Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    And yet, some reviewers thought it was too much.
    This world's going to shit with the PC police.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I saw an article yesterday in the Province newspaper bitching about people bitching about reviewers and critics being too PC. I think it was quite telling that it had to resort to insults to get its point across. It even blamed Ghostbuster's poor performance on misogyny because the reviews were so great.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just seen the movie yesterday and I thought it was actually pretty good. It's not as bad as people are making it out to be in my opinion. I'd give it a solid 7/10 with my issue being with Jared Leto. He was a terrible Joker, especially the laugh, it was shit. The only person i've seen so far IN A LONG time that is amazing would be Cameron Monaghan.

and

These are two very good reasons why I deem him as my favorite since Heath Ledger. Kid is just too damn good and I hope we see him in the future.

Back on topic:
    Harley made the movie for me, I just love Margot Robbie in everything she plays in. Will Smith was alright, same old him, nothing more. Really liked the Enchantress though, she just looked like a badass. The movie has it's ups and downs but it's more so good than bad. It's just the Joker that was terrible, I just didn't like him one bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think PC-ness had anything to do with the absolute shit of a movie Suicide Squad was though..
    Hi

Finally saw it...and I'm just really sad and disappointed that it had the potential to be really great, but was just...bad.

Leto is the WORST part of the movie, and he utterly tainted the entire thing. His Joker is easily the worst one.

Will Smith salvages the movie from being garbage fire tier, and Viola Davis and the guy playing El Diablo are also pretty great.

5/10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i dont think PC-ness had anything to do with the absolute shit of a movie Suicide Squad was though..
    Sssssssh only critics can dislike the movie, everyone else loves it apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    It did, they were afraid to put more Joker because feminists would rage against the abusive scenes.

And ''shit of a movie'' is highly subjective.

It did, they were afraid to put more Joker because feminists would rage against the abusive scenes.

And ''shit of a movie'' is highly subjective.
    How does more joker = bad?

Why do we/they keep listening to insane feminsts and justice warriors.
    Like really...

How does more joker = bad?
    Well I think pateuvasiliu is referring to the dysfunctional, abusive, relationship that normally is Harley/Joker which has all been but scrubbed from the SS movie version. And its clear some stuff was written out, because there are shots from trailers where this relationship is referenced that didn't make it into the movie.

For me, more joker is bad because Jared Leto's joker is easily the worst one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Your perspective on criticism is completely incoherent. You wrote an enormous post under the assumption that the rating system RT uses is comparable to American grade schools and then excoriated critics for giving grades based on your faulty assumptions.

You read brah?

Raiting system RT uses? Nah. I didnt compare the grades to the raiting system RT uses. I compared the Critic Average to the grading system in America. The raiting system RT uses is nothing but a thumbs up thumbs down system. Yes or No. Black or White. You either Liked it or you didnt.

I finally saw it yesterday and I found it a little on the "meh" side. It definitely has it moments. Some of the characters feel underused. Like "Here's Deadshot and this is his character and Harley Quinn is with him, but she also has character. Oh and don't forget Diablo who also has a little development and over there we have Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc who are just happy to be here." Amanda Waller seems to work just as I expected (even more ruthless since my exposition to her comes from the animated universe).

The story feels a little disconnected at times, like it's looking more for excuses to go on than to actual things to happen. The introduction to the team is sorta nice, but I felt that it would have been better if we got to see them more before their actual introduction.

The absolutely low point of the movie, for me and my sister that was with me, was the Joker. Makes me feel like Jared Leto thinks the character is just about laughing and being edgy, and it's just cringe-worthy (and considering some of the stuff I've heard he did during the filming I think he believes it).

Overall, not as bad as critics make it seem, but not really good either. Wouldn't recommend it, but also wouldn't stop people from seeing it.

I thought it was an OK film personally.

My biggest issue was the under developed characters. Unless you are a comic book buff then you don't know much about most of those characters.

Scrap the part of the movie where they go saving the annoying black woman who no one gives a damn about. Build several small stories in which give the characters real back story then go into the main boss.

For me it was a missed opportunity to bring some new characters to the masses which would have set the franchise up for further work. Margot Robbie stole the show with her performance for me personally and deadshot was the only character anyone really seemed to give a damn about.

Worth a watch but don't expect much and don't spend ya money on it either; wait for a cheap/free way to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was decent. Predictable, and the big bads they were fighting never felt interesting or all that threatening. They didn't really get me to care about what the evil forest brother and sister were doing or how bad it would be if they succeeded. But I thought Will Smith was great, as was Margot Robbie and Viola Davis nailed it. The other members were decent and overall the movie was entertaining.

I didn't think Leto's Joker was very good, but I also think he was barely given any room to do much with the character given the limited screen time combined with most of that time revolving around Harley since she's one of the main characters in the movie. So while I don't think he was good here, I am not convinced that his Joker will end up being a weak point of the DCEU as of yet. Need to see more of him to make that determination although if the rumors of how much footage there is of him from this movie are true and we get to see a lot or most of it in deleted scenes or an extended cut then that might change my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Well I think pateuvasiliu is referring to the dysfunctional, abusive, relationship that normally is Harley/Joker which has all been but scrubbed from the SS movie version. And its clear some stuff was written out, because there are shots from trailers where this relationship is referenced that didn't make it into the movie.

IMO it isn't far to judge his Joker based on this movie. He was barely in it at all.

Personally Ill wait to judge his joker in the Solo batman movie.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    And then dived in after her to save her.

He then pushes her out of the helicopter to save her later on in the film.

I mean if you want a scene where the Joker is being a dick use the scene where he abandons her in the river for Batman to capture.
    Ooooor, you know, the ECT scene.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    IMO it isn't far to judge his Joker based on this movie. He was barely in it at all.

Personally Ill wait to judge his joker in the Solo batman movie.
    I don't buy this argument because nothing I disliked about him had anything to do with his backstory or how much screentime he had.

His accent. His laugh, and those dumbass stupid tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    You read brah?

Raiting system RT uses? Nah. I didnt compare the grades to the raiting system RT uses. I compared the Critic Average to the grading system in America. T
    This is just rephrasing or purposefully misunderstanding what I wrote.

Let's quote you again: "It was rated 6.5 by critics. Imo thats a bad movie. If you get a 65 on a paper. Thats 2 points from failing my friend in America."

This is an extremely poor comparison because the 6.5 figure is not given according to the grading system of American papers. You compared every critical average to the American paper grading scale. No critical reviews are assigned on this scale, because films are not high school term papers. Every comparison you made was completely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

*nods*
    While I may agree that we didn't see enough to fairly judge Leto's Joker, what we did see is so far at the bottom. I wanted "crazy." Crazy as a fox that enjoys manipulation and mass murder, and chaos. What I got was crazy as the high school kid calling himself weird that was a mobster.

Honestly I didn't like Leto either. It made me cringe.

But I blame the writers. The guy's a great actor. Let's hope Ben Affleck's film will show him in a good light.

Honestly I didn't like Leto either. It made me cringe.

But I blame the writers. The guy's a great actor. Let's hope Ben Affleck's film will show him in a good light.
    Well I haven't seen the movie yet but from the previews I just don't feel like its the joker. Its like the writers said "lets just make him act crazy and ignore any other characteristics."