" in bright yellow though.

For example, my main set up for my character is Main Summoner, Sub Braver.
    So along with summoner stuff, I get braver's stuff which includes average stance, increase basic attack damage, katana gear, etc etc.
    But as noted before, main class dictates what you can wear, but some weapons allow for all classes (though they are weaker in general). So I can wear the katana and use it as my charge movement (cause why not).

Now the interesting parts come when you're a non tech class main and use a tech class as a sub class.
    So for example if I mained Braver, then that means I get access to Katana and Bows, however I do not get access to techniques, but if I sub a class that has access to techniques that you're allowed (sorry no super chargey lasers of doom).

I much prefer this kind of set up in since I started playing PSO2.
    Yes you are allowed to level all classes on one character.
    Just had an interesting discussion about pets with my guild mates and I can now finally put into words why pets seem so uninteresting to me:

The art style is too different from the rest of the word, which makes them stand out and break immersion.
    Exclusions would be e.g.: Moth, Allagan companion module and dragon whelps. These look like actual creatures that might have taken a liking and begun following the character. Incidentally, these are the pets I actually like.
    Glory to the derp pets!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I still have small part of my sanity left.
    I have no sanity left.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    If you are going for all of the weapons get blizzaria yoko and USApyon first and farm up 30 medals (but don't turn them in till the weapons start costing 30 medals) for each doing the 2 fast spawning fates in outer la noscea (the ones in the back of the mine) that way you will have the 30 medal weapons covered already.
    Thx for the reply i was considering doing outer, upper and western la noscea zones for the farming due to the fast and close FATE spawn rate

- - - Updated - - -

and eastern la noscea isnt one of the zones. western upper and outer it is then !!
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.