LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    that is basically all the horde fans since pandaria
    I'll see your Pandaria and raise you a Wrathgate, from 2:30 onward;

Ah hah hah hah hah hah hah!
    Did you think we had forgotten?
    Did you think we had forgiven?
    Behold, now, the terrible vengeance...of the Forsaken!

Death to the Scourge! And death to the living!

Hahahahahahaha!
    Now...all can see...this is the hour...of the Forsaken!

I'll have to say, that goddamn hour took it's time getting here, but now it has finally arrived. All shall bow before our Queen!

I just hope Sylvanas uses the Plague and turns all of the Horde into the undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'll see your Pandaria and raise you a Wrathgate, from 2:30 onward;

Ah hah hah hah hah hah hah!
    Did you think we had forgotten?
    Did you think we had forgiven?
    Behold, now, the terrible vengeance...of the Forsaken!

Death to the Scourge! And death to the living!

Hahahahahahaha!
    Now...all can see...this is the hour...of the Forsaken!

I'll have to say, that goddamn hour took it's time getting here, but now it has finally arrived. All shall bow before our Queen!

I just hope Sylvanas uses the Plague and turns all of the Horde into the undead.

wrathgate is not enough when i'm able to raid stormwind and loot anduin shoulder then maybe we are even (and thrall quest in cata is already even since i had to babysit the kiddo the entire pandaria)
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizz listened to players saying that they gave him too much preferential treatment and toned him down a bit in both game/lore appearances and in power.

- - - Updated - - -

That song is cool as shit. Also, did not know Sylvannas had skeleton hands. Also cool as shit.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    That song is cool as shit. Also, did not know Sylvannas had skeleton hands. Also cool as shit.
    Well, it's fan art, so I'm not sure how accurate it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's fan art, so I'm not sure how accurate it is.
    I hope it is. It's pretty cool. Imagine getting a handy from her boney hands.... I will later tonight.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Apperantly every character needs to die in some insanely over the top and epic way or it's ''lame''. Thank god most of you aren't writers dear lord.
    Did you just praise the probably inexistant writers responsible for "lets retreat without giving the ground forces a warning to create drama" and "oh they are attacking me now and i'm not gonna bother to try and explain things". Finally, how does any of these actions benefit the horde in the long term? Its all illogical!

The writing is daft and in the level of a cliche bad anime that drags itself on a misunderstanding no one bothers to clear just to drag things out.

None of this is good writing. It was all a terrible excuse to make Sylvanas warchief.

The whole alternate time line which somehow winds up lining up perfectly back to our present timeline ... its bad writing, simple enough. Blizzard has never written great stories. Just bits and pieces with massive holes everywhere. D3 is another good example of TERRIBLE story writing.

Also the spirits knowing murder in the same form as we know it in our modern society is simply another bad piece of writing.
    Killing is more than justified in such a setting, it wasn't murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Khadgar View Post
    I was too busy picking up all the demon hunters. And probably doing some shit in dalaran.
    This thread was sad until this post. Thank you, good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylinn View Post
    I was already laughing at weak Thrall, but then I saw this image: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...1&d=1470870060

Hahahaha, I laughed too hard at this. It was pretty funny seeing him crawling in the cinematic, but this is hilarious.

Green Jesus sure has fallen. He explains this in Shaman artifact quest line. Without his shamanistic power, he really doesn't stand out. Weird thing is that it is all in his head. He has screwed himself...No one expected Thrall to actually fight with his hammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    He didn't actually have the elements turn their backs on him for killing Garrosh. Nor was it murder. If the Elements didn't think he should do it, or felt it was wrong? Thrall couldn't have used them. A Dark Shaman could but if Thrall went Dark-Shaman, they'd talk about it. Hell, it doesn't seem even mildly likely that the Elements turned their back on him — he's probably just full of doubt about killing Garrosh (since Garrosh was right about Thrall failing him) and its his own self-doubt effecting him.
    i don't think doubt would be the thing that causes the doomhammer to no longer respond to him (hence why we have it)

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    i don't think doubt would be the thing that causes the doomhammer to no longer respond to him (hence why we have it)
    I don't see why not. *In Doonhammers Head* "Doomhammer strong, want strong wielder, Thrall now wussy emo, need new user."

Lets not give the ground forces any warning except for this huge horn we blew that they heard which gave them an even better chance at retreat than us riding through demons to the shore because they have an airship right above their heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    I don't see why not. *In Doonhammers Head* "Doomhammer strong, want strong wielder, Thrall now wussy emo, need new user."
    simple

Quote Originally Posted by WoWWiki
    Shaman are spiritual guides and practitioners, not of the divine, but of the very elements. Unlike some other mystics, shaman commune with forces that are not strictly benevolent. The elements are chaotic, and left to their own devices, they rage against one another in unending primal fury. It is the call of the shaman to bring balance to this chaos. Acting as moderators among earth, fire, water, and air, shaman summon totems that focus the elements to support the shaman’s allies or punish those who threaten them.
    and

Quote Originally Posted by wowwiki
    Despite its name, Doomhammer is a weapon of good, bringing doom to enemies and upholding the family's honor
    Using elements to kill Garrosh, Thrall commited the cardinal sin both as a Shaman and as wielder of Doomhammer. Instead of bringing in peace, honor, and balance Thrall brought chaos and violated Mak'gora a sacred honor-bound tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    simple

and

Using elements to kill Garrosh, Thrall commited the cardinal sin both as a Shaman and as wielder of Doomhammer. Instead of bringing in peace, honor, and balance Thrall brought chaos and violated Mak'gora a sacred honor-bound tradition.
    I like this better. That being said, and I apologize for my ignorance, how did thrall violate Mak'Gora? Not saying he didn't just curious as to when/how it happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylinn View Post
    I was already laughing at weak Thrall, but then I saw this image: http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/...1&d=1470870060

That is the most glorious thing I've seen in a long time. Many keks were had. Thrall needs to do some more crawling!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Seeing as Vol'jin got stabbed from the front I'm inclined to believe you have no idea what you're typing about.
    So he was wrong on the direction, the sentiment stands in my opinion. That being said, we know Thrall's current situation. Elements aren't happy, Doomhammer isn't happy. He is kinda weak without them. Vol'jin on the other hand...just got fucking handled. Bane didn't do anything impressive other than being Thrall's crutch. We got to see absolutely nothing from the blood elves.

That being said, even though I feel like how things went down is a bit weak story wise (I mean the horde just retreated. Victory or Death? I guess I'll take option 3, run away), I did like the little video of Vol'Jin giving leadership of the Horde to Sylvanas. It sorta gave me some hope that Vol'Jin, at the very least, has a hint of what is to come that he took the actions he did. Not letting the Horde leaders be slain by just leaving the alliance to die, giving leadership to Sylvanas of all people etc. The Loa has guided him in some way, I hope that way justifies all shitty actions that the Horde took.

Knowing what we know it's pretty obvious, at least partially why Vol'Jin's actions were what they were. I mean if we hadn't pulled out the horde leaders would have died, potentially the horde after that. The alliance would have still been flanked. Worse yet since they wouldn't have called for retreat there is a possibility that the rest of the alliance leaders (that were present) would have died as well. Could have been a real shit show. We'll have to see how things progress from here. I for one am excited.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    I like this better. That being said, and I apologize for my ignorance, how did thrall violate Mak'Gora? Not saying he didn't just curious as to when/how it happened.
    1 your not suppose to wear armor in a mak'gora and 2 your not suppose to use magic its suppose to be an honor duel in the warcraft movie when gul'dan used his magic all the other orcs started to move away from him as a leader has it showed he had no honor.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    1 your not suppose to wear armor in a mak'gora and 2 your not suppose to use magic its suppose to be an honor duel in the warcraft movie when gul'dan used his magic all the other orcs started to move away from him as a leader has it showed he had no honor.
    Ohhh, wait what is the other duel type? I vaguely remember Garrosh and Thrall going at it before in the arena and Thrall was definitely using shaman powers then.

Sweet jesus. A lot of people in this forum are posting things that criticize others for not knowing about writing. A lot of those same people are also defending storyline choices that aren't particularly strong.

1. Thrall may have "cheated" during mak'gora, and I can accept that. What I have a little bit more difficulty with is that the Azerothian elements would abandon him for it when he did it on Draenor (a location in which the elements have been described in-story as distinctly different but similar). Further, the elements are really going to punish Thrall for killing GARROSH? That doesn't seem very strong as a justification for his current relative weakness.

2. Thrall's decision to install Garrosh as warchief was also a very poor story choice. It didn't make any sense from anyone's standpoint. I liked Thrall's character up until the Cata/MoP era.

3. Jaina just stood around with no portal or anything for Varian? For shame. Again, somewhat arbitrary weakness at a time in which it would be important.

4. As far as Tirion Fordring goes, they could have at least done something to explain why we just sat there for awhile and watched him get killed before we sprung into action. And Ashbringer's CC Break? Where was that? He used it twice against The Lich King in wrath. Nowhere to be found now?

It all screams of inconsistent power levels amongst each of the characters and pretty weak explanations for all of it.