Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Fantastic little setup for the beginner shadow priest, people should really appreciate the effort others goto to help other players out.
    As i main spriest i have no need for this, , however other classes i alt and barely ever play would love something similar to this.

keep up the great work.

Just getting back in spriest since Mop and I tried a 3 min test run on a raiding dummy with and without this and managed roughly the same numbers.
    Also like suggested before a '' what comes next button '' would be nice to have, now you lose a little bit of time by waiting to see what spell it suggests next ( if you are a beginner to the class )

Also not sure if intented but it displays Mind Blast when there is still 2-3 seconds cd on it, resulted in mashing the button waiting for it to cast, though I suppose that is because MB is the next best thing to cast even if it still has 2-3 secs on it, but I just felt as if I could get a MF tick or 2 in that time

Quote Originally Posted by boothisphere View Post
    You're free to post these incredibly entry level guides as much as im free to tell people that this guide will make them look like idiots when they're dead last on DPS
    You might gain more traction if you don't come across as a complete cunt when posting.

To the OP, a rotation helper is fine for newer people but maximising dps is a product of good decision making.
    - Which adds in the pack in front of me should I dot up?
    - How many shadow word deaths can I snipe?
    etc etc.

So while the addon is nice for new people good decision making comes from practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    So while the addon is nice for new people good decision making comes from practice.
    There is some good work in the setup and I had no idea that TMW could be used in just this way so that's interesting.

That said, I agree with what I quoted and would speculate that someone wishing to make serious improvement as a shadow priest not rely on this a lot. For an alt that wants to get by in LFR or something it's fine but to me it teaches people more to tunnel in on their UI and not really learn how the spec works. So the main caution for prospective shadow priests is to spend more time really learning how the spec hangs together and combine that with situational awareness and an instinct for what's coming. Learn to be proactive instead of reactive. And I question the entire philosophy that the correct or best choice is the one that kills you. Yes, it's a mechanic in the SP toolbox now in a more prominent way but there comes a point where the best path is the one where you stay alive.

Again though, that's some fine work with TMW.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There is some good work in the setup and I had no idea that TMW could be used in just this way so that's interesting.

That said, I agree with what I quoted and would speculate that someone wishing to make serious improvement as a shadow priest not rely on this a lot. For an alt that wants to get by in LFR or something it's fine but to me it teaches people more to tunnel in on their UI and not really learn how the spec works. So the main caution for prospective shadow priests is to spend more time really learning how the spec hangs together and combine that with situational awareness and an instinct for what's coming. Learn to be proactive instead of reactive. And I question the entire philosophy that the correct or best choice is the one that kills you. Yes, it's a mechanic in the SP toolbox now in a more prominent way but there comes a point where the best path is the one where you stay alive.

Again though, that's some fine work with TMW.
    What doesn't kill you, makes you... weaker? I dunno what they were thinking tbh lol

Deleted
    I don't know what to say other than: please rewatch your video and look in your action bar. you're delaying Void Bolt quite often. If that's the result of your TMW profile, it clearly doesn't show you "the most ideal thing to cast at any time"

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    I don't know what to say other than: please rewatch your video and look in your action bar. you're delaying Void Bolt quite often. If that's the result of your TMW profile, it clearly doesn't show you "the most ideal thing to cast at any time"
    A change was made after the video was released to fix an error in the priority. Void Bolt now has a higher priority based on it's remaining CD.

Looking to add DoT timers like the Feral and updated Warlock profiles.

UPDATE 8/11/2016

General

- Added GCD Tracker to the rotation

Shadow

- Added DoT Timers for Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch
    - Removed Silence CD Tracker
    - Moved Insanity Buffs to lower bar
    - Added Artifact Cooldown

You can find the LATEST VERSION HERE

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome work chesder, very much appreciated!

Is Shadow Word: Death in the rotation? Does not come up for me when I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkleppe View Post
    Is Shadow Word: Death in the rotation? Does not come up for me when I fight.
    It is in the rotation while in Voidform. Should pop up at 2 charges and again when Insanity is at or less than 25.

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    It is in the rotation while in Voidform. Should pop up at 2 charges and again when Insanity is at or less than 25.
    Ah, yes I see it now. Thank you so much for this. Fantastic work!!!

Ah, yes I see it now. Thank you so much for this. Fantastic work!!!
    Glad you like it Go Mind Control people off cliffs

Glad you like it Go Mind Control people off cliffs
    I have a problem on my priest, I have 659 ILVL but I think my dps is abit low with this rotation?

I have a problem on my priest, I have 659 ILVL but I think my dps is abit low with this rotation?
    That's a hard item level to guage dps. You're going to lack important stats and with the patch dps was lowered across the board as well

is there way to me the whole tell me when

Quote Originally Posted by slapchop View Post
    is there way to me the whole tell me when
    If you wanted to use this profile, there is a link in the original post. There is also a link to the addon TellMeWhen.

If you follow the instructions written on the original post you can use the profile

It does the above for the default SW: D but the TMW script doesnt work if you are using the talent for 35% because the spell ID is 199911 for the below 35% version and so the other one is always disabled and therefore fails the "Spell Reactivity" test. I added a parenthetical OR for 199911 spell reactivity to fix it in my local version.

The only other comment/question I have as a new shadow priest (I've only been playing a day or two) is that I would think that if you are using the talent STM instead of the one where you pop void form at 70 insanity, that having SW: D come up as the first spell is kind of wasteful because you are generating 30 insanity when you are already close to 100 on the bar. So even at 2 stacks, I would think you'd want another condition like insanity <=70 for the ==2 stack SW: D in void form to accommodate all level 100 talents?

Just a thought?

Great work btw, this has saved me a lot of time. I downloaded the TwinTop WA also, but I like this setup plus the Curse InsanityBar addon a tad better for my own needs where I like reminders to pop up about the next spell. I also see Ovale added a Shadow Priest script in the last patch, but it is disabled by default. I played with that also by manually enabling it but I believe it is a bit of a work in progress

Deleted
    Casting SW: D at the beginning of voidform is ok. It deals dmg, and will recharge before the insanity will be needed.

I could use little help with TMW. Is it possible to somehow change color of resource bar? Thanks