Page 90 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garalon View Post
    are the swipe and mangle numbers tooltip numbers or they've already accounted for armor reduction?
    anyway thank you for your insight, icyveins should update their guide then they are misleading people
    average hit #s from 100+ hits on a training dummy. It is lvl 102 so its armor is a bit lower than a raid boss, so swipe/mangle damage are probably a few % higher than they should be, but it doesn't really change anything. Of course that's a highly simplified set of math too, so don't take the #s too seriously. It's pretty much just to show that GG (DPS)>SotF>GG (Rage) for DPS, any real comparison of DPS numbers between the specs should be left to sims, which can be made much more precise.

Guides aren't also necessarily wrong to write off SotF. It's a newb friendly option for single-traget that's pretty well balanced for that spot, but it becomes trash the moment an extra target wanders in. If it were made more usable in AoE situations (by making mangle do ~20% splash damage or something along those lines), then it could be called a good newb-friendly general-purpose talent, right now it's almost always bad.

No beta access, so I can't comment on any specifics for artifact traits.

@Braindwen Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you meant "SOTF is a dps increase and survivability increase" compared to the other talents.

Level 103 is quite a significant armour difference to 102, but I agree that it doesn't change your point.

Ursocs endurance doesnt seem to work as the tooltip describes? My ironfur drops when its 1.5sec left but works like it should on mark of ursol and barkskin

Quote Originally Posted by Darus View Post
    Ursocs endurance doesnt seem to work as the tooltip describes? My ironfur drops when its 1.5sec left but works like it should on mark of ursol and barkskin
    That's been bugged for the entirety of the Trait's lifecycle. WHo knows it may get fixed before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    That's been bugged for the entirety of the Trait's lifecycle. WHo knows it may get fixed before launch.
    Starting to wonder about it now when launch is 2 weeks off, if its a bug or a faulty tooltip.

Starting to wonder about it now when launch is 2 weeks off, if its a bug or a faulty tooltip.
    If it's a tooltip error that drops from one of the best traits to one of the worst. Blizz will have fooled a lot of people

its ok we still have jagged claws or reinforced fur as best traits to +relic incase ursoc's endurance doesnt boost ironfur?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    If it's a tooltip error that drops from one of the best traits to one of the worst. Blizz will have fooled a lot of people
    I know I've reported it via the in game bug report, and directed it to the couple devs I know. Still nothing, and that was a couple months ago.

its ok we still have jagged claws or reinforced fur as best traits to +relic incase ursoc's endurance doesnt boost ironfur?
    Yes of course. It just reduces the value of going Gory Fur first. It'll probably still win, but still.

Might end up picking up the armor first if that was the case, theres not many good things to pick from!

Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    I know I've reported it via the in game bug report, and directed it to the couple devs I know. Still nothing, and that was a couple months ago.
    Thats sad that such bugs are still around

YES, MAUL WAS BUFFED!

said no one ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    YES, MAUL WAS BUFFED!

said no one ever
    23% of crap is still crap

at this point i rather they remove maul and add in a focusedrage-esque rage dump

sharpen paws
    20 rage 3sec cd reduced by haste
    your next mangle/thrash does 20% more damage
    stacks up to 5times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    This is actually favorite herb to farm. I'll hop in vent while the guild is running mythics and w/e and talk about me farming it.
    "How many fargenshlackle does it take to rank 3?"
    "I keep falling off these ledges farming this fragglerockenfargle"
    "I can't get this fargenfoliac to gather... is this fargenfurter node bugged" And so on until they mute me.

Deleted
    at this point i rather they remove maul and add in a focusedrage-esque rage dump

sharpen paws
    20 rage 3sec cd reduced by haste
    your next mangle/thrash does 20% more damage
    stacks up to 5times
    Way too often people can only think of carbon copies of other class abilities to 'fix' something with their own class.

I would make swipe do more damage when only hit one target

Deleted
    I would make swipe do more damage when only hit one target
    That would result in terrible gameplay whenever you have multiple targets but only one of them is important. It would incentivise you to turn that mob out of the group and forgo the aoe potential of your filler for the increased single target damage.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    23% of crap is still crap
    Hey, speak for yourself, I plan to use it 23% more often!

0 * 123% = 0

Dont think there are many situations where that is true, if you dps increases by 10% on one target its not worth the whole group losing cleave over =P but either way the aoe threat is fine, single target could use a bump and doing it through maul sucks. The direct damage on moonfire could use an increase too

Would make sense if MF was the filler on single target tbh

Deleted
    I would actually really like maul to be worth it, but I think 23% is a 0 short of doing that.
    @Darus Since Swipe is only a cone and a lot of cleave like Thrash, Whirlwind and Blood boil is area, you could stand in the middle of the mobs to obtain that damage increase without hurting melees cleave. Ranged is unaffected anyway.

Moonfire direct damage would be an immense buff to Galactic Guardian, which I don't hold my breath for. After playing blood for an expansion I see no problem in an aoe ability as single target filler, but it is kind of weird. On the other hand, maybe the problem will be less pronounced on 110 with increased chance to proc Gore from the artifact.