Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    looking at you age she probably want you to focus on your education instead work as she doesnt want to have sub par partner in future.
    Did you even read the rest of the thread, dude? This isn't about education. She's mad he's spending time on something besides her. She doesn't give a fuck about education. This is all about little miss teenage tits being insecure that her man is doing anything with his life besides her.

like mark " worked in bbq place" has any worth on CV when applying to decent job -_-
    He's fucking 19, no work experience and nothing but a high school education. What do you fucking *expect* him to do for a first job? Almost everyone works at a restaurant of some kind for their first job - that's a true fact, Google that. It's a first baby step into the adult world and the job market. If you want a decent job, even flipping burgers at McDonald's looks better on a resume than sitting on your ass playing video games and fucking your insecure, neurotic girlfriend. At least at McDonald's you show you can keep a schedule and follow a boss's orders. And the OP is at a BBQ joint; some of those are nice, and if he earns tips he can make a decent chunk of cash for a 19-year-old.
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2016-08-15 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    She is 17 year olds, as she gets older its going to turn into "I want you to work so I don't have to" and "why don't you take me out more, you need more money"
    One of my friends can't win. He works hard and its "you're never home anymore, can't you spend more time with your family?" He spends more time at home and its "We need more money, I'm so worried about the finances. How are we going to provide for our children?"

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You are 19, and she is 17.... thus your relationship was doomed from the start since you are both still young.
    Ehhhh...not necessarily. The fairy tale of the high school sweethearts who are still married 60 years later is still possible (because I personally know such a couple and know of one more) but it's highly, highly unlikely. Like, you're more likely to get hit by lightning than be married to your high school sweetheart for the long run.

Plus, every stupid fucking teenage couple together longer than a month thinks they'll be that couple, so there is that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Ooh I missed this earlier...yeah just dump her. This is a huge warning sign for any interpersonal relationship, no matter your age.

Despite stereotypes regarding teenage girl behavior, it is not normal to want to control and manipulate others. Usually people like that end up with having some other pretty unsavory qualities.
    Honestly yeah. Woke up late and a lot of these messages helped me put things together and I appreciate that. I'm tired of feeling like I'm on a leash sometimes because she gets really angry if I do something she doesnt like, for example going out with friends, or saying "Hi." to a girl in the mall, work too.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyAmIhere View Post
    I don't know Gum, what's wrong with wanting to be successful? I mean, from the look of it, Op's gf is trying to stop him from working, that's holding back success if you ask me.
    Chasing success prevents you from seeing your current success . Surely the OP can make an informed decision on what he values in life. But sometimes, the opjective term "successful" isn't always what it means to be successful to you. Realizing what type of life you want, is part of growing up, but saying "any one that prevents me from being succesful" is most certainly on the road to a very lonely life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Chasing success prevents you from seeing your current success . Surely the OP can make an informed decision on what he values in life. But sometimes, the opjective term "successful" isn't always what it means to be successful to you. Realizing what type of life you want, is part of growing up, but saying "any one that prevents me from being succesful" is most certainly on the road to a very lonely life.
    No, he is 19, he needs to get a job and hopefully get some more schooling in the processes.

I've met people who didn't enter the workforce until their mid to late twenties (or worse). Its never a pretty picture.

This is how we end up with thirty year olds who work the register at Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Some people just care more about their job and their work than a relationship. I don't know how or why, but they find their careers more fulfilling than having a healthy marriage or a family.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Some people just care more about their job and their work than a relationship. I don't know how or why, but they find their careers more fulfilling than having a healthy marriage or a family.
    Sometimes its healthy to not have a marriage or family (not only for yourself, but for the economy as well)

Reminds me of these stickers I see on cars sometimes:

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Why would you chose to hitch yourself to a manipulative drama queen?
    Really *really* nice boobies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Sometimes its healthy to not have a marriage or family (not only for yourself, but for the economy as well)

Reminds me of these stickers I see on cars sometimes:

A declining population, which is what we have in the U.S. right now, is NEVER good for an economy. Sorry to burst your childfree bubble there. I respect that not everyone wants to or even should have kids, but if everyone has that attitude, or even more people having that attitude than not, then we are going to have a serious economic problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekobe140 View Post
    She herself has admit before she likes to manipulate people, and that she likes being the center of attention for everyone.
    You'll probably be better off without her then, considering even her mom said she's doing this on purpose.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Potential abusive red flag for sure.

I'd be very cautious.

7+ Year Old Account
    sounds like the both of you need to grow up a bit. perfectly honest there is no need for a huge commitment of a relationship at your ages. you guys are still learnign who you are for petes sake....
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

No offense OP, but your gf sounds like a bitch. I would have dumped her the moment she said that.

A declining population, which is what we have in the U.S. right now, is NEVER good for an economy. Sorry to burst your childfree bubble there. I respect that not everyone wants to or even should have kids, but if everyone has that attitude, or even more people having that attitude than not, then we are going to have a serious economic problem.
    People aren't having children because they can't afford them. Blame our capitalist overlords who think you should be able to pay rent, utilities and put food on the table with $7/hour minimum wage. God forbid your children get sick, and you have medical bills to pay...

"Not everyone is working minimum wage" housing costs are rising and wages are stagnant for most of the US population.

Ehhhh...not necessarily. The fairy tale of the high school sweethearts who are still married 60 years later is still possible (because I personally know such a couple and know of one more) but it's highly, highly unlikely. Like, you're more likely to get hit by lightning than be married to your high school sweetheart for the long run.

Plus, every stupid fucking teenage couple together longer than a month thinks they'll be that couple, so there is that.
    Personally I don't know or have heard of someone who actually stayed with highschool partner later in adult life. Those relationships always seem to fail, from what I have witnessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

So, basically my girlfriend of 6 months (I'm 19, she's 17) doesnt want me to work a job because she feels like it's splitting us apart. I'm a people person, and my new job is fantastic because I work with them all day, being it a BBQ place. I feel a lot of the girls and people like me there, but that's not really what I'm concerned about. I do love my girlfriend, and even her mom told her that she just wants to hold me back from moving forward in life. I really need some outside feedback and thoughts. Common things she says is "It's splitting us apart", "I feel we're drifting", "We never have time with each other" (even though its only 4 days a week for around 4 to 6 hours a day)
    So you work part time hours and don't have time for each other? Sounds like you got other problems to me. She and her mother sound overly possessive anyway. I would drop that clingy shit like a bad habit. You only have 6 months invested and she's acting like you're a 15 year seasoned couple that needs a romance vacation to re-kindle your passions or something. Not good signs mate.

So, basically my girlfriend of 6 months (I'm 19, she's 17) doesnt want me to work a job because she feels like it's splitting us apart. I'm a people person, and my new job is fantastic because I work with them all day, being it a BBQ place. I feel a lot of the girls and people like me there, but that's not really what I'm concerned about. I do love my girlfriend, and even her mom told her that she just wants to hold me back from moving forward in life. I really need some outside feedback and thoughts. Common things she says is "It's splitting us apart", "I feel we're drifting", "We never have time with each other" (even though its only 4 days a week for around 4 to 6 hours a day)
    A year from now this girl will likely be a distant memory, and then you'll be jobless and penniless. Keep working your way up the ladder, keep making connections with coworkers and keep progressing your life. Eventually you'll find a girl that wants to progress with you!

I was hoping this was a thread about a guy whose wife didn't want him to work. AKA ... The dream

CARRY ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I was hoping this was a thread about a guy whose wife didn't want him to work. AKA ... The dream

CARRY ON!
    Yep same.

OT: She's a manipulative bitch. Three words: Dumpville, population: You.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.