Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Not saying she is wrong to be wary of them, but that doesn't change the fact that her being "alive" is indirectly because of demonic magic. It's a bit hypocritical to condem one group for using fel magic to fight the legion when her entire race does the same thing.
    necromancy isnt demonic, undeath is its own cosmic power.
    some demons like dreadlords use necromancy tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Sylvanas is mad. I doubt her sincerity when it comes to defeating Legion. All she cares about is advancing her own agenda.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizz did a good job with both cinematics. From the Alliance's point of view the Horde did retreat for no good reason because they couldn't see what was happening up on the ridge. It seems the only one who did was Varian, but you know... he ded. Should the Horde have retreated? They probably would have been massacred had they not, so in the end it was likely the right call.

The whole point of that cinematic was to give Varian a good send off, make Sylvanas Warchief, and set up the Genn vs. Sylvanas conflict and I think it succeeded on all of those fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Isn't it ironic that Genn is blames the Horde for leaving the allaince and saving themselves at Broken Shore.

Doesn't that sound vaguely familiar to a certain member of an Alliance that put forth a half assed bare bones effort in the 2nd war until it hit their doorstep and then in the wars aftermath left the Alliance because they couldn't take Alterac Land and had to pay for the Prison camps. So they built a wall and sat behind it all the way through the third war watching misery unfold.

Fast track to cata and the undead Forsaken of the Third War and it's kingdoms ravaged Gilneas and now he is butthurt that not only does the Forsaken the people he was a complete shitbag to gave him his comeupins multiple times.

hes butthurt and he resents them. Must make him salty.
    You do have a point there. But the biggest butthurt moment was when his son was killed right in front of him by the one who was supposed to hold the ridge. So more Bitter than Salty. As Horde you had to retreat, as Alliance you also retreat but you blame the Horde anyway. Good old Blame-throwing never fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Try to see it from his point of view.
    The person who he hates the most in the world, who destroyed his kingdom and killed his son, has retreated from a very important battle in a crucial moment, leading to Varian's death, for no apparent reason. Why shouldn't he think that's betrayal?
    If thats what drives him, he shouldnt be commanding anyone, nor should he be a leader of his race. just try to imagine what would happen with our world if the world leaders would get too emotional. thats why not everyone can be a leader. you have to look past some things and see the greater picture. but i guess if it fits his agenda... wouldnt surprise me if he, inside himself, was happy about varian's death. lets not forget he turned his back after 2nd war and separated himself from the rest of the world with a wall. now, SUCH a person can be suspected of betrayal.

"We have a very low chance of defeating the Legion, why would she want to harm the Alliance now?" I don't know, but she seemed to want to harm the Alliance when there was a giant lava dragon flying around and destroying whatever he wanted.
    i dont see baine crying about taurajo, i dont see blood elves holding grudge against the trolls, the horde wanted to harm alliance just as much as alliance wanted to harm the horde, but notice the crucial PAST TENSE. times change, wether we like it or not, we rely on each other now and only a fool would backstab the ally in need. if genn or the alliance has such a problem with trust and cannot contain their hatred (btw isnt it funny how the alliance ended up being raawrrrr me hate you, and the horde became the rational one?), whats even the point of defending against the legion? lets just surrender, cause sooner or later this will end up in this stupid faction war again, with legion right at our door.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    So well written? HAAAAAA! That fucking character was cleared of everything he did I mean literally no consequences whatsoever.
    He lost his son.
    He lost his humanity.
    He lost his kingdom.

He talks a big game but when it's a fight, he's the first to retreat, like he does on the Broken Shore, leaving Varian to sacrifice himself for him.
    Funny how Horde fanboys defend Sylvanas as "b-b-b-but retreat was smart!" but apparently Genn is a coward for it.

Genn was the one ordered to lead the charge forward and was doing so... until Sylvanas ordered for the retreat. Also, the Gilneans actively fought the Scourge. They'd destroyed Dalaran and Lordaeron already, so what were the Gilneans supposed to do? Leave the whopping great gate open so the undead hordes who'd rolled over two kingdoms could munch down on a third? The whole reason the Worgen came about was because the Gilneans were losing to the Scourge.

Also Varian sacrificed himself for everybody, including the Alliance PC.

Like he left the rest of the world fight a battle he should have been a part of, like he ran away from Gilneas leaving behind the guy who he was fighting up to that moment to once again fight for him.
    See above.

And to top it all, he won't even fulfill his king's dying wish and gives the task to another cause, once again, it's too hard. Well written character... that guy should be at the end of a rope if the Alliance was just and not preferential in their treatment of characters.
    How is it bad writing for a character to be too upset to attend a funeral? What do you want, one-dimensional eternal Gary Sue's who do everything with stone faced determination? Zzzzzzz. If Genn had preferencial treatment, Sylvanas would be dangling from a noose from the Greymane Wall, he wouldn't have lost his son, he'd be sat ruling over Gilneas... from Gilneas. Compare that to Sylvanas' massive plot armour.

Are you by chance sore that the writers were unable to give the Alliance a strong female character after several attempts and you ended up with an old coward you have to pretend he's cool?
    Jaina's stronger than most Alliance characters - male or female - by virtue of actually calling out the Horde, something that trigggers Horde fanboys badly.

Are you so upset that your waifu exists only because the plot demands everybody turn into morons who never acknowledge her many, many flaws and actions? To the point they actually have to come up with nonsense like "the Loa told me to make you Warchief so whatever."
    Last edited by Bigby; 2016-08-16 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    You do have a point there. But the biggest butthurt moment was when his son was killed right in front of him by the one who was supposed to hold the ridge. So more Bitter than Salty. As Horde you had to retreat, as Alliance you also retreat but you blame the Horde anyway. Good old Blame-throwing never fails.
    So many people use the word "butthurt" in this thread wrong. If I kill your son/daughter in front of you, can I call you butthurt if you get mad?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    So many people use the word "butthurt" in this thread wrong. If I kill your son/daughter in front of you, can I call you butthurt if you get mad?
    I agree with you, you just didn't read my post. Sidenote: The word Butthurt is just funnier than emotionally traumatized.

"I was extremely butthurt when my dog died yesterday"