Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

WTF is wrong with Apple?

I saw the new Macbooks and they are piss poor in performance, lack ports and the price is too high. Its not worth it. Its basically an Apple netbook, that is good for browsing the web and enjoy basic media. Can someone enlighten me, why Apple is going downhill? I remember back in the day Steve Jobs hated many cables that were connected to an average PC and look at the macbook now, you need all sorts 5 in 1 ports to get it working for your needs.

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-mac/macbook - £1000 for a netbook?!?! I would understand the macbook pro would cost that much, but a bad in performance netbook?

Yep same with Ipads, and Iphones.... you want more memory shell out $400 extra for a 16GB larger model since they don't have expandable memory you can get a 64GB microSD card for an android based phone for about $15.00. That and when a newer version comes out they intentionally screw things up on older units with Ios "updates". And as you brought up, everything they make is proprietary, apparently the new iphones/ipads will even have a unique headphone jack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't aware Apple had ever sold a product that wasn't overpriced trite?

I like how you can buy an Apple product that automatically downloads and installs the very updates that intentionally diminishing battery life and performance of the device.

Planned obsolescence.

Check this guy out. Hes got a lot of really good videos with great insight to the process from the point of view of a 3rd party repair technician. He hits on all the major Apple fails.

MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I wasn't aware Apple had ever sold a product that wasn't overpriced trite?
    Its subjective, but this has come to all time low. I mean take your time man and take a look at my link, its just a netbook. I remember netbooks back in 2009-2010 and they were failures, but Apple has gone over the top with this one. A mobile CPU for£ 1000+

10+ Year Old Account
    Apple's business model for most of it's lifespan has been to overcharge people for basic functionality and force you to use their services. The last 10 years or so they somehow managed to make people think that they're some innovative powerhouse. The reality is they strip options out of other people's creations and them make it "shiny." And people by the thousands drop gaming pc money on a machine that can barely handle WoW.
    You either die a Varian, or live long enough to see yourself become a Thrall...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BEYR View Post
    Apple's business model for most of it's lifespan has been to overcharge people for basic functionality and force you to use their services. The last 10 years or so they somehow managed to make people think that they're some innovative powerhouse. The reality is they strip options out of other people's creations and them make it "shiny." And people by the thousands drop gaming pc money on a machine that can barely handle WoW.
    I love my iMac and Mac Pro, I use it mainly for programming and WoW runs fine on semi high settings, but the netbook is just overpriced men, Macbook Air is cheaper and is 50% faster!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayn View Post
    Its subjective, but this has come to all time low. I mean take your time man and take a look at my link, its just a netbook. I remember netbooks back in 2009-2010 and they were failures, but Apple has gone over the top with this one. A mobile CPU for£ 1000+
    Yeah and Apple has always been like that?

The last time I looked at their computers was when I was headed off to college and their laptops of the same size and spec of say Dell or HP were like 300% more expensive...

A laptop from Dell that would be like $399 was $1300 for the equivalent (spec wise) MacBook...

Deleted
    Yeah and Apple has always been like that?

The last time I looked at their computers was when I was headed off to college and their laptops of the same size and spec of say Dell or HP were like 300% more expensive...

A laptop from Dell that would be like $399 was $1300 for the equivalent (spec wise) MacBook...
    The Macbook is shit, I agree. Macbook Air and Pro, well, they are fine for the price. 7i CPU etc, but this one has a mobile CPU which is even worse

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I applaud them for adopted USB-C standards instead of their usual approach of "fuck that we want our proprietary bullshit." But one port on the whole goddamned thing? Fuck. Heaven forbid your battery runs low while you're trying to transfer a large file. I know people like to use Apple products for video editing and that shit takes up space right quick.

"You can use a multiport adapter," you might say. I could. But fuck Apple for making someone have to choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Design and usability are hugely important to many consumers. They value such over performance in most cases- about ~86%, in fact. Which is about the percent of value assessment our focus groups place over performance.

Apple devices often appeal to consumers for their usability and style (design).

Disclosure: I conduct market research studies for electronics, mobile devices, prosumer equipment (etc) for a living.

They sell a product at a price the market will bear. Blame the tards that buy the stuff.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I like how you can buy an Apple product that automatically downloads and installs the very updates that intentionally diminishing battery life and performance of the device.

Planned obsolescence.

Check this guy out. Hes got a lot of really good videos with great insight to the process from the point of view of a 3rd party repair technician. He hits on all the major Apple fails.
    Planned obsolescence is a good thing. Idiots who insist on trying to use 5 year old crap holds the rest of us back from getting new stuff because anything new has to support old shit too limiting new features. Its why windows sucked for years and why Blizzard refuses to go all in in graphical features. They want people using 15 year old emachines running Windows XP to still be able to play the game, meanwhile those of us with good computers running quad titans, 64GB of RAM, and i7 extreme CPUs from experiencing graphical heaven.

People shouldnt be using 5 year old phones

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Planned obsolescence is a good thing. Idiots who insist on trying to use 5 year old crap holds the rest of us back from getting new stuff because anything new has to support old shit too limiting new features. Its why windows sucked for years and why Blizzard refuses to go all in in graphical features. They want people using 15 year old emachines running Windows XP to still be able to play the game, meanwhile those of us with good computers running quad titans, 64GB of RAM, and i7 extreme CPUs from experiencing graphical heaven.

Oh shit Zombergy vs Orlong.

Fight fight fight!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Design and usability are hugely important to many consumers. They value such over performance in most cases- about ~86%, in fact. Which is about the percent of value assessment our focus groups place over performance.

Apple devices often appeal to consumers for their usability and style (design).

Disclosure: I conduct market research studies for electronics, mobile devices, prosumer equipment (etc) for a living.
    Usability is quite awful on that macbook since the keyboard is not your average laptop keyboard people got use too for 20+ years. For time in my life I am going to say, you must be awfully stupid to buy a product that is not worth the value, just for the design of it. (I am talking in general terms)
    Last edited by mmoceb308a7d21; 2016-08-15 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post

PCs and phones aren't remotely equitable. Nobody tries to code apps for 5 year old phones, because most 5 year old phones can't even run modern apps at all.

People's PCs also aren't the only things holding back WoW graphically. The engine can only be adapted so far.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Only thing I used is like a Gen 3 iPod from Apple. Other than that, I think their products are complete shit that their competitors do much better.

I saw the new Macbooks and they are piss poor in performance, lack ports and the price is too high. Its not worth it. Its basically an Apple netbook, that is good for browsing the web and enjoy basic media. Can someone enlighten me, why Apple is going downhill? I remember back in the day Steve Jobs hated many cables that were connected to an average PC and look at the macbook now, you need all sorts 5 in 1 ports to get it working for your needs.

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/buy-mac/macbook - £1000 for a netbook?!?! I would understand the macbook pro would cost that much, but a bad in performance netbook?
    Didn't you hear the news? Yeah, Steve Jobs died, and Apple will die with him. Do you remember how not-great Apple was while he was gone? That is what they will become again. Jobs was a unique businessman, who believed in making huge product gambles, and charging a fortune for them. He got all his customers to pay way more than then they intended, because he was such a great marketer. Your average CEO has nowhere near the cojones to implement his business style.

Usability is quite awful on that macbook since the keyboard is not your average laptop keyboard people got use too for 20+ years. For time in my life I am going to say, you must be awfully stupid to buy a product that is not worth the value, just for the design of it. (I am talking in general terms)
    To be fair, the Macbook has arguably the top 3 or so keyboards on the market, with the Thinkpads being the best.

Oh shit Zombergy vs Orlong.

Fight fight fight!
    A scene from the Godzilla remake pops in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.