Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't want too melee, than's not why I play Hunter. And just judging from people in this thread, that's pretty much everyone's opinion.

When the pre-patch was released I saw quite few Survival Hunters, the hype you know, but the closer to Legion we get the fewer I see. It's to early to call it a failure from Blizzard but I can't help but feel like it. Guess the first months of Legion will decide if it really is or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe groups will be picky and prefer a ranged Hunter.

7+ Year Old Account
    most people have super awesome guns, but dont have very good polearms... so.... sticking with what they know for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    Fair enough, but still. It's not necessarily about what was available at the time, it's what had been asked for by some and what the devs though of changing and/or bringing back. Otherwise it's like saying Warlocks didn't sign up to have green fire pre-5.2 because the option was not there. And you'd be right in a way, but green fire is what we were asking for. g
    Sigh. Last point first. Green fire DOES NOT CHANGE A SPEC. Don't be silly if you want people to take your arguments seriously.

Second, anyone who rolled a ranged class and then wanted to melee with it (aside from the people who did that early in Vanilla) were idiots. Why on earth would you roll a ranged pure dps if you want to melee? Roll a rogue. You might want to play ranged sometimes and melee others? Alts.

If I'd wanted a melee DPS main, my main wouldn't be a Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Sigh. Last point first. Green fire DOES NOT CHANGE A SPEC. Don't be silly if you want people to take your arguments seriously.

Second, anyone who rolled a ranged class and then wanted to melee with it (aside from the people who did that early in Vanilla) were idiots. Why on earth would you roll a ranged pure dps if you want to melee? Roll a rogue. You might want to play ranged sometimes and melee others? Alts.
    HA! Telling someone not to be silly if they want to have their argument taken seriously, then immediately calling everyone with an opinion other than your own an idiot. Classic.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's not even that. A lot of the players simply don't want a melee hunter spec. Maybe an ability or two to use while in melee range, but not full on melee. Those who liked that style are probably playing Unholy Death Knights since it's the same. They gutted a lot from Survival and many just don't like that.

The artifact itself isn't going to save it. Every artifact talent is either a damage boost or damage reduction. The exceptions are the initial point which is a new move and the final move (Eagle's Bite) that puts a dot. There is literally nothing there that will help make it work properly. It is expected to have low damage/survivability until we gear/level up.
    Using the Artifact on Beta I have fun with Surv, without the Artifact I don't. Thus to me the Artifact is what makes Surv work for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by POXHANANANA View Post
    I don't want too melee, than's not why I play Hunter. And just judging from people in this thread, that's pretty much everyone's opinion.
    OH ho ho, how wrong you are there friend. 90% of the hunters I play with in game love that there is a spec they can go to be Melee Hunter now.

Deleted
    My main alt is a BM orc hunter inspired by Rexxar and will become survival in legion (as Rexxar was revealed to be survival specced in legion :O).

The dissapointing thing about survival is that it's actually based around 2-handed weapons (yes, the main skills can only be used with a 2-hander equiped). :/

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Using the Artifact on Beta I have fun with Surv, without the Artifact I don't. Thus to me the Artifact is what makes Surv work for me.
    So basically just increasing the damage of your abilities is fun? If so, that's fine, but saying it will save the spec and fix it, isn't close.

For me hunters might as well have 2 specs from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    My main alt is a BM orc hunter inspired by Rexxar and will become survival in legion (as Rexxar was revealed to be survival specced in legion :O).

The dissapointing thing about survival is that it's actually based around 2-handed weapons (yes, the main skills can only be used with a 2-hander equiped). :/
    It was always known it was a 2 handed spec, hence polearms.

Hunters are for range, want to be a melee hunter be a demon hunter. Already way too many melee and hunters at range were rather strong, as melee they are just that melee. I am playing mm now and enjoy the change, but once I loose the instant aime shot I might go back to beast :3 beast is rather slow and boring to play though..

Deleted
    Why would anyone switch from one of the best and most mobile ranged specs in game to survival?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Pretty sure approximately 0 people were asking for melee hunters.
    i know at least half a docent that were asking for it . and there were even more during classic

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So basically just increasing the damage of your abilities is fun? If so, that's fine, but saying it will save the spec and fix it, isn't close.
    The artifact also gives a new ability (or more based on spec), as well as influences ability CD's which adds to different playstyles. It might very well flow much smoother gameplay for the poster's playstyle.

I actually saw lot of them in BGs and arena skirmishes.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8

Yes, look how popular SV is... XD
    More popular than Combat rogues, and I don't happen to see any DH's on that list. Just saying, maybe wait until xpac launches and raiding starts before trying to make a point. I get what you are pointing out, but there's also a distinct bias going on right now. Most players probably never bothered collecting gear for SV, and until just before pre event launch there was no testing to show BiS (or approximations) to know how to gear for it. Don't forget about the issue of a lot of players probably just sticking to the comfort zone of playing what they know, and wanting to see how something they've played for a raid tier stacks up.
    Could very well be that SV sucks in Legion, but right now is a hard time to bring in parses for something brand new and that a lot of players won't mess with. Personally, I'm stoked for a change (if it pans out) as I've played Hunter since I started in Wrath; but, if still probably be playing MM in HFC just because I don't have the best gear for SV right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    More popular than Combat rogues, and I don't happen to see any DH's on that list. Just saying, maybe wait until xpac launches and raiding starts before trying to make a point. I get what you are pointing out, but there's also a distinct bias going on right now. Most players probably never bothered collecting gear for SV, and until just before pre event launch there was no testing to show BiS (or approximations) to know how to gear for it. Don't forget about the issue of a lot of players probably just sticking to the comfort zone of playing what they know, and wanting to see how something they've played for a raid tier stacks up.
    Could very well be that SV sucks in Legion, but right now is a hard time to bring in parses for something brand new and that a lot of players won't mess with. Personally, I'm stoked for a change (if it pans out) as I've played Hunter since I started in Wrath; but, if still probably be playing MM in HFC just because I don't have the best gear for SV right now.
    Of course it's more popular than Combat Rogues...those don't exist anymore, you need to look at Outlaw Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Did the change to melee not make them a good choice anymore... or they just not good during pre patch? They fun/not fun? Perform good/bad ?
    there is no place in raiding for more melee - blizzard had good intentions but since most raid teams have 3-4 melee spots there is simply no place for survival hunters in there when they could be range hunters.