Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    young children are generally not at risk of heat stroke, so unless you're talking about jailing children (which I'm not sure you'd even be against lol) in prisons without A/C it's not really the same thing
    I hope like hell you're not a doctor/nurse. They are just as susceptible to heat stroke as adults. Where the hell are you getting this info that they aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I think it's hard for us to sometimes recognize that prisoners are people too. Sure an arguement could be made for the worst of the worst (serial killers, rapists, etc.) not deserving such things, but most other prisoners deserve common decency and to be treated humanely. And like others have pointed out, a pacified prison populace is a less aggressive prison populace. I say, put in the AC!
    they're not people because they were sent there for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I hope like hell you're not a doctor/nurse. They are just as susceptible to heat stroke as adults. Where the hell are you getting this info that they aren't?
    In case you have not noticed just in this thread alone, this poster has a trend of just posting whatever comes to mind, regardless if its accurate or not. lol

While I can understand a lack of empathy for criminals... what about the prison employees? Aren't they working in that environment lacking climate control? While I may not feel too bad for prisoners (but they still shouldn't be tortured or have their lives put at risk due to high temperatures), I do feel for the prison guards/employees. There might be areas they can go to that are climate controlled but some of them will have to work in areas that aren't. There should be a certain level of climate control mandated for all areas of the prison so that at the very least no one (not prisoner nor guards/employees) has their health put at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Ok so we can go back and forth all day.

Does anyone actually know with facts what the temps in the average prison are in summer months?

You'd be surprised what multiple layers of cinder block and brick will do, not to mention steel shells. (think cave dynamics in cooling) Prisons aren't exactly made out of flimsy walls for a reason.
    Just texted my uncle as a who used to work here: Southern Ohio Correctional Facility http://www.drc.ohio.gov/Public/socf.htm.

The block he worked on said averaged low to mid 80s. At 90 they needed to have special accommodations to meet with Ohio Regulations.

Note how I phrased the question is this is at its worst (probably at midday). Granted we are in Ohio which is a tad bit cooler than the deep south.
    Last edited by akris15; 2016-08-16 at 12:32 AM.

You really don't see the difference between a jail and a prison, isn'it ?

BTW, I'm so surprised to see those things combined

-Deep South...
    -People trying to look as tough as possible on crime (if possible, some people would vote for ''double death penalty'' for stealing 5$ ''to teach crimunals a lesson kek''
    -Parish named for a dude that combine incompetence and treason...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    People die from overheating in the summer too, but hey, who cares if scumbags die, right?
    I don't. And they aren't.

They're QQing because they're not comfortable not because they're health is suffering.

We've got people in the country that don't even have fucking homes.

We've got thousands of elderly people dying every year form heat exhaustion because they cant afford to service their HVAC.

Those people, those innocent non-criminal filth people, are where money should be going.

Fuck these criminals.

Maybe they'll remember the heat the next time they decide to commit a crime.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    In case you have not noticed just in this thread alone, this poster has a trend of just posting whatever comes to mind, regardless if its accurate or not. lol
    I have, as in other threads too. Just hoping that it's just a misinformed teen and not something else that can't be named on here....

10+ Year Old Account
    I never thought that I would agree with Orlong on anything. Prisons cost us too much already. The temperature should be uncormfortable. Fans are more than anyone had for the vast existence of the human race.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Despite a SCOTUS ruling in 1981 that the Constitution does not demand that prisons need to made comfortable, a bunch of thugs are bitching that the lack of AC in prison is a human rights violation and a violation of the 8th amendment regarding cruel and unusual punishment, and as such are suing.

This is asinine. I and many others grew up without air conditioning in our homes and survived just fine. It would cost too much money to install AC in the prisons and in addition, I dont believe they should have AC anyway. Prison isnt supposed to be like a hotel. Youre there to be punished and for the experience to be bad enough that you behave when you get out because you dont want to go back. They give them fans, cold showers, and ice. Thats good enough. Let the thugs sweat!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/16/us...ning.html?_r=0
    What did they do? Smoke some weed?

Fuck off with this shit.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to leave this here.

So only America has black people? I didn't even bother to watch it. I could tell from the title it's bullshit.

Okay people who are so much ''for duh law'', please explain me, according to you, what is a jail versus a prison ?

The post is extremely misleading. People are not suing a prison, they are suing a jail, which is not the place criminal goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    ON a side note, as a kid I attended a 30 day long summer camp every year. We lived in in bunks with... *gasp* no air conditioning.

The dining hall? Shit, no A/C. The rec center on grounds? No A/C. On top of all that, all our activities were mostly outside in the blazing sun.

No A/C for a month. As a kid. In the south.

Amazingly we didn't die.
    So they kept you in a room and didn't allow you to do anything to escape the heat? If not I don't see how they are comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Just texted my uncle as a who used to work here: Southern Ohio Correctional Facility http://www.drc.ohio.gov/Public/socf.htm.

The block he worked on said averaged low to mid 80s. At 90 they needed to have special accommodations to meet with Ohio Regulations.
    What are special accommodations?

*drum roll*

Fans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I think once you go to jail you're no longer a person. But that's what I believe.

It enrages me when these prisoners or convincts have the audacity to complain about shit like this, you know?
    Lets hope you never get falsely arrested so you don't stop being a person. Or let me guess. You don't think that ever happens.

explain to the class why its mostly the elderly that die in these heat waves we get then.

(there are actually multiple reasons, like unable to move on their own, loss of ability to sense how warm they actually are, ect.)

but no, no medical school here. I don't think I've ever claimed otherwise.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    So they kept you in a room and didn't allow you to do anything to escape the heat? If not I don't see how they are comparable.
    What do you mean "escape" the heat. Its summer camp, no there was no a/c anywhere. We had fans, cold water, and had showers. Surprisingly camp is a lot like prison, just not nearly as boring.

Doesn't it depend on what kind of temperatures hit inside the jail @ summer? I mean if it gets extremely hot, isn't it inhumane?

You do realize even with confusion that, once again, a jail is a place you go while awaiting trial or when sentenced to short sentences ?

10+ Year Old Account
    People like Orlong will never be able to accept that a penal system meant to rehabilitate and keep inmates adjusted to life on the outside, like in Nordic countries, will always be superior to privatized slave-labor camps meant to punish and engineered to leave the inmates prone to reincarceration because that's cheap labor and almost pure profit. And they've brainwashed people like Orlong into thinking that this is justified because they've completely dehumanized people who break any law and pander to their vanity and inherent sense of moral superiority.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!