Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
    Honestly, as an aside, that is why I loved Mass Effect so much. Sure, humans were still important upstarts but we didn't rule shit. The whole galaxy was full of folks who had been there first, longer. Even when humans come to power, if you follow that path, other species outnumber us and still hold MUCH power. The canon path has them as a support species.
    I'm not sure I see it the same way. In 30 years, humanity went from colonizing our own system to having more than double the worlds of the asari or turians, and having a military strength nearly on par with the turian fleet. In 30 years we accomplished an embassy, Spectres (2 of them), and even a councilor that some races never even got close to in centuries. I'd argue it's very human-centric.

As for WoW, humans are just generic. They tend to be in most RPG's. D&D even says "the most common and general adaptable race, they have no specific strengths or weaknesses" (paraphrased). I'd rather see more fiction where we're at the back of the bus instead of the ones leading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    The only thing Jaina should be for is a noose.

Fingers crossed she get's five man boss status. She doesn't even deserve her own raid at this point.
    Most interesting Alliance char, by far the best leader we ever had, and most certainly someone id follow far. Why don't you go horde to all the war-criminals and other weak types of characters ?

Deleted
    Andiun is king of Stormwind, but it's Malfurion/Velen/Mekkatorque that mainly focuses how to destroy the legion. The rest are just there to support.

Interesting? There's nothing interesting about a racist warmonger that want's to start a race war while Azeroth is under invasion by the Legion. That's just moronic. The only kind of people that enjoy what Jaina has become are the kind of mouth-breathers that still think faction pride isn't cringey as fuck in 2016.
    1) Racist? LuL, Just because you hate someone doesnt mean its because of their race. But i like the total incompetence shown here. You like being cucked? Or are you still inside the liberal closet hiding?

2) Starting a war? The war never ended. It was a temporary truce the horde has repeatedly broken. Jaina wants the horde dealt with, and if that isnt enough, atleast nothing to do with them. Seems like a mature way of dealing with "allies" that constantly hamper your efforts and stab you in the back

3) Jaina has evolved past youthfull ignorance. Its lovely to finally have someone that is forced to realize their insane idea of understanding and peace amongst different cultures is totally impossible. And that everyone, EVERY SINGLE ONE, is always going to be prioritizing themselves over others.

4) >LeCurrentYearMayMay Its a game about faction pride you clown. Get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    But Anduin has never put the interests of the Alliance first. When Tyrande, Jaina wanted Garrosh dead, he visited him and even saved his life. When humans were trying to save him from Pandaria, he was trying to escape them to make new panda-friends while they gave their lives to find him. He helped Baine retake his town only for Baine to come against him and the Alliance and together with the rest of the Horde, wipe out Theramore.
    Anduin is a retard, and the only way the other leaders would support him in a believable setting is if they also believed that and wanted to take advantage of it to rule from the shadows. But I doubt the storytelling is this good for the Alliance.
    So doing good without wanting anything in return now is been a retard.
    Anduin is probably the most selfless character this game has and it needs a character like that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Stormwind is a monarch and the humans are leaders of the alliance.

/onesentenceisallittook
    The Alliance is an Alliance. While the Kingdom of Stormwind founded what is now the Alliance, it does not mean they have to right to retain monarchical rule over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Dwarves are not very populous. Dwarves and Gnomes build a lot of stuff, but the resourcing seem to come from Stormwind. The trade, the shipyards, the lumber, the food and the manpower. And the Magic.

The Dwarves have always been depicted as the natural allies and auxiliaries of the Humans. Even recently the Council of Three Hammers was created when Varian intervened, marched into Ironforge and settled the political dispute for the Dwarves at basically "gun point".

As lore/fiction character, the Dwarves are like a Scottish/German hybrid thingy, both nations known for the industriousness.
    True, but with the Dark Iron and the Wildhammer joining them, they became populous and they do hold much of the Eastern Kingdoms. I mean, think a bit, from Wetlands to Redridge all is dwarven land now. Meanwhile Stormwind has like 4 zones left, one, Wetlands, being in rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    So doing good without wanting anything in return now is been a retard.
    Anduin is probably the most selfless character this game has and it needs a character like that..
    Anduin helped Garrosh live. If that's not being a retard, I don't know what is. And yes, the game needs a character like that, who cares about doing good more about anything else. Just not at the head of one of the two factions that are at war.

oh my god people, I'm not going to bother reading through 12 pages, but HIGH KING does not automaticly mean that they rule over the other kingdoms and they others swear fealty to the high king.

Right from wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_king

In this model, a high king might be chosen from among a group of kings in his personal capacity, for instance by election or on the basis of genealogical superiority. Alternatively, the high kingship might be attached to the kingship of one of the constituent kingdoms, either permanently or when one kingdom is able to assert supremacy over the others. The high king's authority over other kings is usually limited, and in some high kingships his duties are largely ceremonial, or restricted to occasions such as war that create a need for a unified command structure.
    Anduin is high king mostly because of inheritance, his father was high king, so it passes to him, he can choose to abdicate or appoint, or call for a vote any time he chooses, the other races likely give him the position out of respect, he's a good diplomat, he's pious and honorable and listens well to counsel, it's an honour the other races bestowed upon him.

the other races can easily revoke the title by calling for a vote if they feel the current leader is not worthy, but with Ironforge in a tenuous cold war with three factions until moria's child comes of age, who among the dwarves would be given high king? it'd start a civil war, they are just looking for an excuse to kill each other.

the night elves were mostly isolationist and only really interact with the other races when forced too, gnomes have never really been a military or strategic powerhouse, and owe a lot of their existence to the bronzebeards, if anything they'd support a bronzebeard high king.

Draenei, while they have a lot of experience with the Legion, most of their history hasn't been fighting them, but rather running away from them and fighting only when they have too, while powerful warriors of the light, they are still newcomers to the world and most races would be unlikely to elect them as high king, while they have proven themselves, many would still compare them to the eredar, who are also currently ravaging the world...

humans, are the glue that holds the alliance together, without the humans at Hyjal the night elves wouldn't have joined the alliance in the first place, they have good relations with all races and stormwind could even be considered neutral ground.

it makes sense to make the humans the defacto leaders, out of all other factions they are the most stable with the strongest leadership and military.
    Last edited by BladedDingo; 2016-08-16 at 11:50 PM.

True, but with the Dark Iron and the Wildhammer joining them, they became populous and they do hold much of the Eastern Kingdoms. I mean, think a bit, from Wetlands to Redridge all is dwarven land now. Meanwhile Stormwind has like 4 zones left, one, Wetlands, being in rebellion.

Anduin helped Garrosh live. If that's not being a retard, I don't know what is. And yes, the game needs a character like that, who cares about doing good more about anything else. Just not at the head of one of the two factions that are at war.
    Says who?
    I think before Varian's death he was gonna walk the path of Anduin.
    Anduin made Varian change a lot of his character and for the better.

Anduin is the best possible choice for the aliance because he really represents what the aliance of so called good guys should look like.

Remember the horde and the aliance are this Horde = evil Aliance = good this is how they were portrait when the story of warcraft began.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    He's the only white male.

Velen: Alien
    Tyrande: A chick
    Jaina: A chick
    Muradin: Circus folk
    Mekkatorgue: Circus folk
    Genn: Dog
    Anduin: Privileged white boy
    circus folk xD

Deleted
    Because only humans matter in the alliance apparently.

Every expansion puts more and more certain characters in the spotlight who become leaders for just any reason "just because".

Its like they don't even bother about making the horde feel like a congregation of races and the same for alliance. Everyone just blindly follows what the fanservice characters say. It would be too complex for us foolish players to understand some geopolitics or competition of interest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Says who?
    I think before Varian's death he was gonna walk the path of Anduin.
    Anduin made Varian change a lot of his character and for the better.

Anduin is the best possible choice for the aliance because he really represents what the aliance of so called good guys should look like.

Remember the horde and the aliance are this Horde = evil Aliance = good this is how they were portrait when the story of warcraft began.
    No, you're just speculating based on your own wishes that he was going to walk the path of Anduin. We don't know. Also, I really doubt it.

However yes, Anduin helped change Varian for the better, I'll give you that.

No, I disagree on him being the best possible choice for the Alliance. He's a weak leader who tried to reason with Garrosh even after Garrosh tried to kill him, even after Garrosh wiped out Theramore, even after Garrosh used civilians as target practice in Orgrimmar. And due to Anduin's interference, WoD happened. How many Alliance AND Horde warriors died in WoD? All of them are Anduin's fault, for he saved Garrosh's life. He literally saved Hitler. And everyone payed for that. I am quite curious what would he think now about saving Garrosh, after WoD? If he'd still think he was right... then it proves my point that he's a retard. And if he disagrees, it would still disprove your point of him being so good.

And the story changed, the Horde=evil has not been true anymore since Warcraft 3. It doesn't matter how things started, since, as it is a somewhat good story, it evolved.

No, you're just speculating based on your own wishes that he was going to walk the path of Anduin. We don't know. Also, I really doubt it.

However yes, Anduin helped change Varian for the better, I'll give you that.

No, I disagree on him being the best possible choice for the Alliance. He's a weak leader who tried to reason with Garrosh even after Garrosh tried to kill him, even after Garrosh wiped out Theramore, even after Garrosh used civilians as target practice in Orgrimmar. And due to Anduin's interference, WoD happened. How many Alliance AND Horde warriors died in WoD? All of them are Anduin's fault, for he saved Garrosh's life. He literally saved Hitler. And everyone payed for that. I am quite curious what would he think now about saving Garrosh, after WoD? If he'd still think he was right... then it proves my point that he's a retard. And if he disagrees, it would still disprove your point of him being so good.

And the story changed, the Horde=evil has not been true anymore since Warcraft 3. It doesn't matter how things started, since, as it is a somewhat good story, it evolved.
    None of it is Anduin's fault.
    He does what he does Garrosh makes the choice.

What do you think would of happened flat out war between horde and aliance if they took the path you wanted?
    How many soldiers would of died then?

There is no good choice here apart from Anduin was trying to do just that Garrosh is a warmongering retard that doesn't see anything is worth outside of power and his own ego.

Again Anduin is the leader Aliance needs in its darkest hours.

I have been liking Anduin more and more, and the latest comic helped in that regard. I am going to give him a shot.

Interesting? There's nothing interesting about a racist warmonger that want's to start a race war while Azeroth is under invasion by the Legion. That's just moronic. The only kind of people that enjoy what Jaina has become are the kind of mouth-breathers that still think faction pride isn't cringey as fuck in 2016.
    I've seen a lot on these forums that were truly bizarre and ourageous, but this...this is spectacularly obscene.

Racism? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    I have been liking Anduin more and more, and the latest comic helped in that regard. I am going to give him a shot.
    he's still too young, but he is coming across as wise. I don't like that. he needs to make some mistakes!
    Hi

Don't think much do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Why the fuck would you give someone a military position if they needed advisers to actually run the show?
    You don't think that every single world leader has Military advisers? The last U.S. President with combat experience was Jimmy Carter, and that was negligible. Ever heard of the Secretaries of Defense, The Army, The Navy, and the Air Force? The Joint Chiefs of Staff? Get out of here with your idiocy.

The thing is, Anduin has yet to be called High King. Absolutely nowhere in current time can you find someone calling him by that title.

Sure, the comic shows that in ~50 years he'll be called that, but a lot will be different by then.

The point remains - Anduin Wynn is not high king of anything; only king of Stormwind.

because in the eyes of blizzard. humans are the master race and best at everything they touch.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Ekal View Post
    You don't think that every single world leader has Military advisers? The last U.S. President with combat experience was Jimmy Carter, and that was negligible. Ever heard of the Secretaries of Defense, The Army, The Navy, and the Air Force? The Joint Chiefs of Staff? Get out of here with your idiocy.
    Because the U.S. President isn't intended to be a military leader like High King is. U.S. President≠High King. At least compare things that are equal.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2016-10-19 at 10:32 PM.