Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinthe View Post
    That's the thing about the Legion. We aren't just fighting for Azeroth and survival, we're also fighting for our souls. I have not done any of the quests or watched artifact / storyline videos outside of warlock(my main) related ones, so I don't know for sure but... Warriors basically get Valhalla right?

Why is Varian not in warrior Valhalla? I know it's a Vrykul thing, but aren't we going to be seeing some alliance/horde heroes in there too? Maybe someone who's done it in beta might chime in on this. If the latter is true, then where did Varian's soul go?
    good point actully,and for why he isnt there maybe his soul is lost?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Deathwing exploded too, that didn't prevent us fighting parts of him...
    dww only exploded in madness encounter, on spine of dw end cinematic you just see laser going through him not see him explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I think Tirion is a more likely candidate for this kind of outcome. All that happens to him is he gets puked on and then dropped in the fel sludge. Varian, I think is just dead. Blew up in pieces.

RIP Varian. I wish Blizzard put this much care into you before Legion.
    I don't want to get too spoilery, but Tirion is very much dead and certain people discover what happens when the Light gets pissed at you for messing with his body

It would be real dumb for Varian to come back, he had a good death and should stay that way.

Wouldnt it also be a bit out of character for the Legion? Unlike the old gods, they arent really known for forcing anyone into servitude. I thought their whole deal was making pacts and getting folks to serve them willingly either out of fear of being destroyed or a lust for power.

Deleted
    I mean are people still so naive that they think Blizzard cannot bring something back? We have Illidan, we have Mannoroth, we have Kael'thas, we have Archimonde. Blizzard has covered each one of them later on with "new lore" to tell why they did not die or why they can return. Even Gul'dan: "because different timelines" was the explanation to get more stuff to play around with. Do NOT get me wrong, I hope Varian is gone, a fitting end for him and a start for Anduin. But Blizzard can do what the heck they want, it is not even surprising to see Vol'jin or Varian or even damn Tirion to return one day. "He was blown to bits" one of you will say, but yeah soon Metzen writes that Sargeras has an ability to grab Varian's core soul or a what-a-heck-warrior-spirit and put it in a body that he decides fitting for it. There is no stopping their clumsy or sometimes good lore decisions.
    Also: sorry for the bit aggressive style. I should just go to bed and not be here when I am tired.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only Faction Leader end Boss is Horde's Garrosh Hellscream. The most badass warrior of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortiferus View Post
    Varian the Human is no more - right!

But i think too, that he may be something different now..... we saw an explosion, yes - but did we saw his dead body? no!

AND: look at the stare from guldan... he looks somekind of confused... that something happens that he didnt want to
    Varian the demon hunter fusing with illidan to become fel super saiyan varillidan?

I find fordring interesting; if you target him, he takes no damage when he falls and sits in the lava until he despawns ... maybe he did manage a palli bubble hearth secretly so gul'dan wouldn't know, or bubbled and jaina actually did anything worthwhile other than complain since they ruined her character (unless ofc, she is a dreadlord in disguise now).
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Blackhand was seen jumping the SINKING ship(el oh el blizzard), Varian was seen exploding to bits. BIT of a difference if you ask me.
    Yea but in the movie that just came out, Gul'dan was walking around imbuing people with Fel in the exact same way that he did to Varian - sure - it came up a little more explodey - but that's life.

I don't know... I know Blizzard well enough to expect this sort of thing in their story telling:

BEING YOUR KING WAS MERELY A SETBACK!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    It would be real dumb for Varian to come back, he had a good death and should stay that way.

Wouldnt it also be a bit out of character for the Legion? Unlike the old gods, they arent really known for forcing anyone into servitude. I thought their whole deal was making pacts and getting folks to serve them willingly either out of fear of being destroyed or a lust for power.
    Oftentimes the Legion doesn't have much of a say in who serves (or doesn't, as the case may be) in the Nether, because if you pump enough Fel energy into a living creature, its soul will become demonic whether they like it or not, and then it's only a matter of time before that soul is able to manifest physically through one of the Legion's many portals. That's part of the reason the Legion is so huge, and filled with seemingly pointless toadies like the wormtongues and imps, and unintelligent beasts incapable of dealing in souls for power.

For this reason, I fully expect to see both Varian and Vol'jin back as either instance bosses, or the leaders of the next pair of DH races, or both.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"